Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Nazis showing up at places uninvited.

No Excuses

I don't think so.  You don't accidentally drive your car into a crowd without some forethought.  First degree all the way. 

It should be capital murder in Virginia.  He could have killed more than one person, he did injure several, so attempted murder another felony to make it capital murder subject to the death penalty. That would take the wind out of their sails, those Nazi ****s.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Rocky21 said:

For any of you lawyers out there...

Are they overcharging with a first degree murder indictment?

Absolutely not.  The difference b/t first degree murder and second degree is premeditation, in other words, did you coldbloodedly think about what you were going to do in advance, and then go do it.  A really good case can be made that this guy did that.  

• Like 1

Obviously I'd like to see the guy go down for this.  

Not being an attorney, I read on the internet that first degree murder requires that a defendant plan and intentionally carry out the killing, whereas second degree murder requires that the killing either be intentional or reckless, and occur in the spur of the moment.

I don't want this guy to be proven not guilty because the prosecution can't prove it was premeditated / planned. 

The time of premeditation can be very brief. If he's in his car, sitting there and then guns the car into the crowd, that can be enough time, he could have driven the car in another direction. Besides, it was a crowd of people.

If they guy was Muslim we wouldn't be having this particular conversation about degrees of murder. 

They can also charge him with the lesser included offense of second degree.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Rocky21 said:

Obviously I'd like to see the guy go down for this.  

Not being an attorney, I read on the internet that first degree murder requires that a defendant plan and intentionally carry out the killing, whereas second degree murder requires that the killing either be intentional or reckless, and occur in the spur of the moment.

I don't want this guy to be proven not guilty because the prosecution can't prove it was premeditated / planned. 

17 minutes ago, LadySkinsFan said:

They can also charge him with the lesser included offense of second degree.

This. 

I'm not a criminal attorney (I'm in financial services law), but it seems to me that getting in your car, starting it up, driving it to near where the crowd is, getting it in position, and then gunning it towards the crowd until you plow into them is an awful lot of premeditated planning.  

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Springfield said:

This **** needs to be stomped out at a young age with violence and shame.

This is an excellent idea. Violence and shame are proven methods to produce happy, healthy, well-adjusted, integrated members of society. These methods would certainly never cause isolation or vulnerability to recruitment by fringe groups.

• Like 6

3 hours ago, techboy said:

This is an excellent idea. Violence and shame are proven methods to produce happy, healthy, well-adjusted, integrated members of society. These methods would certainly never cause isolation or vulnerability to recruitment by fringe groups.

Shame gets a bad rap. There're a lot of folks out there who would definitely benefit from some.

Edited by Sacks 'n' Stuff
  • Like 1

We need a conscious, concerted effort in this country to call out these assholes, a public national campaign to refute their lies, strip away their anonymity and make it "uncool", much the same way that smoking and drunk driving have been discouraged. I have to agree somewhat w/ techboy here, you cannot defeat monsters by becoming monstrous, but at the same time something sure as hell needs to be done.

• Like 1

Just now, LD0506 said:

We need a conscious, concerted effort in this country to call out these assholes, a public national campaign to refute their lies, strip away their anonymity and make it "uncool", much the same way that smoking and drunk driving have been discouraged. I have to agree somewhat w/ techboy here, you cannot defeat monsters by becoming monstrous, but at the same time something sure as hell needs to be done.

A good starting point is teaching children to think and reason.

I would consider it a failure on my part if one of my kids fell for that crap.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1