Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2017 - 18 Stanley Cup Champion Washington Capitals Thread

ixcuincle

Hard to win with players playing dumb. Orlov not getting the puck deep, Stupid penalties by the same guys, Center ice toe drag attempts, Icing when your trying to get your goalie off.. Just a lot of dumb there in the 3rd.. Too much to overcome unfortunately.. Bummed for Gruby, played his ass off.

I went back and forth between the WS and the hockey game so I didn't see it all, but I really like how MadBow and Djoos are starting to play. Saw them even play together on a shift and looked pretty good. On the downside, if neither the first or second lines scores, this team is really going to struggle. Just no depth scoring yet. 

Well, Connelly is out due to concussion and Burky is out with a thumb, so that’s quite a bit of scoring out. Plus Nisky. 

Last night should serve the purpose of permanently sitting Chorney for Ness. Amazing what a little speed will cover for. Ness was light years better than Chorney and didnt make any glaring mistakes (like not picking up McDavid walking in from the blue line). Get these guys some experience and maybe Carlson moves at the deadline for another scoring winger.

57 minutes ago, Mournblade said:

Trade Ov or Backstrom, get a head start on the rebuild!

No thanks. They can reload easy enough without trading assets. 

2 minutes ago, ixcuincle said:

I think too many people are very angry about the poor start. It is growing pains for a team with a lot of turnover. If you honestly think this team is missing the playoffs you ain't been watching hockey. 

I don't think it's the slow start, I think it's about the construction of this team and the fact that the minor league teams are mostly devoid of talent being on deck. 

9 hours ago, ixcuincle said:

Because A) they were raided by Caps and B. Most of the HErshey goalies are hurt 

I was wondering about the goalies, but a few guys making it to the Caps shouldn't make the cupboard empty. Exhibit A: the Pens raid their AHL team and yet their AHL team is young and still good.  

O'Brien called up for Peluso. I like Liam, hope his gritty play lets him stick for a bit! Peluso should/could of done the same, but didn't. If Tortz felt like it, he could put a group on the ice that could punish opponents physically. But that wouldn't be very Caps like, grinding out 1-0, 2-1 games.. (which we'd probably still come out on the short end of)  Is what it is I guess.. Hope they can get on some kind of a roll here and not let the season slip away..

Was at the game with my brother tonight.  They brought him in to take part in a shooting contest during the second intermission.  One of the guys running it recognized him (my family is pretty well-known in the local hockey scene) and made him shoot on his weak-hand as a handicap to give the other contestant a chance.  Won the T.J. Oshie signed stick anyways.

8 hours ago, PokerPacker said:

Was at the game with my brother tonight.  They brought him in to take part in a shooting contest during the second intermission.  One of the guys running it recognized him (my family is pretty well-known in the local hockey scene) and made him shoot on his weak-hand as a handicap to give the other contestant a chance.  Won the T.J. Oshie signed stick anyways.

Yes I saw you all from my high seats during the Dunkin Donuts intermission contest 

Nice

Archived