Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Presidential Election: 11/3/20 ---Now the President Elect Joe Biden Thread

88Comrade2000
Message added by TK,

"Hispanic" sort of like "Latino" is probably too vague a term to rely on going forward.  It covers much too broad a demographic.  Hispanics in CA & the southwest don't necessarily vote like the ones in Florida.  Different motivations sometimes.  

One thing I always have had trouble understanding are the Anti-Casto Cuban-Americans that are either first generation or maybe even second generation that take this hard line stance on America having any kind of working relationship with Cuba.  America has working relationships with countries all over the world that have nefarious leaders of varying degrees.  America may not be able to be the knight in shining armor for Cubans still in Cuba, but it seems like freezing these countries out of any kind of partnership hurts the people in those countries as well.  

7 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

it seems like freezing these countries out of any kind of partnership hurts the people in those countries as well.  

More to the point: it clearly doesn’t work. 

why advocate for a policy that will never work

do we have a single example of neoconservatives freezing out a country until the country “comes to its senses” and does what we wanted?

these are the same people who think abstinence is how we combat teen/out of wedlock pregnancy. Or the DEA and CBP is how we deal with drugs. 

that whole side of the aisle’s got a long history of advocating for terrible solutions that don’t do anything to fix the problem, and then clinging to them for decades. 

So far I'm pretty happy with Biden/Harris getting out and about all things considering. Trump having to play defense in Florida is huge. One thing no one really knows is how people that have just regained the right to vote in FL will vote or if they will. Same with a place like Iowa, which is a lot closer than I thought it would be. 

Also, for all the worry about law and order, there are no suburbs in which those ****ing white nationalist clowns playing military and beating people up actually help Trump. Nor do the truck rallies. People in big ****ing trucks annoy suburban parents with little kids. 

56 minutes ago, Hersh said:

So Florida is going to come down to the hispanic/latino voters potentially supporting a racist **** that would just assume throw them all out of the country whether they are citizens or not. Noted. 

54 minutes ago, daveakl said:

Those that are here and can vote reeeeeeealy dislike those that come here illegally. Unless they are part of their personal family, then it is ok and justified. 

There are a lot of 1st generation immigrants that reeeeeeeealy like Trump for keeping the riffraff out.

50 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

What's their thoughts of Melanie? And are you saying they (the they you referred to) are ok with the kids in cages?

florida hispanic voters are largely cuban... people that were welcomed here to a much larger extent than people from the rest of latin america, and people that specifically fled from castro-economic policies.... they are hard to compare/lump with hispanic voters from other countries

10 minutes ago, Hersh said:

Also, for all the worry about law and order, there are no suburbs in which those ****ing white nationalist clowns playing military and beating people up actually help Trump. Nor do the truck rallies. People in big ****ing trucks annoy suburban parents with little kids. 

Agree.  Also, I do not understand how "Trump" and "Law and Order" go together at all.  Especially the "Order" part, his administration is the most chaotic in American history by a gigantic margin.  

16 hours ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Agree.  Also, I do not understand how "Trump" and "Law and Order" go together at all.  Especially the "Order" part, his administration is the most chaotic in American history by a gigantic margin.  

Not sure what you don't get. Trump is the gold standard for following the law and being the honest, straight shooter he is means he will hold law breakers accountable. 

100 years from now, history will refer to this era as the dumb **** era of American politics. 

6 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Its just veiled racism. 

No difference between it and Build the Wall.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/elections/2020/09/08/trump-biden-live-updates/?hpid=hp_no-name_election-luf%3Aprime-time%2Fpromo#link-QUKAHJ5JL5HKZE5UT7XCZXIIIU

Trump’s reelection campaign Tuesday outlined seven potential paths to victory and raised expectations for Biden’s performance at the upcoming presidential debates, describing the Democratic nominee as a “formidable” opponent on the debate stage.

“He’s a politician. He gives speeches. He’s really good at doing it,” Trump campaign manager Bill Stepien said of Biden on a call with reporters Tuesday.

He added: “Joe Biden is not formidable anywhere else, but he is formidable on the debate stage. We just hope he shows up.”

