Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2017 - 18 Stanley Cup Champion Washington Capitals Thread

ixcuincle

11 hours ago, Springfield said:

So what can we get for Trotz?

Probably another 2nd round exit. lol  It's really too bad they couldn't get Hunter to come back for a 2nd/3rd/4th year. As boring as it was, with the old rules where they didn't call interference so much and with Holtby hitting his prime, they could of won a cup or two. The team knew he wouldn't take any **** or loafing. I hoped Trotz would be that kind of coach, but he's proven time and again he's more talk than action when it comes to motivating his team. I think the best hope for a deep run now is to luck into an easy playoff schedule. (though not sure how that's even possible with as deep as the east is) 

Not sure how that wasn’t a penalty on Raffl.  Clearly got his stick into Bowey’s hands and took him down. 

Just now, GoDeep81 said:

Please don't tell me Kuzy was trying to pass that rebound? I could understand that far off from a 4th liner, but.. Maybe it was just a god attempt at an open net, but I dunno.. :unsure:

It was a sharp angle and bouncing puck. It was just a miss. 

More second period suckage. Cheat too much trying to leave the zone either fornoffense or to change. Just lazy hockey on the back end. Worry about the puck more. 

And Ovie gets highlighted for his hustle only to have the puck end up in the back of the net. Kuzy all the way out by the blue line leaving the zone. Both Flyers defenders are closer to the net than he is. Lazy. 

The real reason this team's PP is stinking is the entry sucks.  They miss MoJo and Trotz will not use a speed player on the top unit (Vrana might be the only one who comes to mind).

All of the switching around and juggling of lines is dumb, especially who he decides to pair dudes with.  It's almost like he's throwing **** at the wall and not looking at what works or would work.

Trotz is not going to be the long term dude to follow you into the post-Young Guns rebuild, might as well see if you can catch lightning in a bottle with Sutter. 

This is going to get out of hand quickly soon...

Wait, is hockey over? lol The most stupid schedule I've ever witnessed, I do believe.. 21 total days off in Jan.. With a 4 day break, 5 day break, 3 day break and then another 5 day break.. Oh and besides the long breaks, we squeeze in a 4 games in 6 nights and a 3 in 4 nights stretch.. Silly.. 

Archived