Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2017 - 18 Stanley Cup Champion Washington Capitals Thread

ixcuincle

5 hours ago, Mournblade said:

I don't understand what the fear is about Fleury. Wasn't he terrible just a couple of seasons ago? Weren't Pittsburgh fans all over him,

claiming he was a playoff choker and demanding his release? And didn't Matt Murray eventually win his job? 

Sorry I cannot be intimidated by Fleury. He might be on a little bit of a hot streak atm but that is all it is, a streak. OV and Co will bring him

crashing back down to earth.

He's a hot and cold goalie, and apparently right now he's hot.

If you wrote a story of redemption for Caps to overcome all their past horrors, Pens, TB, game 7, Fleury would all be there.

If you wrote the ultimate Charlie Brown/Lucy story, you would have Caps be on the cusp of overcoming all that to lose to an expansion team built by GMGM.

Guys wait till the damn pre-sale starts on Tuesday then I'll see how much they're charging 

Pretty sure I can get them cheaper than the general public. Only issue is they are really strict on re-selling them on third party sites. So I don't know how distribution would work out. 

6 hours ago, VeroViper said:

I'm not a hardcore hockey fan, I just watch the playoffs. So how in the hell did Vegas end up in the final? Meaning how were they allowed to be this good year 1? Is this the NHL's fault, wizardry by the GM, a lot of luck? 

A combination of all of these. They're well coached, play in unison, feed off of each other and Fleury's been the best goalie so far. You can't really hate on a team that became a cohesive unit in only a year to the level that they ran through the playoffs. That's simply something that will never happen again, regardless of the Draft process getting them some good talent

36 minutes ago, ixcuincle said:

Guys wait till the damn pre-sale starts on Tuesday then I'll see how much they're charging 

Pretty sure I can get them cheaper than the general public. Only issue is they are really strict on re-selling them on third party sites. So I don't know how distribution would work out. 

I tried to pm you but couldn’t. I’m looking for tickets :) 

7 minutes ago, ixcuincle said:

Yeah, two tickets and I'm thinking of giving them to old friends from college. If that falls through I will let you know. This is a moment that you can't miss if you're a Caps fan. 

Ugh...I don't think I can miss it, but damn, it's going to be expensive. I was actually considering buying a season ticket package to get access, but I don't think that is realistic living in Charlotte. 

My buddy has a friend who has gotten us a really nice suite with high end catered food and high end alcohol.  We went to 2 Wizards playoff games and the total price for the suite was like $2500 or so with tip.

He said the suite for Caps games always goes for more.  For the ECF round the games went for $8k - $10k each.

We're asking his buddy how much games are going to be for the finals and he replied $20k.  I'm not sure if my buddy is kidding or not though.

1 hour ago, ixcuincle said:

So...sell them direct. To me. :)

Got wife approval to drop the $900 on a game 4 ticket. Now I’m having second thoughts... wondering whether ticket prices might go down a bit or just up from here.

I also would really rather wait til at least after game 2. Last thing I’d want is to drop $900 now, Caps go down 3-0 in the series, and I’ve spent a buttload of money to attend a funeral. 

Prices will go down because half of the market hasn’t been supplied yet. Trust me Tuesday night or Wednesday prices will be lower. We haven’t had this in 20 years, the seats you see now are season ticket holders and ticket brokers taking advantage of folks that don’t know the ticket market.

once our inventory is out prices will drop because there is much more supply

Archived