Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Sewer That Is The GOP: With All The White Supremacists, Conspiracy Nutters, And Other Malicious Whacko Subgroups, How Does It Get Fixed?

Jumbo

1 hour ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

This is probably right and honestly, he more represents what I wish the Republican Party was.

I agree, at least the thread here is inline with their beliefs. I wish the gop would give up on certain things one especially being abortion rights its pretty convincing there has to be a womans right to choose in this situation.

17 minutes ago, CjSuAvE22 said:

I agree, at least the thread here is inline with their beliefs. I wish the gop would give up on certain things one especially being abortion rights its pretty convincing there has to be a womans right to choose in this situation.

Pretty convincing?

35 minutes ago, CjSuAvE22 said:

I say it's fundamental for women's bodily autonomy.

Here's an example for you men: what if males were required to have a vasectomy until they were ready to father children and all that goes with that, by government edict? That's what giving up your bodily autonomy looks like.

Edited by LadySkinsFan

10 hours ago, CjSuAvE22 said:

I have a lot more respect for this thread after the last three posts...There is a problem with america, and its wealth/academia because if u are not intwined into those groups nobody cares about you plain and simple, which brings me to my next point its no fluke Trump gets voted into office the majority of poor white america felt like he was their voice (and if we want to be true to the situation than they are right) democrat party needs to evolve plain and simple if they want to preach equality for all that includes every poor indian asian white black and latino american and make it blatant, but its so obvious that democrats cater to a couple of certain races that as an asian american i feel like a podunk white america left out and forgotten so i vote conservative. I know a lot of u will chastise me for this, and yes there are asian americans that are on board with progressive values so im pointing why i feel left out and why although the gop cares less about me too at least i dont see them leaving me out hence why i vote conservative.

I get that poor white America feels threatened and vulnerable.  Fox and the GOP have emphasized that for years.  So they are looking for someone to champion their cause.  How about someone who fights for unions and the working man? Who wants to tax the rich and give middle and lower income Americans a break?  Who wants to make higher education, in the form of community college, affordable or free?  Who will tell them the truth about a pandemic that's killed 1 of every 500 Americans?  Who will not lie to them about virtually everything?  That person is not the one they've chosen.

It boggles my mind that Donald Trump would be the person they think is looking after them. He's not. He cares about one person in the world.  The person he cares about, who he centers his world around, is an orange, egocentric, thin-skinned, money worshipping, habitual liar. 

If you don't wish to be judged, pick a better person to champion your cause.  

Edited by Dan T.
  • Like 9
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

4 hours ago, LadySkinsFan said:

I say it's fundamental for women's bodily autonomy.

Here's an example for you men: what if males were required to have a vasectomy until they were ready to father children and all that goes with that, by government edict? That's what giving up your bodily autonomy looks like.

Im actually totally fine with this.  Does that mean I shouldn’t be pro-choice?

Liz Cheney Hits Trump Ahead of Fundraiser With Bush: ‘I Like Republican Presidents Who Win Re-Election’

Congresswoman Liz Cheney (R- WY) has been one of the most vocal anti-Trump Republicans in the House, and thus her primary race has received a lot of national attention.

George W. Bush is headlining an upcoming fundraiser for Cheney, and Donald Trump responded to that news with a Photoshopped image of Bush’s face on Cheney’s head.

unnamed.jpg

Cheney shot back on Sunday, sharing a picture of Bush and remarking, “I like Republican presidents who win re-election.”

Click on the link for the full article

• Haha 4
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

20 hours ago, China said:

Abortion-Banning, Voter-Suppressing, Gun-Promoting, Border-Sealing Texas Gov. Abbot Not Far-Right Enough for Trumpist Wing of GOP

Texas Gov. Greg Abbott signed the nation’s most radical abortion ban, a far-reaching voter suppression law, and legislation that allows Texans to carry handguns without a permit or training. He responded to a surge in COVID-19 delta variant cases by blocking local vaccine and mask mandates, and he mobilized state police and national guard troops to “seal” the border with Mexico. But none of that is enough for some Trump-loving Republicans. Former Trump campaign lawyer Jenna Ellis recently declared on her radio show that Abbott is “not a real Republican” while endorsing Abbott challenger Don Huffines in the state’s Republican primary.

Click on the link for the full article

Greg Abbott won’t stand for this….

image.jpeg.8a6b91afedb533839cfb9884732c7698.jpeg

• Haha 5

On 9/26/2021 at 12:04 PM, Dan T. said:

It boggles my mind that Donald Trump would be the person they think is looking after them

Honestly, I don’t think they think that. 

I think they just enjoy someone who sounds like them. He says all the **** they’ve been wishing whoever they voted for would say for over a decade. 

the incompetence. The nastiness. The idiocy. 

they like it because it feels like one of them won the presidency. An incompetent idiot full of hate for everyone not like them. 

On 9/26/2021 at 12:36 AM, CjSuAvE22 said:

How does this thread feel about Joe Manchin? 

Hate him. And sinema. And any other Dems looking at what’s going on and playing politics as usual. 

Edited by tshile
  • Like 4

Not a fan of Manchin. The most optimistic view of him is he is an idealistic buffoon who can’t perceive reality and ignores the history he has been a part of. The more realistic view, is he’s a hyper-cynical politician who is beholden to lobbyists and a conservative state. Plus, he enjoys his current preeminence. He will never be more influential than he is right now and he only remains influential by being an obstructionist. 

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 2

'Gaslighting' GOP Governor Ripped For Hypocrisy After Getting Caught In Scandal

South Dakota Gov. Kristi Noem (R) is being ripped on social media for her unusual defense of allegations she abused her power by using her office to help a daughter get a real estate appraisal license from a state agency. 

She didn’t address the allegation but instead claimed it was an attack on her “children.” 

The Associated Press on Monday reported that Noem hauled multiple state officials into a meeting with herself and daughter Kassidy Peters, then 26, when it seemed she was going to be denied the license. 

AP said it’s not clear what happened at the meeting, but several months later Peters was given the license. 

Story   ---  https://news.yahoo.com/gaslighting-gop-governor-ripped-hypocrisy-041512437.html

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

59 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

Sometimes I get so agitated thinking these politicians believe the population is this ignorant.  Then I interact with people, and nope, I totally see why they are so effective.

It's so similar to how I feel about all the marketing/advertising techniques I've learned.

It seems unethical and manipulative (even though they are legal).... but no one can argue with the results. They do work.

And if you're all about the 'bottom line'.... then I can completely understand.

But for me, it's never been about making money.... it's more about 'how' (the process) I make it.

People are generally pretty vulnerable. And yet I've found that even when you want to inform/educate others on how they're being manipulated.... they often don't trust you and defend their abusers/exploiters. Stockholm syndrome.

And I'm done with trying to be anyone's savior, especially when it isn't solicited. 🙂

• Like 4