Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Sewer That Is The GOP: With All The White Supremacists, Conspiracy Nutters, And Other Malicious Whacko Subgroups, How Does It Get Fixed?

Jumbo

4 minutes ago, Bang said:

"he was just following orders"

~Nah

It's his channels' own programming, nothing else he could except walk off the set. I'm more more concerned about the event even happening than Cooper's comments to viewers telling them to wake up and vote after the absurdity they just watched.

The GOP Is the Party of ‘**** You’

There is an apocryphal belief that among the Indigenous people of the north there are more than 30 words for snow. Well, I’m from New Jersey and I can tell you that in America’s great Garden State we don’t need so many words. In fact, along our stretch of the I-95 corridor there are probably 30 different ways we deploy just a single two-word phrase: “**** you.”

It can be a greeting, an expression of disbelief, a paroxysm of surprise or awe, an expression of affection, a reaction to a particularly delicious meal, and an expression of anger in its many different forms. You get the idea.

All of which is to say, I am an expert in the use of the term. And, because I also am a denizen of Washington, D.C., I have come to understand how it has become central to the politics of our moment.

The Republican Party has become the party of “**** you.” “**** you” is the motivation of its alienated voters. It is its legislative strategy. It is its views toward the laws and Constitution of the United States. It is its reaction to morality and values. It is its foreign policy mantra with our allies. “**** you” is even its message to the historians of the future.

Sadly, we live in an age in which the political discourse of the United States results in every idea floated by Democrats, independents, and even the elusive “reasonable Republicans,” in which every constructive thought floated about the direction our country should take, or how we should behave, or why the law matters is met by a chorus of Republican leaders with their signature “**** you.”

As a New Jerseyite, I worry they will discredit the term so much that we will have to find another way to express ourselves. My concern is due to the fact that the MAGA-ized GOP has only gotten more outrageous… which is to say more committed to the politics of outrage, to obliterating norms of decency, as the signature activities to which they devote themselves.

They do it because their base is angry. They do it because it drives social media wild. They do it because they have no ideas and their leaders are profoundly immoral, disgusting people.

Click on the link for more

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Hey, he chose to stay, and not only that, chose to say such an absurd thing.
What,, he can't find another job? 
I'm supposed to forgive his lack of principles because of... ?

Man, **** him. You don't give that **** the ONLY stage allowed to him (to present) then blame the viewers (or more correctly, those who refused to watch and vented their anger at allowing him a platform) for being angry about it.

Why does anyone believe ANY of his followers will 'wake up'? Ever?
Those who haven't yet won't. Nobody is on the fence here.

~Bang

Edited by Bang
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Re: NYC death of black mentally unstable guy at hands of white guy

Why is this even a tribal/political thing?  Let the justice system play out.  He will be charged and judged by a jury of his peers.  It shouldn't reflexively be "support the former Marine because he is a white former marine".   Or "the streets are so unsafe that people protect themselves by choking threats to death."  

This case makes me sick.  

• Like 1

I've seen videos in the past of guys putting perceived threats on the subway in chokeholds to neutralize them...so without knowing much at all about the Neely case I'm hesitant to take a side on the issue, but not interested enough to check into the story.

Here's one:

Edited by Califan007 The Constipated

11 hours ago, Califan007 The Constipated said:

I've seen videos in the past of guys putting perceived threats on the subway in chokeholds to neutralize them...so without knowing much at all about the Neely case I'm hesitant to take a side on the issue, but not interested enough to check into the story.

Here's one:

A rear naked choke, which is what that guy did, is generally a completely legit way to subdue a person. IMO the big issue here is how long he held him. A properly applied hold like that puts pressure on the carotid and jugular and will cut off the blood supply to brain within about 10 seconds at the most (I know because I've done it to people and had it done to me in controlled training situations).

He apparently held the guy like that for several minutes. So he either wasn't applying it properly and instead asphyxiated the guy, or he did it properly and held it for way too long, which would likely cause problems with the brain going that long without blood. (I'm not a doctor so I'm just guessing).

There's no reason in pretty much any circumstance to hold a person there like that for so long. If you apply a rear naked choke correctly they'll be out in under 10 seconds and then very easy to subdue, especially with other people around. Otherwise if you have training and you have the back of someone who doesn't, you pretty much have them at your mercy anyway and can apply a variety of locks or holds to subdue them. Again, especially with other people there helping.

I don't think the self defense claim is going to work.

Edited by mistertim
  • Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

😅 I am married to a chinese woman, and in her life, she has a lot of other Asian friends. 
The racism i have seen on display among each OTHER is as bad as any racism that you might expect in the US.
Eye shape, face shape.. it is every bit as bad. AND, the more successful, the worse it is. New money trash is common, classism is insane in those cultures. (as evidenced by her posting her GPA/.. she supposes that gives her clout over the peasants..   of her own people. 

Just my anecdotal experience of the cultures...  being "gwai-lo" (Which translates roughly to 'ghost man.. due to the pale skin i have.)

What is fun is if I am at one of their gatherings, it is inevitable that I will hear them talking about the Gwai-lo, and they do not like it when you turn in their direction and let them know you understood it.

~Bang

• Like 2