Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2017 - 18 Stanley Cup Champion Washington Capitals Thread

ixcuincle

Im not 100% either, but I think he's on a 1 way contract, so every time he gets sent from the big club (ie Caps/Oilers) back to the minors, he has to clear waivers. 2 way contracts they can do it a number of times w/o waivers IIRC.? I "think" they grabbed him when we tried to send him back to Hershey and we returned the favor when they tried to send him down to their farm club..

Glad to see we got Walker back.

I need advice from yall though.  The Caps have literally not lost a game I've watched this season except for the preseason.  Should I save it for the playoffs or should I just keep watching?

And no, it's not like 5 games, either.  It's like 15-20. lol

Even the last two games looked rough and I was joking with my wife that they'd pull it out and last night especially I waived my hand at the tv and it worked.

1 hour ago, DC9 said:

Glad to see we got Walker back.

I need advice from yall though.  The Caps have literally not lost a game I've watched this season except for the preseason.  Should I save it for the playoffs or should I just keep watching?

And no, it's not like 5 games, either.  It's like 15-20. lol

Even the last two games looked rough and I was joking with my wife that they'd pull it out and last night especially I waived my hand at the tv and it worked.

Dude, way to throw the jinx on the streak. Now they are going to lose the next 3 times you watch and we are going to yell at you. :rofl89:

7 hours ago, Hersh said:

Dude, way to throw the jinx on the streak. Now they are going to lose the next 3 times you watch and we are going to yell at you. :rofl89:

Bro, I've been telling everyone who will listen.

I've been like "they looked like **** in the preseason, but I haven't seen them lose in the regular season," all year so far.

But the whole hocus pocus stuff from the other night was just me being funny.

20 hours ago, GoDeep81 said:

Im not 100% either, but I think he's on a 1 way contract, so every time he gets sent from the big club (ie Caps/Oilers) back to the minors, he has to clear waivers. 2 way contracts they can do it a number of times w/o waivers IIRC.? I "think" they grabbed him when we tried to send him back to Hershey and we returned the favor when they tried to send him down to their farm club..

1-way/2-way means nothing for waivers.  All it means is they get paid differently whether they're in the NHL or the AHL.

Wow.  That video was brutal...and didn't even include the 2017 playoffs.  I had successully  repressed some of those memories.   Its pretty un****ingbelievable when you try to take it all in.   Whats really sad is that the caps are some people's

relief from the redskins miseries.  Talk about jumping out of the frying pan into the fire.

I don't really follow hockey that closely (don't have TV anymore) but I pull for the Caps like I pull for any other D.C. area based team and I want them to succeed. I didn't know, though, that their playoff streak of futility went back so far and it has been the same teams over and over again. My God - how can you keep getting wrecked by the same teams over and over again for 30 years?!

15 hours ago, PokerPacker said:

1-way/2-way means nothing for waivers.  All it means is they get paid differently whether they're in the NHL or the AHL.

Damn, someone could of took me for a large sum if betting on that! I though 1-2 way contracts had everything to do with waivers and nothing to do with $. (and no, I've never played EA Sports NHL) :rofl89: Looks like signing age and games played/days in the NHL is what determines waiver eligibility.. Thanks for the heads up!

I, myself, am always the sucker. For all of the DC teams, except the Nats. 

But thanks, Mournblade, for keeping it real. I am sure folks that have been following the team for decades were unaware of the awfulness. You are doing a great service here. The tailgate is never lacking for douchebags, but it is comforting to know you are here to fill in if the need should arise.

Coyotes just wanted it more down the stretch. Weren't really doing anything dangerous, but winning all the battles, draws, zone time.. Bound to get scored on when you can't clear the zone. Same in OT.. Pretty much dominated us. 1 point is probably more then they deserved.

2 minutes ago, GoDeep81 said:

Coyotes just wanted it more down the stretch. Weren't really doing anything dangerous, but winning all the battles, draws, zone time.. Bound to get scored on when you can't clear the zone. Same in OT.. Pretty much dominated us. 1 point is probably more then they deserved.

Could only watch highlights online and to your point, Eller needs to win the battle and clear the puck behind Grubby. Not sure if his stick was lifted a little, but he whiffed big time on it. 

11 hours ago, Hersh said:

Could only watch highlights online and to your point, Eller needs to win the battle and clear the puck behind Grubby. Not sure if his stick was lifted a little, but he whiffed big time on it. 

Yep! Joe or Locker one tried to blame it on a broken line being on the ice.. I noticed he was out with Wilson (and someone else) but they all practice the same system, so that sounded kinda copout-ish to me.. Eller just lost a battle and it cost us a point. They lost a lot of battles down the stretch and in OT, unfortunately.

Also, not to fault Grubs really, but have to believe Holtby would of put the brakes on at least 1 of those 3 GA's.

4 hours ago, GoDeep81 said:

Yep! Joe or Locker one tried to blame it on a broken line being on the ice.. I noticed he was out with Wilson (and someone else) but they all practice the same system, so that sounded kinda copout-ish to me.. Eller just lost a battle and it cost us a point. They lost a lot of battles down the stretch and in OT, unfortunately.

Also, not to fault Grubs really, but have to believe Holtby would of put the brakes on at least 1 of those 3 GA's.

Those were three legit goals. A PP sniped to the top corner, a tipped goal, and a sweet move in front of the net during 3 on 3. I think that’s a bit unfair to Grubby. 

Archived