Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2017 - 18 Stanley Cup Champion Washington Capitals Thread

ixcuincle

21 minutes ago, Popeman38 said:

Bowey checked Wilson on the halfwall and knocked him off balance. Wilson moved both hands to the butt end and chopped down on Boweys wrist/hand from over his head. Got a 5 min major, but there were only 4.6 seconds left. One of the worst slashes of the season by far and deserving of at least 2 games. 

Just watched it. That was brutal and should be a suspension 

Grubby is looking sharp. Nice when they play defense in front of him. 

I was at the game and didn’t see what happened to Oshie since it was kinda behind the play.  They didn’t show a replay either.  Makes sense now why Wilson fought Thornton.

It’s time for ol’ graybeard to hang em up.  He adds nothing to the game.

Another note:  For as slow as you guys complain that Orpik is (and rightfully so), Joel Ward is SO much slower.  Glad he’s gone at this point.

Nice win! Finally beat those ****ers at home! Glad they took advantage of some prime scoring chances, cause imo there were getting out played through about 35 minutes. Gruby was on point then the 3rd period long power play made it look easier that it was.. Keep diggin! They certainly look more composed that earlier in the year. Just need to figure out clearing the D zone and start punching Kuz every (other) time he over passes. lol If there's anyone in the play with him, forget it, he's passing it. lol

Oh, hope Oshie is ok. That was bad hip/ass to the head. And for SloJoe Ward? Give me that guy on our 3rd line all day, every day!! :headbang:

5 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Ovechkin looked great on the ice but I think Kuznetsov is the best player on the team.  Vrana is starting to come together as well.

Are you excluding Holtby in thinking Kuzy is the best player on the team?

9 hours ago, GoDeep81 said:

Just need to figure out clearing the D zone and start punching Kuz every (other) time he over passes. lol If there's anyone in the play with him, forget it, he's passing it. lol.

For sure with Kuzy. Up 4-1 and had a 2 on 1, he skated up the middle and passed. Had an open net. Laughlin commented that he won’t ever shoot in that situation, but he needs to, especially in the playoffs where goals are at a premium. Shoot the damn puck Kuzy! 

11 minutes ago, RonArtest15 said:

It's all starting to click for Tom Wilson...

Yeah, I was coming here to post this.  Few seasons after and he’s really starting to realize his potential.  We need his youth, couldn’t have come at a better time for this team.  He’s playing great with Backstrom and Ovechkin.

Many Caps fans (and NHL fans for that matter) were too quick to label Wilson one-dimensional and just a bruiser physical force. They threw him in the fire quickly when he could have seasoned pro hockey stick skills at a diff pace but we needed his athleticism. From what I recall, he was a pretty good offensive player before the NHL.

If we ever win a Cup, Tom Wilson will be a major reason why. His goal tonight tells you what kind of glue type junk he provides that holds a winning team together. Not to mention that beauty last year in the playoff against TOR

Also, Ovechkin is playing magnificent. It's beautiful, love when he plays like this on national television.

Archived