Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2017 - 18 Stanley Cup Champion Washington Capitals Thread

ixcuincle

1 minute ago, Popeman38 said:

There is no ****ing way either of these “too many men” penalties is actually a penalty. Or you literally can’t change lines with the puck in play. 

Agree with the first one as that was a terrible call, but once they called that, I knew they were going to call it in OT. 

Our D and D zone play is gonna cause Trotz to grow hair here soon.. Got a point, but after a 2 goal lead (twice) it stings.. That and the home crowd booing getting to the refs and the makeup madeup calls.. Anyway, 5 points in 3 games, with this new squad, I'll take..

3 hours ago, MondayNightCowboyKilla89 said:

I'm looking for a spare ticket to the Caps-Pens Wednesday.

I haven't been to former Verizon in about two years and I figured this is a great time to go.

Anybody have any suggestions? I'm a loud loyal Caps fan since I was in the baby walker

Tickets are only 48 dollars on stub hub  which is a steal. 

9 hours ago, Hersh said:

Agree with the first one as that was a terrible call, but once they called that, I knew they were going to call it in OT. 

I was thinking the same thing and sure enough.  Our legs were cooked by overtime.  I kind of knew they'd score.  Oh well, got the point on the road.  Hate to blow a 3-1 lead though, but Grubi kept it from being worse.

Am I missing something?  Why do so many people have such low expectations for this year's squad?   Looks like the exact same team as last year, minus Schmidt.  People making him out to be the 2nd coming of Bobby Orr, he wasn't even a top 4 defenseman yet.  Who else did we lose?

2 hours ago, Koala said:

Am I missing something?  Why do so many people have such low expectations for this year's squad?   Looks like the exact same team as last year, minus Schmidt.  People making him out to be the 2nd coming of Bobby Orr, he wasn't even a top 4 defenseman yet.  Who else did we lose?

1. Where have you been the last 12 years when we consistently fail to get out of the 2nd round.

2. Battered fan syndrome.

3. Not Bobby Orr, but with the NHL changing to less hitting and more skating, he was our fastest defenseman and had a breakout year last year.  When he was benched for Sh**tenkirk, we were terrible.  Once he went back on the ice in the playoffs for Alzner, the defense picked up. 

4.  You tell us not to have low expectations, and then you don't know who we lost. 

1)  

1 hour ago, pjfootballer said:

1. Where have you been the last 12 years when we consistently fail to get out of the 2nd round.

2. Battered fan syndrome.

3. Not Bobby Orr, but with the NHL changing to less hitting and more skating, he was our fastest defenseman and had a breakout year last year.  When he was benched for Sh**tenkirk, we were terrible.  Once he went back on the ice in the playoffs for Alzner, the defense picked up. 

4.  You tell us not to have low expectations, and then you don't know who we lost. 

1)  That's not as.meaningful as it used to be, due to the NHL going full retard on playoff seeding thing.  Last year against the pens was really the eastern conference finals, being played in the 2nd round.

2)  We were battered fans last year too.  We are Caps fans.  It's part of the definition of being a caps fan.

3) It woulda been nice to.keep him.  But Gary Dumbass decided to put a team in Las Vegas.  Schmidt isn't the difference between a championship contender and a nonplaypff team.  Seriously, from the reaction here you'd think we failed to resign Kuzy or Orshi, not Nate ****ING Schmidt.

4)  that was a rhetorical.question, and you know rhat, quit being a prick.  We have people on here acting like this is a rebuilding year, like.we will be.lucky to make the.playoffs.  It.seeks like a.petulant overreaction to the Game 7 loss against the Stanley Cup champions.

7 minutes ago, Koala said:

3) It woulda been nice to.keep him.  But Gary Dumbass decided to put a team in Las Vegas.  Schmidt isn't the difference between a championship contender and a nonplaypff team.  Seriously, from the reaction here you'd think we failed to resign Kuzy or Orshi, not Nate ****ING Schmidt.

4)  that was a rhetorical.question, and you know rhat, quit being a prick.  We have people on here acting like this is a rebuilding year, like.we will be.lucky to make the.playoffs.  It.seeks like a.petulant overreaction to the Game 7 loss against the Stanley Cup champions.

Per Schmidt. Teams with speed are a problem for the Caps, so when you get rid of a good puck carrying INEXPENSIVE defenseman, it's a pretty dumb move by the team. 

I think most everyone outside of the Caps organization has much lower expectations for this team given the failures the past two years and the rise of teams like the Maple Leafs and a team like Tampa being healthy. Carolina should be better. Pens are the Pens. Anyway, no one is picking a SC for the Caps and that's good. 

It is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay early, but as usual offense it explosive and IMO D and goaltending are lacking....again. It looks yet again like a team built for the regular season and not for the playoffs...it could be worse a lot of cities would beg for a team consistently good and in the playoffs but it just rings hollow for me at this point. 

