Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2017 - 18 Stanley Cup Champion Washington Capitals Thread

ixcuincle

15 minutes ago, Popeman38 said:

Djoos leaking oil. 

Tough sob! Cut and just got up and skated off. Meanwhile his mates look like a machine! Turnover machine.. :unsure:

Have we had a PP tonight? Last time I heard, we were like 1 PPG in the last 9 games or something. Probably too late to expect one now though, unless they delay the game or something the refs can't ignore.

Carlson misses the wide open wrap around. 

Missed a lot of the 2nd and 3rd periods. Saw some over passing by the Caps. 

Caps definitely had some great chances they showed in the highlights. Losing at their place is no big deal. Got a point. 

10 hours ago, Popeman38 said:

Kuzy gets benched because he played a **** game. I’m cool with that. Ovie has his legs moving and tried tonight. I got no problem with Trotz throwing him out there right there. Got a point on the road, Grubi gets credit for a shut out. 

I read (maybe speculation) that Trotz benched Kuz because he was sucking so bad. Didn't notice why he would of bumped Nicky though. Just seems like a harsh time to toy with a possible win for the #1 guy on the ice (Gruby) who was playing his ass off and the team in a skid..

25 minutes ago, GoDeep81 said:

I read (maybe speculation) that Trotz benched Kuz because he was sucking so bad. Didn't notice why he would of bumped Nicky though. Just seems like a harsh time to toy with a possible win for the #1 guy on the ice (Gruby) who was playing his ass off and the team in a skid..

Nicky is always #3 in the SO.  Usually 77-92-19 for the first 3.  I think I would have thrown 13 out since he has been so hot, or even 65.  Both of them have more creativity on a breakaway than Ovie.  But hey, stealing a point on the road against the Rags is a good result.  They are like 13-2 in their last 15 games at home.

Yep, Burt too.. Nick, Burt, Vrana all a better shootout choice than 8.. Whenever he has time to think he usually messes it up. As soon as I saw him take that wide arc into the zone I said ****. lol But definitely nice to steal a road point! Would of been nicer to steal 2! :D

I think in theory Trotz system is sound, but the team doesn't listen to what he says. No doubt they'll break out of this goal drought, not doing what he asks, then be back to overpassing and turning the puck over after a few games. Similar stuff that's haunted them since 08-09'.. 

.. and don't get me wrong. I know they can/will turn up the shot total, but they'll mainly be from the points, no traffic or bad angle stuff.. Get out of position, odd man rush, rely on Holts/Grubs to be the best player on the ice.. Movie of the week rerun type stuff.. Good thing is with the quality goaltending they have, it normally works out in their favor, until... :o lol 

57 minutes ago, Springfield said:

I just tuned in.  Tf is Smith Pelly doing on the same line as Ovechkin and Backstrom???

I have missed most of of the game and literally just came in to post the exact same thing. I thought maybe we’d see 77 and 43 switch but not have 25 on the top line. We already know it doesn’t work. Guy is a bottom 6 player if not 4th line.

Damn, Holtby wants that back by that is all on Oshie. Terrible turnover. 

Archived