Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Sewer That Is The GOP: With All The White Supremacists, Conspiracy Nutters, And Other Malicious Whacko Subgroups, How Does It Get Fixed?

Jumbo

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/tuberville-white-nationalists-in-military/?intcid=CNM-00-10abd1h

"Well I don't look at it like that," he said, adding, "I look at a white nationalist as a Trump Republican. That's what we're called all the time, a MAGA person." Then he added, "I agree that we should not be characterizing Trump supporters as white nationalists."

Tuberville's office also sought to clarify his comments. 

🤭👌

• Haha 1

Kansas GOP considers kicking minority, youth and women’s groups out of party leadership

Kansas Republicans are moving closer to kicking groups representing women, Black, Hispanic and young Republicans off the state party’s executive board, a move that would consolidate the power of its new hard-right chairman.

The Kansas Republican Party’s rules committee advanced a proposal this week that would change the party bylaws to remove constituency groups aimed at broadening the reach of the party. It would also oust state and federal GOP elected officials from the board, which oversees party operations and budgetary decisions.

The full party state committee is expected to vote on the proposal this summer, as well as a separate proposal to change the party constitution to remove those individual’s seats on the state committee. The change to the executive committee needs a simple majority while the change to the state committee would require two-thirds support.

If either proposal passes, it would amount to lost representation for key groups Kansas and national Republicans spent years working to bring into the fold. At the same time, it would enhance the power of chairman Mike Brown, who won his position by just two votes earlier this year.

Click on the link for the full article

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

Also, what new developments are we planning to glean from Trump at this point? If Trump was a TV rerun he'd be on an old-timers channel at 2pm. His own base barely shows up to his rallies anymore. 

But yeah sure, we're the ones that are the problem, not 24 hour cable news. Righteous idiots. 

Copper is wrong. I can listen to people I don’t like if they can have valid fact based arguments. 

But if a person has tried to overthrow this country, is vindictive, unable to speak in complete sentences, resorts to name calling and people that follow him religiously are are easily manipulated, then he doesn’t deserve any time.

They gave him a platform to continue showing his ass and being hateful. 

People like this guy and these women are the people that like to hear from someone like that: poor kids

image.thumb.jpeg.079d83e1a424409445c60673f8b5691d.jpeg

Edited by Fan since a Fetus
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

Anderson Cooper can go **** himself.
How much listening does one have to do to that pig to realize what he is and that you NEVER EVER need to hear another word out of his mouth?
You who can help him go away?
Your ****ing network. But instead, they helped keep him relevant. 

I am ****ing tired of this "i can disagree and still respect you" nonsense.
FIne, i can too, as long as it is a reasonable disagreement.
But that is not a universal, and there are limits until you can rightfully decide that person spewing the hate and lies and treason should be smacked in the mouth at the very least.

~Bang

Edited by Bang
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 5/10/2023 at 3:37 PM, Cooked Crack said:

'Destructive spectacle': Chuck Schumer admonishes Tommy Tuberville’s defense of white nationalists

United States Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer (D-New York) condemned Senator Tommy Tuberville (R-Alabama) for remarks that he made earlier in the week that elevated white nationalists and other extremist supporters of former President Donald Trump.

"I call them Americans," Tuberville said during an interview with Birmingham's National Public Radio affiliate station WBHM on Monday. Tuberville, who has repeatedly obstructed military promotions over abortion, also alleged that Democrats have a vendetta against the Armed Forces.

"We are losing in the military so fast," Tuberville asserted. "And why? I can tell you why. Because the Democrats are attacking our military, saying we need to get out the white extremists, the white nationalists, people that don’t believe in our agenda, as Joe Biden's agenda."

Schumer responded on Thursday.

"Does Senator Tuberville honestly believe that our military is stronger with white nationalists in its ranks? I cannot believe this needs to be said, but white nationalism has no place in our armed forces and no place in any corner of American society, period, full stop, end of story," said Schumer, per The Guardian.

"I urge Senator Tuberville to think about the destructive spectacle he is creating in the Senate," Schumer added. "His actions are dangerous."

Schumer was in good company. The Guardiannoted that White House National Security Council spokesperson Adam Hodge also blasted Tuberville's comments.

It is "abhorrent that Senator Tuberville would argue that white nationalists should be allowed to serve in the military, while he also threatens our national security by holding all pending DoD military and civilian nominations," Hodge said. "Extremist behavior has no place in our military. None."

Click on the link for the full article

A harshly worded statement?  Can't they at least censure him or something?  There seem to be no repercussions for these assholes these days.

• Like 1

This could easily go in the abortion thread but since Tubby is being discussed here and this pertains to our country’s security, I am placing it here.

http://Tuberville is flipping idiot

WASHINGTON (AP) — Senate Republican Leader Mitch McConnell said Wednesday that he won’t support a fellow GOP senator’s blockade of military nominees, backing Democrats and Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin who have said that the holdup is harming national security.

Alabama Sen. Tommy Tuberville is objecting to the normally routine practice of confirming dozens of military nominations, a move that would force the Senate to hold potentially hundreds of votes to confirm non-controversial senior military officers. Tuberville has not backed down from his now-monthslong pledge to hold up the nominees over the Pentagon’s abortion policy, which provides travel funds and support for troops and dependents who seek abortions but are based in states where they are now illegal.

“No, I don’t support putting a hold on military nominations,” McConnell told reporters, in response to a question about Tuberville’s blockade. “I don’t support that. But as to why, you’ll have to ask Sen. Tuberville.”

McConnell’s comments have no practical effect on Tuberville’s holds, because any senator can hold up any Senate action. But the GOP leader’s position further isolates the Alabama Republican as lawmakers and national security officials have said that the holdup may have dangerous effects.

In a letter sent last week to Massachusetts Sen. Elizabeth Warren, a Democrat, Austin wrote that he has “deep concern” about the delays in confirmations. He said the Pentagon estimates that approximately 650 officers covered by the hold – those at the one-star to four-star levels – will require Senate confirmation between now and the end of the year.

The delays pose “a clear risk to U.S. military readiness, especially at his critical time,” Austin wrote, adding that never before has one senator held up so many officers. The glut of vacancies would break down the department’s normal flow of leadership and breed uncertainty and confusion, he said, risking operations in “every theater, every domain, and every service.”

At a hearing earlier this year, Austin defended the abortion policy by saying that tens of thousands of women in the military live and work in locations that don’t have regular reproductive health care. “This policy is based on strong legal ground,” he said. 

A spokesman for Tuberville said Wednesday that McConnell’s comments have not changed his position. The senator has said repeatedly that he won’t budge.

“Secretary Austin thought abortion is more important than his highest-level military nominations,” he said late last month, after Democrats tried to call up the nominations on the Senate floor. “Secretary Austin could end the policy today, and I would lift my hold. Secretary Austin has chosen not to do that.”

Tuberville has argued that Schumer can bring the nominations to the Senate floor at any time and hold individual votes. But each nomination would require at least two votes and days of Senate time, and Democrats have argued that it would set a dangerous precedent to hold partisan votes on routine military nominations that have traditionally been unanimously approved by voice vote.

Edited by Fan since a Fetus