Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2017 - 18 Stanley Cup Champion Washington Capitals Thread

ixcuincle

1 hour ago, skinsmarydu said:

The game is blacked out here in ATL for some reason...:taz:

I told DirecTV to **** off last week (and it turned off this morning around 5am) so Im in the same boat. Can't even see the Wiz/Orlando game tonight. Well, I can, but it'll be a TOS violation on my internet.. :ols:

3 hours ago, Hersh said:

Those were three legit goals. A PP sniped to the top corner, a tipped goal, and a sweet move in front of the net during 3 on 3. I think that’s a bit unfair to Grubby. 

Oh, Im not down on Grubs at all! He's the main reason they got a point, imo. He made a great save on a breakaway in the 3rd.. I just believe Holtby, with his superior rebound control and positioning may of stopped one of those 3.

9 minutes ago, GoDeep81 said:

I told DirecTV to **** off last week (and it turned off this morning around 5am) so Im in the same boat. Can't even see the Wiz/Orlando game tonight. Well, I can, but it'll be a TOS violation on my internet.. :ols:

If there were "phone violence", I would definitely be doin' time for the abuse Dish got when they turned off my RedZone.  Long story short, I got it back with a rebate and a lower bill.  I was screaming from the time he picked up and announced himself...and I'm sure it was the last complaint he expected from a 50-something female.  :ols:

Well, Vegas last played on Tuesday and the Caps were on the 2nd half of a back to back of a western road swing. 

The NHL gave Vegas the best expansion draft in the history of expansion teams. Players like James Neal were NEVER exposed in previous drafts. Hell, Vegas has a better roster than half the Western Conference. 

Not Caps related but I blocked a shot over two weeks ago and my foot that took the shot is still jacked.  It’s the inside bone on my left foot.  Bruising is gone but the area is still tender and swolen.  Hurts to walk.  Haven’t been able to go jogging since then.  Finally broke down to make an appointment with a doctor to make sure I’m not doing more damage by ignoring it.  I’ve played two games on it since then and I’m definitely not even 75%.

Im thinking it isn’t broken, since I can walk.  Possibly a bone bruise.  Probably taking longer to heal since I’m not in my 20’s any more (I’m 35 now).  I’ll find out for sure on Tuesday.

50 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Not Caps related but I blocked a shot over two weeks ago and my foot that took the shot is still jacked.  It’s the inside bone on my left foot.  Bruising is gone but the area is still tender and swolen.  Hurts to walk.  Haven’t been able to go jogging since then.  Finally broke down to make an appointment with a doctor to make sure I’m not doing more damage by ignoring it.  I’ve played two games on it since then and I’m definitely not even 75%.

Im thinking it isn’t broken, since I can walk.  Possibly a bone bruise.  Probably taking longer to heal since I’m not in my 20’s any more (I’m 35 now).  I’ll find out for sure on Tuesday.

That’s rough. Hopefully not broke but it doesn’t sound good. Happened to a forward on my team a few weeks ago. His toe was broken in a few places. 

1 minute ago, Springfield said:

I figure that if it was broken then I wouldn’t be able to walk.  So I’m hopeful.

Hopefully you are right. As a goalie, I want you to know that we don't mind if you don't block shots anymore...unless it's a wide open net. :rofl89:

On 12/24/2017 at 8:23 PM, Springfield said:

Not Caps related but I blocked a shot over two weeks ago and my foot that took the shot is still jacked.  It’s the inside bone on my left foot.  Bruising is gone but the area is still tender and swollen.  Hurts to walk.  Haven’t been able to go jogging since then.  Finally broke down to make an appointment with a doctor to make sure I’m not doing more damage by ignoring it.  I’ve played two games on it since then and I’m definitely not even 75%.

I tried to pull a deke a bit over a month ago and wound up on my tail bone.  Still feeling the effects of the probable bone bruise (not bad for normal sitting; that cleared up after about a week, but lean back enough to put more direct pressure on the tail bone and I can feel it).

Even late 20s and I feel the whole "don't heal as fast as I used to" thing.  Gets me thinking existential thoughts and about how much of my life I've wasted...

On 12/25/2017 at 1:41 AM, PokerPacker said:

I tried to pull a deke a bit over a month ago and wound up on my tail bone over a month ago.  Still feeling the effects of the probable bone bruise (not bad for normal sitting; that cleared up after about a week, but lean back enough to put more direct pressure on the tail bone and I can feel it).

Even late 20s and I feel the whole "don't heal as fast as I used to" thing.  Gets me thinking existential thoughts and about how much of my life I've wasted...

Wait a decade!  I turned 40 over the summer, and there was definitely a switch that was flipped (not that day, but over the summer).  Just normal recovery takes longer.  Hell, walking in NYC last week had me sore when I got home.  The thought of playing a competitive rec league game (not hockey, just anything) scares me...

8 minutes ago, Popeman38 said:

Wait a decade!  I turned 40 over the summer, and there was definitely a switch that was flipped (not that day, but over the summer).  Just normal recovery takes longer.  Hell, walking in NYC last week had me sore when I got home.  The thought of playing a competitive rec league game (not hockey, just anything) scares me...

If you haven't started or embraced a mid-life crisis, you really should. It's pretty awesome. The recovering and all that stuff will get less annoying. I say this as a recently turned 41 year old. (I don't even like typing my age)

Got checked out this morning, not a broken bone.  The Tabailis tendon, which runs from the big toe bone up the inner calf is what was injured.  Gave me a brace to wear when I sleep, a fancy ankle brace, orthotics for my shoes and a prescription to some heavy duty NSAIDs.  Told me to come back in two weeks if it still wasn’t right.

The good news, no problem playing hockey twice a week because the foot is locked into place.  Looks like I’m good to for for Thursday!

4 hours ago, Springfield said:

Got checked out this morning, not a broken bone.  The Tabailis tendon, which runs from the big toe bone up the inner calf is what was injured.  Gave me a brace to wear when I sleep, a fancy ankle brace, orthotics for my shoes and a prescription to some heavy duty NSAIDs.  Told me to come back in two weeks if it still wasn’t right.

The good news, no problem playing hockey twice a week because the foot is locked into place.  Looks like I’m good to for for Thursday!

Great news. Had a scrimmage this evening for 90 minutes and I'm wiped. I always hate the thought of missing time. 

5 hours ago, maxspruill21 said:

Yo I’m going to be at the Devils game Saturday night, I’m 2-0 at Capitals games so yeah we’re going to win. 

Well, now they better ;)

Archived