Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2017 - 18 Stanley Cup Champion Washington Capitals Thread

ixcuincle

8 minutes ago, Popeman38 said:

Orlov signed to a 6 year/$30.6M deal.

$6.5M, $6.5M, $6.5M, $4.5M, $3.3M, $3.3M.  $12M signing bonus, $18.6M in salary.  Cap hit of $5.1M.

Holy ****, is it just me or does that seem like way too much? 5.1m?? I like Orlov but didn't think he's proven himself THAT much.. I was thinking 4 would be a stretch..

90-19-77

8-92-65

13-20-43

10-83-?

9-2

44-74

4-?

Grubi has to be traded now.  There just isn't the money to go around. Caps have ~$12.4M in cap space with Connolly and Orlov under contract, with Kuzy, Andre, and Grubi still to go.  Kuzy is gonna take $5.5-6/year.  Andre, probably over $4.5.

3 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

Lets just bring all the losers back.

The definition of insanity....

Orlov is actually good, so....

Anyways, got no problem w/ this deal.  Fair value for a guy who SHOULD project as a #1 defenseman in due time. 

I wonder if Grubauer could be flipped to Winnipeg for Trouba?  Not sure what his contract looks like, but he'd be a good get. 

39 minutes ago, RonArtest15 said:

Orlov is actually good, so....

Anyways, got no problem w/ this deal.  Fair value for a guy who SHOULD project as a #1 defenseman in due time. 

I wonder if Grubauer could be flipped to Winnipeg for Trouba?  Not sure what his contract looks like, but he'd be a good get. 

Rumor mill has Vancouver trading fro Grubi since Ryan Miller is looking likely to head to Anaheim.

4 hours ago, Popeman38 said:

Rumor mill has Vancouver trading fro Grubi since Ryan Miller is looking likely to head to Anaheim.

Hmmm....I wonder who we'd want back in return?  Jake Virtanen, who is in the minors, would be a good target.  He kind of fizzled out in Vancouver, so maybe a change of scenery would do him some good. 

As far as their defense, anyone who we could poach?  Gudbranson? 

16 hours ago, Popeman38 said:

Jets bought out Stuart, Blue Jackets bought out Hartnell. Two players that would be good and cheap. 

2 hours ago, Popeman38 said:

Nashville signed Hartnell for 1m/1yr.. I'd of taken that in a heart beat to toughen up this team!!

I hope the Rangers have fun trying to make up for the 50 pts Shatt gets, with the 30-40 he'll give up.. lol

Williams also signed in Carolina. 2yrs/9mil..   Yikes!!

8 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Alzner and Shattenkirk will be awesome now that they're no longer Caps. You just know that's going to happen.

Alzner was awesome when he was a Cap.  Then he suffered that sports hernia in the 2016 playoffs, which was the same injury that neutered Laich and Green.

5 hours ago, Popeman38 said:

Alzner to Montreal, 5 years at $4.5M per. They will have a a decent top 4 on defense. 

Alzner is a possession anchor.  Unless he gets back to what he was a couple years ago, he'll get the ire of the Habs fans soon enough. 

Archived