Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Sewer That Is The GOP: With All The White Supremacists, Conspiracy Nutters, And Other Malicious Whacko Subgroups, How Does It Get Fixed?

Jumbo

Just now, PleaseBlitz said:

Yea, he gambled that his intellectual conservatism would win the day.  As such, I think 25:1 is fair odds. :ols:

Anecdotally, I know people who voted for Trump who hate him, but will always vote R because libs-so-evil.  When I suggested that Ryan would come back as the nominee they were so happy about that idea.  Though, at the time (between 2020 election and 1/20), I thought 2024.  I’ve revised that to 2028 because it’s going to be Trumpism still in 2024, IMO.

• Like 1

Lauren Boebert Goes On Twitter Tirades Against Black Lives Matter, Pro-Gun Rants

Lauren Boebert, Colorado Representative and perennial controversy magnet, attracted attention Thursday by tweeting that U.S. embassies should not fly the Black Lives Matter flag. The Twitter postings come as embassies were recently given the option ahead of the anniversary of George Floyd’s murder.

Boebert’s detractors immediately spoke out against her Tweet, accusing her of opposing the entire Black Lives Matter movement, recalling past criminal charges against both herself and her husband, Jayson Boebert and reminding her of her support for the alt-right groups who perpetrated the Jan. 6 Capitol insurrection, 

Click on the link for more

5 hours ago, Ball Security said:

You laugh, but if someone gave me decent odds, I’d put money on him being the 2028 nominee.  

And, no, I don’t give a **** what he has to say.  Lol. 

2024 will be the last election in America, if Trump is running in 24.  THE GOP will steal the election for him and he will immediately install a dictatorship. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Rdskns2000 said:

2024 will be the last election in America, if Trump is running in 24.  THE GOP will steal the election for him and he will immediately install a dictatorship. 

Ah, but you don’t realize that the playbook has been written. If Trump wins in 24 (he won’t), Biden and Harris won’t allow him to be sworn in.  They have the Mike Lindell notes about Martial Law. 1/6/21 will be a tour visit compared to what they’ll unleash.  You might be right that it’ll be the last election, but it will be Obama forever.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I think whether Paul Ryan runs at any point in the next 20 years is entirely determined by what the GOP does in response to the 2024 election. Lets say the GOP stays loyal to Trump and the win, they're going to stick with Trump and there will be no place for Ryan. However, if the Trump train derails and 2024 ends in disaster, do they double down on the Trump rhetoric or do they dial it back? I only see a place for Ryan if the GOP can manage to reel itself back into at least plausible sanity.

Did Matt Gaetz Call for Use of 'Second Amendment' Against Silicon Valley? 

"Congressman Matt Gaetz was criticized on Thursday after a misleading clip on social media appeared to show him calling on "America First" supporters to use the Second Amendment against Silicon Valley employees during a speech on cancel culture."

"The clip cut out Gaetz's reference to the First Amendment, which makes it clear he is not calling on supporters to shoot Silicon Valley employees, but instead to simply exercise their rights to freedom of speech and assembly."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/did-matt-gaetz-call-for-use-of-second-amendment-against-silicon-valley/ar-AAKtCPT

Edited by PeterMP

Melissa Smith says she has never used the words “critical race theory” in her community college course on race and ethnicity. Her syllabus does ask students to learn about racial inequality in the United States — from health to criminal justice to housing — and to “recognize the extent of privilege, prejudice, and discrimination in our society.”

Smith, 38, said she remembers taking a similar course at the University of Central Oklahoma in the early 2000s.

“These classes have been taught forever,” said the adjunct professor.

But Oklahoma is among a wave of Republican-led states scrutinizing and seeking to reshape how teachers talk about race. This month, the governor signed what many refer to as a ban on critical race theory in schools — a bill, he said, that would make sure taxpayer money is not used “to define and divide young Oklahomans about their race or sex.”

• Sad 2

Republicans. The party of snowflakes.

Nah, we shouldn’t have to look at our faults and  evolve. There’s too much pain in that. So let’s just pretend it didn’t happen to protect our fragile little egos. Just give them all your money and you’re absolved of all your fears.

• Like 4