Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2017 - 18 Stanley Cup Champion Washington Capitals Thread

ixcuincle

13 hours ago, Popeman38 said:

Ovie is not the problem in the playoffs. Look up his career playoff numbers. 

0 Stanley Cup Finals appearances (let alone wins).  The only stat that matters.  For someone of his caliber, that's unheard of.  While I know the poor playoff performance every year is not just due to Ovechkin; he somehow has not made the difference either.  Of the players who have lead the NHL in goal scoring four or more times (listed below), only Ovechkin has not won a Stanley Cup:

Charlie Conacher
Maurice Richard
Gordie Howe
Bobby Hull
Phil Esposito
Wayne Gretzky
Alexander Ovechkin

16 hours ago, China said:

0 Stanley Cup Finals appearances (let alone wins).  The only stat that matters.  For someone of his caliber, that's unheard of.  While I know the poor playoff performance every year is not just due to Ovechkin; he somehow has not made the difference either.  Of the players who have lead the NHL in goal scoring four or more times (listed below), only Ovechkin has not won a Stanley Cup:

Charlie Conacher
Maurice Richard
Gordie Howe
Bobby Hull
Phil Esposito
Wayne Gretzky
Alexander Ovechkin

Hockey is not Basketball.  It is a team sport.

14 minutes ago, BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93 said:

That's a poor retort as he's played on 3 Prez Trophy teams 

THAT is a poor retort.  If he's being lambasted as an individual for his team's playoff record, and then use a regular season team record to prove it's not a team issue but rather a him issue.

Normally the Ovechkin discussion doesn't start until he's gone a few games without scoring or the Caps lose a few in row. Dude just had a hat trick in game one of a long as heck season. 

Per the team, there are certainly things I don't love about this team and I think GMBM made some mistakes. It will be interesting to see how the team evolves and if they struggle will Trotz be on the hot seat. 

Archived