Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Presidential Election: 11/3/20 ---Now the President Elect Joe Biden Thread

88Comrade2000
Message added by TK,

7 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Turns out, having Portland super-lefty hijack BLM and spend 3 months chucking milkshakes and doing a little light arson every night doesn’t really drive the working-class Black and/or Latino vote.

Who could’ve guessed?!?*

*everybody, literally everybody

Still not convinced that most of the rioting wasn’t by right wingers. Boogaloos or whatever were the ones who burned the police station in Minneapolis. 

This conversation sounds like Ds and Rs exist in some world where our civic institutions actually function. (or exist)

The only institutions that function in this country are the corporate ones.

We're so far from policy.... government.... these words hardly exist in our everyday lives because Americans are simply immature. We'd rather watch the country burn then do something about it because we're all high or something.

20 minutes ago, Heisenberg said:

Again, I'm not sure how you appeal to a person who willingly would cast a vote for Donald Trump in 2020. I just don't see them as being reachable and Trump/GOP have been able to effectively convince these people that Democrats and anyone associated with them are all about control and taking rights away. 

I think it’s a fear of change to what they grew up with.

Globalization and hollowing out the middle-class. Gay marriage and transgender recognition, decline of religion, and to a lesser extent ... marijuana legalization, and the opioid epidemic.

And the GOP has successfully painted the Dems as drivers or at least supporters of this change ... rioters taking over your cities and coming to your suburbs, anti-police, anti-white (BLM), anti-monument/heritage, anti-American (disrespecting flag/troops by kneeling at NFL), scapegoating immigrants of color by highlighting criminal behavior by undocumented immigrants as a much bigger impact than it actually is. 

And seeing Trump as ‘America first’ hoping he will roll back some of the changes such as middle-class jobs going overseas.

Obama was not like them. Neither is Kamala. And not ready for a woman POTUS with Hillary either.

Not saying that every GOP voter is against all of the change. But too much too soon. Upsetting THEIR apple cart.

27 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Seems like every 4 years the Democrats wonder why the elites get rejected.  

Thing is, it's the Republicans who don't talk to their constiuants or engage in Town Halls (Congress) by and large. They elected Donald Trump and back him for goodness sake. How can they pretend the Democrats are the party of the elite? It's a fiction that makes no sense.

I guess the narrative somehow holds, but it's bull ****.

4 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Turns out, having Portland super-lefty hijack BLM and spend 3 months chucking milkshakes and doing a little light arson every night doesn’t really drive the working-class Black and/or Latino vote.

Who could’ve guessed?!?*

*everybody, literally everybody

This will continue to be a problem for the left. Trying to combine the LGBTQ, lesbian/pro-choice, immigrant, environmentalist, and african americans.

What is disappointing for them is that most of the movement energy comes at the expense of african Americans and the legacy associated with them.

how did BLM become this?

LGBT_Gay_Trans_Pride_BLM_Fist_Flag.png

7 minutes ago, Burgold said:

Thing is, it's the Republicans who don't talk to their constiuants or engage in Town Halls (Congress) by and large. They elected Donald Trump and back him for goodness sake. How can they pretend the Democrats are the party of the elite? It's a fiction that makes no sense.

its the right wing propaganda. It’s simply too powerful and I don’t know how this country moves forward if we can’t agree on concrete facts, truths, and reality. 

and Biden will have no political teeth to do anything about that 

9 minutes ago, Burgold said:

I agree, but their perception is their reality.  

3 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

its the right wing propaganda. It’s simply too powerful and I don’t know how this country moves forward if we can’t agree on concrete facts, truths, and reality. 

and Biden will have no political teeth to do anything about that 

There is no objective truth anymore.

Archived