Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Presidential Election: 11/3/20 ---Now the President Elect Joe Biden Thread

88Comrade2000
Message added by TK,

The tea leaves suggest Biden winning 280 EC votes with a 50/50 shot of getting up to 307.  

Right now, I'm not super concerned about what kind of mandate Biden has and what big changes he'll be able to implement.  I'm concerned about getting Trump out of the Oval Office.  Right now, it looks like that is more likely than not.  

8 minutes ago, Forehead said:

Was also discussing with my wife, if Clarence Thomas kicked the bucket in six months, would McConnell sit on the Supreme Court vacancy for 3.5 years?

4kznc9.jpg.bfa2e5af08cd47488581b4161176a6da.jpg

McConnell will have no problem saying this till the end of time

1 minute ago, PleaseBlitz said:

The tea leaves suggest Biden winning 280 EC votes with a 50/50 shot of getting up to 307.  

Right now, I'm not super concerned about what kind of mandate Biden has and what big changes he'll be able to implement.  I'm concerned about getting Trump out of the Oval Office.  Right now, it looks like that is more likely than not.  

I'm not worried about the ballots coming Biden's way anymore, I'm more worried about what is going to happen after he is announced president. Does America really want a long legal battle?

2 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

I recognize I got to a dark place and took you all on a journey last night but Im surprisingly optimistic this morning. 

I’m almost teary eyed thinking that we defeated trump, we actually are going to do it with everything he pulled, all the cheating, the propaganda, the lies, breaking every norm to benefit himself, using the office and power of the presidency and other federal positions to sway the election and we still beat him. I just keep thinking about that fat ****ing idiot “dancing” to YMCA and all his tens of thousands of idiots cheering him on, miles and miles of trucks and boats etc and they are still going to lose. 

we can sort out the particulars later and gear up for our next fight but this is a win for democracy. 

the wicked witch is dead.

48 minutes ago, visionary said:

One thing to keep in mind, Biden was running against an incumbent with [as many saw it] record-setting economy and jobs before Covid.

And a radicalized, highly energized cult of personality.  People follow where their leaders take them and America has followed Trump in a meaningful way.  There're been only four one termers in the last 120 years right?  Incumbency is a massive advantage and it's why we desperately need Biden to win the WH.  We need to start the long process of leading our political society back to sanity and reality and decency and honor and patriotism.

Just now, The Evil Genius said:

Biden victory means a 50-50 Eenate goes Dem. I think a 5050 Senate is likely. 

50/50 would have to be considered a long shot right now.  They need two more after Kelly.  Only possibilities are ranked vote in ME (looks unlikely cause apparently Linn is a psycho and those voters probably had Collins number 2), and the runoffs in GA.  Atlanta suburbs may push down Purdue enough to trigger two runoffs in GA, which may end up being Dem's best shot, especially if SCOTUS strikes down ACA before runoff (unlikely to be that soon) or if Dems can run on "GOP senate won't pass covid relief package".

51 minutes ago, Corcaigh said:

I think it’s a fear of change to what they grew up with.

Globalization and hollowing out the middle-class. Gay marriage and transgender recognition, decline of religion, and to a lesser extent ... marijuana legalization, and the opioid epidemic.

And the GOP has successfully painted the Dems as drivers or at least supporters of this change ... rioters taking over your cities and coming to your suburbs, anti-police, anti-white (BLM), anti-monument/heritage, anti-American (disrespecting flag/troops by kneeling at NFL), scapegoating immigrants of color by highlighting criminal behavior by undocumented immigrants as a much bigger impact than it actually is. 

And seeing Trump as ‘America first’ hoping he will roll back some of the changes such as middle-class jobs going overseas.

Obama was not like them. Neither is Kamala. And not ready for a woman POTUS with Hillary either.

Not saying that every GOP voter is against all of the change. But too much too soon. Upsetting THEIR apple cart.

This is why the Dems need to understand that this isn’t politics anymore. It’s war and they need to start governing that way. Start pulling Fed money from rural areas. If you can’t change their thinking, then thin them out. As I’ve said before, my first cut would be to kill the critical access hospital program. The second would be farm subsidies.

47 minutes ago, ClaytoAli said:

This will continue to be a problem for the left. Trying to combine the LGBTQ, lesbian/pro-choice, immigrant, environmentalist, and african americans.

What is disappointing for them is that most of the movement energy comes at the expense of african Americans and the legacy associated with them.

how did BLM become this?

LGBT_Gay_Trans_Pride_BLM_Fist_Flag.png

If I’m understanding you correctly, I think you’re way off base. Not in your interpretation of black social conservatism, which is absolutely a thing, but in how it needs to be addressed. If some black folks hate immigrants and gays so much that they’re willing to vote for someone who hates them just as much, they’re contemptible and deserve everything they get from a garbage individual like Tя☭mp. Unfortunately, the rest of us would have to live with the same treatment. The answer isn’t in trying to de-couple movements but to root out and get rid of the kind of thinking you describe. Anybody I know, of any race but especially us, that says anything like that to me is automatically dead to me. Done. End of story.

6 minutes ago, redskins59 said:

Are we certain that Biden wins Arizona?  Looking too close at 84% counted.

Not certain certain, but getting close.  The NYTimes is saying Biden is up by 93,500 votes and estimates that there are 28,000 votes remaining.  Yet they haven't "called" it for Biden. 

Archived