Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2017 - 18 Stanley Cup Champion Washington Capitals Thread

ixcuincle

Well that was a terrible stretch. 2nd goal was on Holtby, 3rd goal on MadBow. I don't understand the defensive thought process of having the D press up to the redline to chase guys off a face off. This has to be coaching cause we see this with Orpik and others as well. 

Kings taking the young Capital defensemen to school. The reaction of Trotz is so predictable when it comes to them. Immediately sit them on the bench rather than let them get better on the ice. 

1 hour ago, Popeman38 said:

Orpik standing still on the red line while a forward streaks down his wing behind him. And the cluster that ensues deflects the puck in over Holtby’s shoulder. A disaster

This is what happened on the 3rd goal too. MadBow and Orpik were both right up at the red line 2 seconds after the faceoff and the Kings were off and running. 

14 hours ago, RonArtest15 said:

I have my issues w/ Trotz, but I don't have a problem with the Walker demotion.  He's not that good. 

Honestly, Graovac isn't either.. It's not Nathan Walker, it's just a pattern I don't like. Young guy, versatile, doesn't develop in Hershey but they think he's got something to offer and gets moved up, Trotz doesn't play him.. Organization acts like developing anything but top liners isn't necessary or something. If they do hit on something they become trade bait. Or get unprotected.. I liked the kids motor, speed, aggression.. Don't think it'll be any kind of difference maker at the moment, but don't see Graovac doing anything that would of kept him off the ice. Then at least they could of been sure he wouldn't turn into anything.

Caps really playing much better than last game. Wilson should always be on the second unit of the PP. He’s a lot better this season. 

Loved seeing the Caps hit back after Oshie went out. Hopefully he isn’t out more than a couple weeks. 

San Jose can eat a bag of dicks. Dumbo Joe and Dillon should have earned multi-game suspensions. Dumbo Joe looked at Oshie the entire time and aimed his hit. And Dillon swung the stick like an axe. Don’t be surprised if Bowey broke something. 

One of the dirtiest games games I have seen a team play in a LONG time. 

14 minutes ago, Popeman38 said:

San Jose can eat a bag of dicks. Dumbo Joe and Dillon should have earned multi-game suspensions. Dumbo Joe looked at Oshie the entire time and aimed his hit. And Dillon swung the stick like an axe. Don’t be surprised if Bowey broke something. 

One of the dirtiest games games I have seen a team play in a LONG time. 

I missed some of the game. What happened to Bowey?

Bowey checked Dillon on the halfwall and knocked him off balance. Wilson moved both hands to the butt end and chopped down on Boweys wrist/hand from over his head. Got a 5 min major, but there were only 4.6 seconds left. One of the worst slashes of the season by far and deserving of at least 2 games. 

Edit: adding gif via Twitter. 

https://twitter.com/beccah_jr/status/937879782104150016

Archived