Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Sewer That Is The GOP: With All The White Supremacists, Conspiracy Nutters, And Other Malicious Whacko Subgroups, How Does It Get Fixed?

Jumbo

4 hours ago, @SkinsGoldPants said:

again, this should at least be web-ads in Georgia with "There still is no AIDs Vaccine, he's lying......again"

Dems suck.

Something must be wrong, because I've been gone from this forum for a few months, and when I came back it was still full of threads about how terrible Republicans are and virtually nothing about anything positive the Democrats are doing.

Granted, GOP continues to provide stupidity.

Edited by Zguy28
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Zguy28 said:

Something must be wrong, because I've been gone from this forum for a few months, and when I came back it was still full of threads about how terrible Republicans are and virtually nothing about anything positive the Democrats are doing.

Yeah, I mean...it's kinda hard to get people to focus on the nice state of the lawn in one house's yard when the house next door has a towering inferno burning it to the ground.

• Haha 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

2 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

I'm not sure there is a whole lot to be impressed with on the Dem side except for the fact that they aren't the GOP.

This is the answer. It aint only the GOP driving us closer to death every day. There are like 3 Dems in the back seat and unfortunately that's enough right now. 

1 hour ago, Zguy28 said:

In fairness there is not much positive to report. They are jsut not all bat **** crazy. There has been some positive stuff like getting the vaccine out. But until they do something important like get infrastructure though then there is not a lot to talk about. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, goskins10 said:

We are so proud of our governor. He really works hard to remind us just how ****ing stupid he is on a regular basis. It's amazing how good he is at it - not worth anything else but he is good at this one thing. 

I saw a campaign video of his that somebody shared on Facebook the other day and I thought it was satire for a moment.  

Just found it:

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Zguy28 said:

Well, if you want threads about the Dems big accomplishments, it might be a while.  

1 hour ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

It's funny that you and I probably completely disagree on which 3 that is also.  I guess that is what happens when you are forced to shoehorn all sane politicians under one party.

Well I've been on Brietbart and Gateway Pundit long enough to know that one of them is George Soros. Who are the others?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I saw a campaign video of his that somebody shared on Facebook the other day and I thought it was satire for a moment.  

Just found it:

No satire! That's our boy! Got to love the end where he says he has a truck to round up illegal immigrants and take him back himself. 

Just think, while he did cheat to win by remaining SoS for GA while running for office (for those playing at home that means he oversees all elections - but no conflict there), still almost half of those who voted, voted for him.

A truly reprehensible human being - and even he said the election was not rigged!! I guess even stupid can be right every once in a while.  

Edited by goskins10
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thumb up 1

3 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

No satire! That's our boy! Got to love the end where he says he has a truck to round up illegal immigrants and take him back himself. 

Just think, while he did cheat to win by remaining SoS for GA while running for office (for those playing at home that means he oversees all elections - but no conflict there), still almost half of those who voted, voted for him.

I truly reprehensible human being - and even he said the election was not rigged!! I guess even stupid can be right every once in a while.  

I'd pay good money to see what would happen if that pencil dicked dweeb drove his truck up to a bunch of Latinos and told them they had to get in because he was taking them back to the border.

• Haha 6

55 minutes ago, daveakl said:

Dems will never accomplish anything because they aren't united.  They are like the clan's in Braveheart after they beat the English in Scotland.  So much infighting to get control of the party where as the Republicans move lock step together. 

Meh Republicans have a similar problem. Plenty of infighting.

Repeal and Replace? Infrastructure? Immigration? When they had the chance to address such things they chose to increase military spending and pass a tax cut for rich folks instead. Easy stuff they can all agree on basically. 

My personal favorite bill that republicans never passed was the Clean Up Corruption in Washington Act. Good times draining the swamp n such. I bet the GOP would have done a bigly job on that one.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, clietas said:

Meh Republicans have a similar problem. Plenty of infighting.

Repeal and Replace? Infrastructure? Immigration? When they had the chance to address such things they chose to increase military spending and pass a tax cut for rich folks instead. Easy stuff they can all agree on basically. 

And break the ACA some more.  So they can run for the next election on how terrible it is, after them breaking it in all those places.  

• Like 1

The problem with the Dems is they don’t have more control. 

as someone paying more attention to them now than ever, cause the other size just deserves zero of my time anymore, I’ve been pleasantly surprised the wide range of opinions and the way they seem to at least try to get together and form agreements. 

the problem is they need every single one because the republicans have just enough seats to allow just 1 or 2 Dems to grind things to a halt. 

I mean In a functioning government you’d have 10 Republican senators and maybe 20ish house republicans that can be goaded into some bills here and there, which would allow your one or two crazy Dems to be an asshole but not grid the whole thing to a stop. 

but we don’t have that. 

I wish the Dems would be a little more flexible in their whole “money is every solution” approach. But otherwise I actually enjoy that we’re not just getting a think tank driven idea, with the whole party in lockstep under threat of being eaten alive, publicly, by their own team. 

Generally I don’t blame them for being diverse and not having enough seats to do things without 100% members voting for it. I would blame us, for not seeing two polar opposite parties and thinking “maybe the one that thinks everything government is awful isn’t the right group to put in charge of government”

I do blame the Dems for, right now, not coming together. The fascist threat is real and we got some Dems with no ****ing spine. 

voting rights at a minimum should have been done 3 months ago. 

Infrastructure should be done. 

play your games on everything else but those two are fundamental to the wellbeing of our country and loooooooong overdue. 

Edited by tshile
  • Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

3 minutes ago, tshile said:

The problem with the Dems is they don’t have more control. 

I think "the problem with the Dems" is people saying that the problem is the Dems.  

Sorry.  But this GOP policy of "we will filibuster everything, no matter how good it is for our districts, just so we can pretend that the problem is the Dem's inability to ram through major legislation with a 50-50 vote" is new.  And it's not "the Dems" doing it.  

30 years ago, this stimulus bill sails through congress with monstrous bipartisan support.  Because it's a lot of spending, in everybody's district.  (And if you announce you're voting against it, then you don't get to steer the pork.)  

• Like 3
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1