Stepien’s remarks stand in contrast to Trump’s attacks on Biden for his occasional verbal stumbles. On Monday, Trump repeatedly claimed that Biden “doesn’t have a clue” and “is a stupid person.”

"Joe Biden is terrible at everything, except for the things that you see him do with your own eyes." 

Maybe Im missing it, but I was so sure that Kelly was going to respond to Trump's attacks today.  I thought he was just waiting for the labor day weekend to be over, so that his response wouldnt be lost in the Friday-before-a-holiday news dump.  I thought Kelly, especially on the heels of the "dead GIs are losers" controversy, knew he was positioned to land a possibly fatal blow to this godforsaken Trump era.  

He is in a position better than anyone, to truly expose the ugliness and ineptitude of this president.  Trump accused of him of giving up, of not having the energy.  Trump is partially right.  Kelly resigned, because he finally was forced to give up on trying to make something palatable out the ****-sandwich that is this presidency.  He came in, with the authority to clean house, which is what he did.  He only gave up when realized that he the real problem was the one thing he did not have the ability or authority to change -- Donald Trump.

I know he has seen some truly awful behavior.  I know he realizes how great a danger Trump is to this nation.  I suspect he has witnessed or knows of borderline traitorous behavior, certainly impeachable behavior.    

And I know his hesitation to speak out now is due to some misconstrued notion of loyalty, some almost childish "dont be a snitch" mentality.  Well John Kelly has to choose now between his loyalties.  Is he loyal to this country, or is he loyal to Donald Trump.  Noone is asking him to do anything truly dishonorable -- there is never dishonor in telling the full truth.  Only criminals and children believe that there is dishonor in "snitching." 

5 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

"Joe Biden is terrible at everything, except for the things that you see him do with your own eyes." 

Hahaha.  Joe Biden is terrible at everything, except for making logical arguments, and pointing out the idiocy of mine.  

I had an idea.  Some former member of this administration (ahem John Kelly) should drop a tell-all book right before the election.  No need to lie, just give the full picture of D. Trump -- which naturally will be horrifying, because Trump is a grotesque person.

And then promise to donate half of the proceeds to charities supporting the families of fallen soldiers.   Boooyah, how like them apples?  

4 minutes ago, @SkinsGoldPants said:

We're reading about the new batch of ads coming out from Biden. We'll see if somebody from Don's side actually pumps in $100M now, or if that's just bull****. I want to see those polls after a few weeks of these ads.

I would like an ad where Biden talks about Trump being a fake tough guy but  Don't expect too much to change in the polls from ads. Biden and Harris need to talk to very specific demographics. 

45 minutes ago, Koala said:

And then promise to donate half of the proceeds to charities supporting the families of fallen soldiers.   Boooyah, how like them apples?  

they’re not going to do it. Kelly doesn’t care. Mattis doesn’t care. These are generals that stood at his side with not a peep of protest while Trump wiped his ass with the constitution, stuffed kids in cages, spread divisive racist rhetoric, bent every impartial institution that was supposed to provide a check on the executive to his will, cozied up to dictators across the world, and openly assaulted our democracy. 

They didn’t care then and they don’t care now just because it’s public knowledge that he is the same ****ty person they knew he was all along behind the scenes. 

i’m done waiting for these people to do the right thing. They’re cowards. They’re weak. They’re in it for themselves and not America. They’re not good people as proven by their inaction, I don’t care what their service records might indicate. When the moment came to defend America, they turn their eyes away and didn’t do what was necessary. **** them 

23 minutes ago, @SkinsGoldPants said:

We're reading about the new batch of ads coming out from Biden. We'll see if somebody from Don's side actually pumps in $100M now, or if that's just bull****. I want to see those polls after a few weeks of these ads.

17 minutes ago, Hersh said:

I would like an ad where Biden talks about Trump being a fake tough guy but  Don't expect too much to change in the polls from ads. Biden and Harris need to talk to very specific demographics. 

The ads are not making any change. The polls (yes they are believable) are showing what could be described as an historic number of people that have already made up their mind. This president is so divisive you are either with him or against him. There is just not much middle ground here. I think the last i say it was like 3% undecided among registered and likely voters. 

I am not sure the debates will make much difference either. We will see. 

Archived