Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2017 - 18 Stanley Cup Champion Washington Capitals Thread

ixcuincle

Wilson!! 4 points and showing he's not out of place at all on the top line! Loved seeing him wrecking multiple hawks after that cheap knee on Ovie. Glad Holts didn't have a shutout going when we gave up the shorty. Was a unfortunate bounce, but we weren't trying to setup the PP anyway, just playing keep away at that point. Only thing bad about this one (scoring 6) is we're probably due a <2 goal game now.

Just caught up and finished the game. Can we just never speak of breaking up 19 and 8 ever again?

Also, am I the only one who thinks Tom Wilson's voice doesn't match what one might think it should be given how he plays the game?

Top line was awesome. Caps/stupid NHL age rule definitely stunted Wilson's growth by forcing him to the 4th line and the Caps making him the enforcer at a young age. 

Holtby was just doing his thing again. Speaking of great goaltending, in my game tonight there was a nearly point blank shot on me in which one guy on the other team start celebrating on the shot with a "yes" and another guy put his arms up, only to find out that the puck ended up in my glove. One of the best feelings as a goalie. :) 

Oats definitely rushed Wilson into the league before he was ready.. The NHL better hope he doesn't find a consistent rhythm with passing and scoring in that top 6. He already plays 200 feet, kills penalties and he'll kick your ass.. If he figures out how to consistently get "points" too? Damn.

12 minutes ago, Springfield said:

2-1 Washington 

Clean that dish off!

I told hubby to just get the blower out (don't climb the ladder), and blast it to see if that would work. 

Woosie wouldn't do it.  His is working, mine isn't.  Was the other way around about an hour ago  :chair:

4 minutes ago, GoDeep81 said:

Great 1st, then thought someone had handed out quaaludes at the 1st intermission, glad they kept it together and finished strong! How bout Wilson, again!?!?! Not sure there's been a better top line in the league, here of late? They've been on fire!

Holtby has been great bailing them out of the lapses. 

Archived