Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2017 - 18 Stanley Cup Champion Washington Capitals Thread

ixcuincle

23 hours ago, Popeman38 said:

Chorney is USELESS. John Carson has no business in the All Star game or the Norris discussion. Bowey has turned BAD.

And we miss Niskanen. Him being out slots guys into roles they aren’t ready for. Bowey is a serviceable 3rd pairing defenseman. He is not top 4. Chorney is not worthy of a sweater. I would rather dress 5 than give him a sweater. 

Curious as to what a trade involving Burakovsky and Bowey would return.....

Bowey is terrible.  Especially for such a highly-touted prospect.  Djoos is the real deal. 

3 minutes ago, RonArtest15 said:

Curious as to what a trade involving Burakovsky and Bowey would return.....

Bowey is terrible.  Especially for such a highly-touted prospect.  Djoos is the real deal. 

Maybe they could get back a veteran second line guy from a team rebuilding, but Caps will have Cap problems next season if they need to add multiple pieces. Bowey wouldn't need to play much in the playoffs. 

I don't think he's that good yet, but why do you say he's terrible? No potential to get better? Personally, I wouldn't trade either at this point. 

Just now, Hersh said:

Maybe they could get back a veteran second line guy from a team rebuilding, but Caps will have Cap problems next season if they need to add multiple pieces. Bowey wouldn't need to play much in the playoffs. 

I don't think he's that good yet, but why do you say he's terrible? No potential to get better? Personally, I wouldn't trade either at this point. 

He's been terrible this year.  If you would have asked me between him and Djoos who would look better this season, I would have gone w/ Bowey based off of the hype and projections.  He's skittish with the puck and routinely makes boneheaded decisions out there.  The team is handcuffed because due to the cap there are no other options that can fill that 6D void.  Chorney ain't it and if he was, he'd be getting a sweater on a regular basis. 

All in all, Bowey better make a HUGE leap in his development going forward.  The '18 Training camp will be telling as he'll be battling for a roster spot with guys like Sigenthaler, Johansen, and Hobbs breathing down his neck.  Djoos has all be cemented his spot on the team going forward (barring some unforeseen regression.)

I think what separates Djoos from Bowey is that Djoos plays with confidence and swagger. Djoos still has a ways to go but you can just see when he carries the puck that he plays like he belongs.

Bowey should be throwing his size around, playing physical and keep it simple when he has the puck. Needs to get his mind right.

Bowey has been BAD this year, so far.  But keep in mind that Orlov was BAD when he first got called up.  Bowey is a green 22 in hist first NHL stint.  He hasn't been good, but he hasn't been a dumpster fire either.  And he has been HORRIBLE when paired with Orpik, but that holds true for literally everyone who skates with him. 

Chorney is literally the worst defenseman in the league. A black hole. An albatross.

DSP has been a great pickup for us so far, he’s been great on the Ovi Backstrom line. It’ll be a good game against the Blues today, 3 PM games are great. With some playoff football on also it’ll be a good Sunday on the couch. Has anyone thought Kuznetsov and Oshie have been relatively quiet? 

10 minutes ago, Sticksboi05 said:

Big two points with the Islanders and Devils playing an OT game.

This team is actually more fun to watch than last year because nothing is given and everything is earned. No assumptions of a 115+ point season.

Cardiac Caps sure were a fun era, too.

Was fearing that tying goal after we got the lead back, we just didn't have much pep.. Also glad Nicky was in alone! lol Don't know what Trotz needs to do to get he and Kuz to shoot more, but it would keep me up at night figuring out a way. Another nice 2 points! 

Archived