Still like watching but anything less than the cup at this point is a wasted season IMO. 

1 hour ago, Koala said:

1)  

1)  That's not as.meaningful as it used to be, due to the NHL going full retard on playoff seeding thing.  Last year against the pens was really the eastern conference finals, being played in the 2nd round.

2)  We were battered fans last year too.  We are Caps fans.  It's part of the definition of being a caps fan.

1) Agreed, but we still haven't gotten out of the 2nd round regardless of seeding.

2) Yes, agreed.

3) No, he's not the difference, but with "slow footed, expensive" Orpik; "Turnover machine" Orlov and "can't count on" Taylor Chorney, Schmidt would be a top 4 defenseman this year.

4) A little harsh there dude.  I almost put in parenthesis (unless this is a rhetorical question) when I posted, but took it out for some reason.

If I've said it once with the Wizards, Redskins and Capitals, I've said it a thousand times- Prove it to me.  Win  championship and I'll stop complaining. 

Now, I haven't complained at all with the regular seasons.  Can't ask for more.  Playoffs are a different story. 

1 hour ago, Hdf561 said:

It is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay early, but as usual offense it explosive and IMO D and goaltending are lacking....again. It looks yet again like a team built for the regular season and not for the playoffs...it could be worse a lot of cities would beg for a team consistently good and in the playoffs but it just rings hollow for me at this point. 

Still like watching but anything less than the cup at this point is a wasted season IMO. 

What's wrong with the goalies this season?

So far, the goalies have kept us in these games, imo. We've been fairly fortunate on our side of the scoreboard and the D looks very unsure of itself. I wouldn't get too carried away with the results thus far.. Wasn't that long ago when they started a season 7-0 ? and fired Boudreau soon there after. I think I'll remain thankful when they get W's and try and brush it off when they look bad.. Certainly no expectations at this point.

16 hours ago, ixcuincle said:

Tickets are only 48 dollars on stub hub  which is a steal. 

I just got a pretty sweet seat. Row A Center Ice of the 400s for a very reasonable price!

So excited to heckle Cindy and Shrek in pre games!!!! If any of y'all goin and wanna meet up for a beer, I'm open to it

2 hours ago, GoDeep81 said:

So far, the goalies have kept us in these games, imo. We've been fairly fortunate on our side of the scoreboard and the D looks very unsure of itself. I wouldn't get too carried away with the results thus far.. Wasn't that long ago when they started a season 7-0 ? and fired Boudreau soon there after. I think I'll remain thankful when they get W's and try and brush it off when they look bad.. Certainly no expectations at this point.

Trotz's stubbornness is going to be his downfall.  No logical reason to put Chorney/Ness out there as the third pairing when Bowey/Djoos are waiting in the wings.  The latter couldn't possibly look any worse.  Trotz better start trusting his younger players/rookies, or else he's going to be unemployed.  Which I think will be the most likely scenario before Thanksgiving - unless something drastic happens. 

There's no NHL thread (I think?)... But the Flyers game just ended in what I would consider complete BS.

Admittedly, I don't watch as much hockey as I used to. But, the Flyers were winning by 1 with a minute to go. The were on a 2 man short hand scenario. Preds tied it up but the Flyers challenged an offside.

Challenge lost.. BUT THEY KEPT THE GOAL (RIGHTFULLY SO) BUT KEPT PREDS ON 2 MAN ADVANTAGE. WTF HAPPEN TO HOCKEY??!!??!?

1 hour ago, RonArtest15 said:

Trotz's stubbornness is going to be his downfall.  No logical reason to put Chorney/Ness out there as the third pairing when Bowey/Djoos are waiting in the wings.  The latter couldn't possibly look any worse.  Trotz better start trusting his younger players/rookies, or else he's going to be unemployed.  Which I think will be the most likely scenario before Thanksgiving - unless something drastic happens. 

This is a little unfair. Not a lot unfair, just a little. There are a decent number of young forwards (7 of them 25 or younger) including Vrana, 21, on the second line and Bura, 22, on the top line. 

It's actually kind of amazing that only two players are over age 30 (Ovi and Orpik) and there are only 3 others (soon to be 4) that are 30. 

2 minutes ago, Bonez3 said:

There's no NHL thread (I think?)... But the Flyers game just ended in what I would consider complete BS.

Admittedly, I don't watch as much hockey as I used to. But, the Flyers were winning by 1 with a minute to go. The were on a 2 man short hand scenario. Preds tied it up but they challenged an offside.

Challenge lost.. BUT THEY KEPT THE GOAL (RIGHTFULLY SO) BUT KEPT PREDS ON 2 MAN ADVANTAGE. WTF AHPPEN TO HOCKEY??!!??!?

Looking at the box score, that Flyers had three total penalties in the last couple of minutes, but there is no such thing as 5 on 2 hockey. That's why it stayed 5 on 3. 

Archived