Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2017 - 18 Stanley Cup Champion Washington Capitals Thread

ixcuincle

Decent game.. 2nd period almost killed em', then the 4 uncalled for penalties at the end of the 3rd.. Other then that they looked pretty good. Need to cash more of those breakaways when you get a chance. Holtby with a couple huge saves in the last minute! Need all that this year! Wilson with a deuce? :o lol

2 minutes ago, Springfield said:

I was at the game.  Ugly win but I’ll take it.

We don’t have a lot of skill on this team but I’m glad to see the newer guys getting ice time.

Vrana looks pretty solid on TV with a ton of speed. 

1 minute ago, Springfield said:

Yeah, he’s fast and we need that.  I wish Backstrom would shoot the puck.  Stephenson is also fast.  Orlov is our best defenseman.

Except on the 2nd goal for the Coyotes in which he was beat badly. :ph34r:

8 minutes ago, Springfield said:

I forget which one that was but I think he tried to pinch and play the puck in the offensive zone and it went off of a Coyote’s shin pad and they broke it long and scored.

That was the first goal when Ellers turned it over....I think. Anyway, good to get the win. 

Sabres will be rested tomorrow while that Caps have their 3 game in 4 nights with travel. Would be great to get points on the road considering the Sabres are struggling. 

21 minutes ago, GoDeep81 said:

It's crazy how speedy teams can make us look so disjointed at times. Glad we hung in there and got the 2!! Have to capitalize especially on home ice!

It's crazy that GMBM appears to be totally oblivious to this fact. 

5 hours ago, Hersh said:

It's crazy that GMBM appears to be totally oblivious to this fact. 

I don't even know if it's the players, per se. We have some speed of our own. But before, "good" teams with speed gave us fits even when we had the best D in the league. Now the Coyotes can make us look silly for extended periods of time? Philosophy/System problem possibly? Who knows. 

Archived