Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2017 - 18 Stanley Cup Champion Washington Capitals Thread

ixcuincle

6 minutes ago, Bonez3 said:

They lost a challenge which made it 5-3 again... I just don't understand why you would be penalized a player for losing a challenge. That's news to me. The whole finish was a BS homer scenario in favor of Nashville

New rule that I didn't know about. If you lose an off-sides challenge, you get a penalty. I think it's a good rule actually. Too many super close ones that really had nothing to do with the goal being scored. 

8 hours ago, Hersh said:

New rule that I didn't know about. If you lose an off-sides challenge, you get a penalty. I think it's a good rule actually. Too many super close ones that really had nothing to do with the goal being scored. 

Should be a deterrent from using stupid challenges and messing up the flow of the game.

20 hours ago, RonArtest15 said:

Trotz's stubbornness is going to be his downfall.  No logical reason to put Chorney/Ness out there as the third pairing when Bowey/Djoos are waiting in the wings.  The latter couldn't possibly look any worse.  Trotz better start trusting his younger players/rookies, or else he's going to be unemployed.  Which I think will be the most likely scenario before Thanksgiving - unless something drastic happens. 

Yep, totally agree.. Looks like Djoos will get a shot tonight, in for Chorney.. Might have to pay close attention to see him on the ice, but he's in the lineup anyway!

Yikees.. These guys better adapt to these new rules.. Way too sloppy on D to be in the box 5 or 6 times a game. Liked the Ovi goal, since it had a little grit to it.. Seemed like if it wasn't "pretty", they really didn't want anything to do with it before that. I heard the announcers say a few times they need to simple it up and I agree. (Even if it was Pillsbury talking) Anyway, Pens still have their number. What else is new.

2 hours ago, SkinsFanRob said:

Look at Djoos joining the rush and getting the apple. Come on boys lets get another. 

I was reading Trotz's comments about him from after the game and how it's progress but he needs to get stronger. Didn't realize but he is 6 feet and 164 lbs.That is skinny. 

6 hours ago, Hersh said:

I was reading Trotz's comments about him from after the game and how it's progress but he needs to get stronger. Didn't realize but he is 6 feet and 164 lbs.That is skinny. 

I feel like all the young guys are tall and skinny, like they never took weight training seriously.

One player who stands out to me early in the season is Burakovsky.  He looks faster, stronger and more confident.

2 hours ago, Springfield said:

I feel like all the young guys are tall and skinny, like they never took weight training seriously.

One player who stands out to me early in the season is Burakovsky.  He looks faster, stronger and more confident.

True, but this kid is already 23 so he has certainly already been on weight gain/training programs for at least the last 5 years. 

While Niskanen has looked like hot garbage imo, so far this year, a hand/wrist injury would be hard to swallow for this D.. Hope he's ok.. If he's not I guess Bowey gets a turn? Anywho, solid W from the boys against a hot Jersey team in their barn! Top 6 have been lighting it up. As long as they don't go cold I guess were good.

On 10/13/2017 at 2:06 AM, BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93 said:

I'm honestly struggling to even care about this team. They've literally beaten it out of me. 

The thought of watching 78 more games is repulsive. 

I don't like this feeling

I enjoy watching hockey, for what it is, more than any other sport.  I could really watch any teams just play and be content.  I can’t say that about football, especially with how much the action stops throughout.

I just enjoy the sport.

Archived