Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2017 - 18 Stanley Cup Champion Washington Capitals Thread

ixcuincle

Have we answered the question of whether John Carlson can step up his game and play big minutes? Yes we have, and it is a resounding NO. He is lazy, stupid, and predictable. He should have been left unprotected in the expansion draft and Schmidt protected. Vegas would not have chosen him, and Grubi would likely be gone. This defense is a cluster**** without Nisky, and part of it is having Orpik and Carlson logging big minutes. When Orlov is your best defenseman you are in trouble. Chorney is literally worthless. Djoos and Bowey are rookies, so their lapses at this point make sense. The rest is unexplainable, unless you accept that Carlson and Orpik suck. 

2 minutes ago, pjfootballer said:

Our window shutting after 10 years.

Good ownership with a good front office could have it back open within a year or two. Heck, good ownership wouldn't have allowed it to get shut.  

30 minutes ago, pjfootballer said:

Can someone explain Vegas to me? WTF? Expansion teams aren’t supposed to be this good. How in the hell are they doing it? 

The expansion draft was the most rigged ever for an expansion team. There was only one team, and the protection rules were tighter than ever. 

Vegas trolled the Caps by pointing out they matched the win total for the season, in October. But the Caps were rewarded with the dregs of each team, not Fleury and a bunch of pretty good players. You don’t look at the Vegas roster and think expansion team. They have a better roster than half the Atlantic division!

6 hours ago, Hersh said:

Good ownership with a good front office could have it back open within a year or two. Heck, good ownership wouldn't have allowed it to get shut.  

I don't know, I don't blame Ted. We've regularly had teams loaded with talent. At some point you just accept that the core is rotten with mental midgets.

After they gave up a 2 goal lead they've not looked too bad.. Not sure who Peluso is? Only time I've noticed him it's been because he did something stupid.. Defense is still sketchy as ****.. It's times like these you'd hope 5+million dollar Dmitry Orlov might shine. So far though, just looks kinda lost like the lot of em'.. Nice to see Carlson involved for a change. Eyes are gettin heavy, hope I make it through the 3rd..

What a great goal by Kuzy. 

1 hour ago, pjfootballer said:

^^ Seems we always get caught, but they turn a blind eye to the other team.

And Kuzy, for the love of God, shoot the damn puck.

He heard you. Just missed the hat trick. 

Really good win after a bit of a slow start. Holtby was the difference ultimately. Vrana looks really good. 

It's amazing to me how often these guys miss the entire net when shooting in close. I know they are going for corners but man. 

9 hours ago, Hersh said:

Really good win after a bit of a slow start. Holtby was the difference ultimately. Vrana looks really good. 

It's amazing to me how often these guys miss the entire net when shooting in close. I know they are going for corners but man. 

As a C/D level beer leaguer, I understand completely...

:ols:

Archived