Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2017 - 18 Stanley Cup Champion Washington Capitals Thread

ixcuincle

Just now, ixcuincle said:

Oh come on, I'm at nearly every game 

This team is still adapting they'll be fine. 

You watching road games? Sometimes bad play is more noticeable watching in tv cause of replays. 

It's not that I think the Caps won't make the playoffs at this point nor is anyone freaking out. However they are getting blown out too often and the defense is seriously terrible. Hanging goalies out to dry way too often as they struggle with fast teams. No quick or easy fixes.

Maybe this will be the year they get hot in the last couple months and make a run as opposed to playing great in the first half and coasting to the playoffs 

18 minutes ago, pjfootballer said:

I see Senor Softy is back this year. I know the defense sucks, but Holthy let it a softy there.

Cue one up for Houdini.  Orlov.

Why did you consider that a soft goal? It was a PP and they got the puck to the front of the net.

Good win for sure last night. Caps just missed a few that would have made it a blow out and Backstrom was snake bit last night on some golden chances to score. Was good to see 2 and 9 as a pair last night. Really would like to see 25 moved down to the 4th line and move Vrana or Wilson up. 

Orpik gets lost and give Johnny Hockey a free walk from center ice for a goal. Then next shift loses his guy in the corner and gives up a bunny that Holtby robs. 

He has to be off the ice. 4 & 44 are anchors for EVERYBODY on the ice. Bowey and Djoos are better options right now. Need another dman. Need to bring someone up/in. 

Orpik should not be on the ice, period. 

forward-defense-together.png

And Vrana should NEVER be a healthy scratch.  Him and Burakovsky are the bright spots possession-wise. 44 and 4 are disasters, and they drag the numbers down for their partners.  Djoos, Orlov, and Niskanen are quality on the back-end, while Carlson is undercut by Orpik.  Bowey's numbers are dragged down by primarily being paired with either Orpik or Chorney.

Well, I agree with you ^^ , but they aren't sitting Orpik with that salary.  Only thing we can hope for is:

1. He gets injured and is out for the year.  But no one wishes injury.

2. We slog through this year and dump his salary after this season.

I also want to add, some were down on the Smith-Pelly signing.  He's been a gritty guy that has essentially replaced Winnik and I think he's been better.  Only thing is, I'd like to see him go down to the 3rd or 4th line with Eller or Beagle.  He's be awesome on either of those lines.

Archived