Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2017 - 18 Stanley Cup Champion Washington Capitals Thread

ixcuincle

50 goals?

Screw that, Ovi is on pace for more than 200.

Real talk though, it's hard enjoying these after the last two years, but it is quite fun.  Ovi scoring like crazy has always just felt right.  At the rate he's going, he could crack top 15 all-time regular season goal scorers this season.

I especially like the 360 no-scope score he pulled off.

3 hours ago, DogofWar1 said:

50 goals?

Screw that, Ovi is on pace for more than 200.

Real talk though, it's hard enjoying these after the last two years, but it is quite fun.  Ovi scoring like crazy has always just felt right.  At the rate he's going, he could crack top 15 all-time regular season goal scorers this season.

I especially like the 360 no-scope score he pulled off.

I guess the hope here is that he's come into the season in shape. He's had a reputation as a partier and not exactly the most diligent guy. Maybe he put in the work this offseason and it will show up late too.

Being honest, I didn't think this team would make they post season.  And for me, it's all about that this year.  As always.  So ultimately we'll see.

But the last two games have been fantastic.

Defense is young but quick, and I remember having an absolute cow after seeing Nathan Walker in the game where we played in Baltimore a few preseasons ago and he was quick as a cat and aggressive and McPhee didn't keep him on the team.  Glad it worked out and we didn't lose him.  He and Smith-Pelley are going to be a good pairing and Beags is not for the bull**** is he?  Two scraps and a throw down last night, lol.

Still got a long way to go, and people were very upset about this team in the preseason because they "looked bad". My point is let's just enjoy this season and let's take history out of it. "This team always chokes this team bad" Well what if this is finally the year? "You've been saying this all the time and look what happens in the playoffs" History is replete with teams that struggled in the playoffs that finally got over the hump. I think it is going to happen. It's a matter of when. Until then, I'm not going to think about it. I'm here to think about the present and what happens now. The offseason was bad, but this team did get younger. 

On ‎10‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 6:13 AM, Burgold said:

I guess the hope here is that he's come into the season in shape. He's had a reputation as a partier and not exactly the most diligent guy. Maybe he put in the work this offseason and it will show up late too.

I think it helps that he got married in the offseason.  Settle him down off the ice.

1 minute ago, DogofWar1 said:

We should start a GoFundMe or a Patreon to keep his wife's sister in town.  He apparently scores hat tricks whenever she's around.

Or at least fund a trip for her starting in late April.

I know this is a joke, but the last thing a pro athlete needs help in is cash. They ought to fund our projects!

12 minutes ago, Popeman38 said:

Chorney is the WORST dman on the roster. He is a black hole on defense. The other team salivates when his pair is on the ice. 

Maybe, but that was a ridiculous goal too. 

Some dumb things being done by the defense and what is Orlov looking at coming onto the ice just now. He has to know to wait. 

Archived