Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2017 - 18 Stanley Cup Champion Washington Capitals Thread

ixcuincle

4 minutes ago, BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93 said:

Plus, the Pens seem to win when half their team is dead anyway 

Lol. No doubt!

Hope Bowey does well! Our luck, he'll really break out, then when Niskanen comes back he'll get sent back and traded at the deadline for some worn out 4th liner.. :lol: :huh: :unsure:

Just caught up to see the last three goals and other than the 8th and final goal, which was all on Grubby, the defense was as bad as I've seen. The good thing is that Bowey pretty much can't do any worse. Anyone thinking Schmidt wouldn't be missed...

Carlson has looked like a turd this season.  Not sure what the deal is, but he should not be brought back.  If the ship is sinking defensively, I'd rather it go down with the young guys rather than underperforming, underachieving, vets like Carlson, Orpik, Ness, and Chorney. 

And yes, with the landscape of the league changing and having a huge emphasis on speed, the loss of Schmidt is going to loom large for a long time.  Not to mention, Johansson. 

On ‎10‎/‎14‎/‎2017 at 10:48 PM, Hersh said:

Just caught up to see the last three goals and other than the 8th and final goal, which was all on Grubby, the defense was as bad as I've seen. The good thing is that Bowey pretty much can't do any worse. Anyone thinking Schmidt wouldn't be missed...

18 hours ago, RonArtest15 said:

Carlson has looked like a turd this season.  Not sure what the deal is, but he should not be brought back.  If the ship is sinking defensively, I'd rather it go down with the young guys rather than underperforming, underachieving, vets like Carlson, Orpik, Ness, and Chorney. 

And yes, with the landscape of the league changing and having a huge emphasis on speed, the loss of Schmidt is going to loom large for a long time.  Not to mention, Johansson. 

These 2 guys get it.

Schmidt was the worst loss of all the players in the offseason. I'm still salty they didn't leave Carlson exposed and keep Nate.

We can not win in the playoffs with Orpik or Carlson on our second pairing. Orpik is too slow and Carlson is too bad at everything. To have a successful year we need Djoos/Bowey to continue to develop so that if we do get a playoff spot, they can step up. GMBM has lost my confidence.

On ‎10‎/‎14‎/‎2017 at 10:19 PM, BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93 said:

This is gonna be a transition year. Went all in and failed. Playoffs aren't a guarantee and for my health, I'm ok with that.

fully healthy I think they have 2 truly good defensemen in Nisky and Orlov. The rest is either average or trash 

I like your signature.  Thumbs Up!

5 hours ago, pjfootballer said:

These 2 guys get it.

Schmidt was the worst loss of all the players in the offseason. I'm still salty they didn't leave Carlson exposed and keep Nate.

GMBM was not very creative in putting together this team. I'm sure Grubby had trade value, Orpik couldn't been bought out and Schmidt could have been kept over Carlson. Heck, the Caps could have tried to trade Carlson before the expansion draft even for a mid-round pick. Clear salary, add assets and keep speed long term. It's not even very complicated. They could have even kept Orpik if Ted wouldn't allow a buyout. 

This is not a well put together team by GMBM and there is virtually no flexibility. The 3rd and 4th lines aren't going to score a lot of goals and the defense currently doesn't score or play great defense. Kuznetsov and Burakovsky haven't scored goals yet and while it's good Kuzy has a lot of assists, he needs to net 20 goals too. I haven't been this pessimistic about the Caps in a long time. 

52 minutes ago, Hersh said:

This is not a well put together team by GMBM and there is virtually no flexibility.

That's an understatement! Outside of unloading Laich (which needed to be done, but could also be looked at as Glue remover) and the initial Oshie deal, he pretty much bought the entire farm then sold gave away all the cows and chickens. :unsure:

Archived