Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Sewer That Is The GOP: With All The White Supremacists, Conspiracy Nutters, And Other Malicious Whacko Subgroups, How Does It Get Fixed?

Jumbo

On 8/3/2021 at 12:47 AM, NoCalMike said:

Not sure if anyone has been following the CA recall election besides those of us in CA.  I think it is under 50 days away, and surprise only 36% of CA voters support it.  The same 36% that supported it the day Newsom was elected.  Now I can really careless about debating Newsom himself, just the silliness of this recall election.   The candidates the GOP has offered up to replace him with:  Larry Elder...a career right-wing talk show host,  the husband of a Real Housewife of Orange County,  Caitlain Jenner......do I even need to keep going?  Of course Larry Elder is leading among the recall supporters because....of course, right?  The new model of GOP politician seems to be whoever will just repeat the Trump trash.   

What is irritating about this is that none of these GOP candidates would stand any chance in an actual election, but this is their ticket to weasel their way into the job with a fraction of voter support due to too many voters sleeping at the wheel not taking this recall election serious.

I am still predicting that it will fail, but it will likely be way too close for comfort and only energize and keep the GOP doing this every single time a Democrat is elected governor.  99.9% of the signatures collected for the recall petition were from 2 of the most red counties in the state, basically counties that would never vote for him in the first place.  Considering how many voters are in CA it takes an incredibly tiny amount of signatures to get the ball rolling.   I am all for constructive mechanism to remove politicians, but the CA recall system ain't one of them.  The majority of voters in this state support him and support the job he is doing, but because the requirements to get a recall election going are so low, it's another example of the minority trying to dictate to the majority how things will be.

i was just moving out of california during the Grey recall..... that system is so very embarrassing.    

1 hour ago, mcsluggo said:

i was just moving out of california during the Grey recall..... that system is so very embarrassing.    

It's a ****ing joke. The signatures threshold should be 50% of previous voters total. 

Right now, the lunatic fringe (aka the CA GOP) can easily trigger an expensive recall.

Edited by The Evil Genius
  • Like 2

23 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

It's a ****ing joke. The signatures threshold should be 50% of previous voters total. 

Right now, the lunatic fringe (aka the CA GOP) can easily trigger an expensive recall.

it is embarrassing that it only requires 50% for a recall  (so a governor can NEVER dip below a 50% approval rating .... ??? )    and then whatever bull**** procedure they use to decide who should replace the governor if HE is recalled is even MORE embarrassing

(it only takes 50% of people that bother to vote in an off cycle election to recall a duly elected official, and then an even more miniscule proportion of the population can decide who gets to replace him....  so Newsome, who was elected with almost 8 million votes, and 62% of the electorate, can be dumped by many fewer votes and then the person that gets to replace him can do so with a fraction of THOSE votes.   2 million votes can disenfranchise those 8 million voters.    it is banana rpublic authoritarian bull**** dream material .... and it is all made possible by the absolutely moronic proposition system in california.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, TryTheBeal! said:

The GOP is doing just great theses days!

You have to read the responses to that thread. My favorite:

The audit isn't even done and people are already giving up on it. I want the audit finished. Then we can talk about it.

:ols:

• Haha 4

17 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

Trump doesn’t run; Desantis would be the favorite.

As of now yes, but mostly because his "greatness" is largely an invention of right-wing media due to culture war stuff, that hasn't had to stand up to the scrutiny of a national media spotlight.  His approval has dropped 10% in the last week and Crist is actually narrowly leading him in polls.  It's FL so my hunch is he eventually rebounds and is favorite for re-election, but DeSantis is no prize. 

Also, Trump not running, doesn't meant Trumpism won't be on the ticket in 2024, especially the primary.  It would be a wonderful thing if Trumpism is soundly rejected and we never have to see or hear from it again, but I think it lasts at least one more life cycle due to the fact that Trump himself will at least entertain the idea of running in 2024 to keep the money-making scheme going so even if he decides to not run, the primary candidates are likely going to be competing to be the "next Trump"

Edited by NoCalMike

2 hours ago, NoCalMike said:

As of now yes, but mostly because his "greatness" is largely an invention of right-wing media due to culture war stuff, that hasn't had to stand up to the scrutiny of a national media spotlight.  His approval has dropped 10% in the last week and Crist is actually narrowly leading him in polls.  It's FL so my hunch is he eventually rebounds and is favorite for re-election, but DeSantis is no prize. 

Also, Trump not running, doesn't meant Trumpism won't be on the ticket in 2024, especially the primary.  It would be a wonderful thing if Trumpism is soundly rejected and we never have to see or hear from it again, but I think it lasts at least one more life cycle due to the fact that Trump himself will at least entertain the idea of running in 2024 to keep the money-making scheme going so even if he decides to not run, the primary candidates are likely going to be competing to be the "next Trump"

As long as Trump is alive, even if he doesn’t run; Trumpism will be around. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cooked Crack said:

They're swimming right out of the Gulf of Mexico and onto the Florida shores.

Wow, DeSantis skipped right over blaming BLM & ANTIFA for covid and went for the GOP's favorite group to blame, "illegal immigrants"

• Like 2

Donald Trump wants his supporters to carry 'Trump Cards'

https://www.businessinsider.com/donald-trump-wants-supporters-to-carry-trump-cards-2021-8

"The card you select will be carried by Patriots all around the Country. They will be a sign of your dedicated support to our movement to SAVE AMERICA, and I'm putting my full trust in you," Trump wrote in the first email.

The Trump team sent a follow-up email later that night, which read: "We're about to launch our Official Trump Cards, which will be reserved for President Trump's STRONGEST supporters." 

The Trump camp did not outline exactly what entitled one to carry a "Trump Card." Clicking on the link to vote for one's favorite design brought the user to a fundraising page.

card.jpg

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Florgon79 said:

I just don't understand how stupid you have to be to keep giving this guy your money. He's just stealing from his supporters and they are more than happy to hand over entire paychecks to him/Chinese manufacturers of hats and shirts. 

There are plenty of people who have kept on giving money to scam artist preachers even after they've been publicly exposed as conmen who are bilking their followers for private jet cash.

• Like 5

I love how they're not even bothering to pretend that you actually get anything for giving them money for that dumbass card.

Usually places will at least throw you a bone and say you get access to some dumb "members only" area and/or can send messages to whoever it is.

For this they're like "whatevs, just give us money for this thing"

• Haha 2

31 minutes ago, mistertim said:

I love how they're not even bothering to pretend that you actually get anything for giving them money for that dumbass card.

Usually places will at least throw you a bone and say you get access to some dumb "members only" area and/or can send messages to whoever it is.

For this they're like "whatevs, just give us money for this thing"

I dont see how he hasnt created his own bank JUST for PATRIOTS and PRESIDENT TRUMPS MOST SPECIAL SUPPORTS. If you dont move your life savings over YOU are a TRAITOR and we will have to let PRESIDENT TRUMP KKKNOW! 

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

9 hours ago, Barry.Randolphe said:

It's funny how we had that guy spouting this talking point the other day, now it's everywhere. Must be something Fox has been telling everyone

Someone on my high school's FB page posted this non-sense targeted to the false point that not taking the Covid vaccine isn't the cause of increasing numbers of people infected. I wrote to discredit these talking points. Stupidity knows no bounds.

• Like 2