Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2017 - 18 Stanley Cup Champion Washington Capitals Thread

ixcuincle

14 minutes ago, Mournblade said:

Bizarre thought of the day: why do they always play that Gary Glitter "Rock and Roll" song at hockey games? That has to be the worst pop song ever written. Sounds likes it's being sung by a bunch of drunks. 

Not to mention his more...unsavory activities.

But I can see it. It's big, loud percussive (easy to clap to), and encourages audience participation (all those people screaming "HEY!" at the same time). 

Not the best jock jam but a jock jam none the less.

On 5/25/2018 at 10:46 PM, c slag said:

Allways thought this city would be a cool place to visit sometime and never had any animosity towards the city or its sports fanbase

With this series now all of that just changed forever 

That one and the other restaurant one were friendly jabs. 

I laughed. 

@mammajamma, we are pre-gaming. Geez. 

Just now, HOF44 said:

Just found out that if there is a game 6 good chance I’ll be there!

I'm rooting for a caps cup first and foremost, of course. But if I had to choose a way (besides a sweep), I want it to be on game 6. At home in front of fans, and I'll be home from the honeymoon to watch with other fans

Just now, mammajamma said:

I'm rooting for a caps cup first and foremost, of course. But if I had to choose a way (besides a sweep), I want it to be on game 6. At home in front of fans, and I'll be home from the honeymoon to watch with other fans

That would be a dream scenario for sure. Other than a sweep of course. 

I was born in '90, and had no one in my life who liked hockey enough to explain it until 2008 when I went to college.

As a result, I have never seen a DC team compete for a championship in any of the big 4 sports.

Learning about hockey in 2008 from some friends in college was a revelation.  It just turned things upside down, the whole concept.  It was incredible.  It really spelled out what I had been missing.  Now, a decade after first becoming a fan, they are the first of the big 4 teams in DC to head to a championship game.

Let's get this pucking thing going!

Archived