Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Sewer That Is The GOP: With All The White Supremacists, Conspiracy Nutters, And Other Malicious Whacko Subgroups, How Does It Get Fixed?

Jumbo

Judge refuses to allow Trump to get out of E. Jean Carroll’s defamation lawsuit

Former President Donald Trump’s attempts to get out of a lawsuit by former columnist E. Jean Carroll were denied according to court filings.

Carroll sued the then-president for defamation, but the suit has been caught up in litigation since the Trump-era Justice Department. Attorney General Merrick Garland agreed to defend Trump in court because he was president.

E. Jean Carroll accused President Donald Trump of raping her in New York in 1995 or 1996. Trump denied the claim, stating that he had never met Carroll and that “she’s not my type.” 

Carroll has asked that Trump provide a DNA sample, saying that she has his DNA on the clothing she wore when he allegedly raped her.

Trump’s request to get out of the lawsuit was DENIED today

24 minutes ago, China said:

Judge refuses to allow Trump to get out of E. Jean Carroll’s defamation lawsuit

Former President Donald Trump’s attempts to get out of a lawsuit by former columnist E. Jean Carroll were denied according to court filings.

Carroll sued the then-president for defamation, but the suit has been caught up in litigation since the Trump-era Justice Department. Attorney General Merrick Garland agreed to defend Trump in court because he was president.

E. Jean Carroll accused President Donald Trump of raping her in New York in 1995 or 1996. Trump denied the claim, stating that he had never met Carroll and that “she’s not my type.” 

Carroll has asked that Trump provide a DNA sample, saying that she has his DNA on the clothing she wore when he allegedly raped her.

Trump’s request to get out of the lawsuit was DENIED today

WTF is Garland doing?! It's a private matter between Carroll and Trump that occurred long before Trump became president and has nothing to do with him being president when the lawsuit was filed.  

Edited to add:  A federal judge already tossed out Trump's claim that the DOJ should defend him. TFG is running out of money and lawyers to represent him.

Edited by LadySkinsFan

14 minutes ago, Larry said:

The same thing he did for his entire time in office.  Abuse his office.  

(And himself.)  

This our current AG Garland and not former AG Barr. From the article.

“I think it’s a mistake by Garland, and I think it’s part of a broader pattern, where he has taken a middle road rather than affirmatively undoing some of the abuses of the Barr Justice Department,” former Southern District of New York prosecutor and CNN’s senior legal analyst Elie Honig, the author of the soon-to-be released book on Barr titled “Hatchet Man,” told Law&Crime in a phone interview.

Back to my commentary:  Garland does need to grow a pair and start putting these miscreants in prison.

Democrat Jay Carey says Rep. Madison Cawthorn brought weapon to school board meeting

A Democrat running against Rep. Madison Cawthorn says the Republican congressman brought a knife to a school board meeting, a criminal misdemeanor under state law.

Cawthorn, who spoke at the Sept. 13 Henderson County Board of Education meeting criticizing a COVID-19 mask mandate, had the knife underneath his wheelchair, according to 11th District candidate Jay Carey. Cawthorn uses the wheelchair following a 2014 car accident. 

"(Rep. Cawthorn) must have feared for his life, seeing as he brought a knife to the meeting," tweeted Carey, of Hendersonville, who was at the meeting and spoke in favor the mandate. The board voted 6-1 keep the mask requirement.

"I’m 100% certain it was a knife," he told the Citizen Times. "I was 20 years in the military. Attention to detail is my bread and butter and what kept me alive."

The Super PAC FireMadison.com posted a picture of the handle next to an image of a knife made by the Mills River company Microtech. The handle looks the same as Microtech's "SBD" knife.

Click on the link for the full article

Edited by China
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Larry said:

Would a lesson about George Washington require parental consent?  Because, you know, George Washington had a gender identity and a sexual orientation. 

Right?  Dude spent his youth bangin' cherries and no one asked me if my son should be taught that.

• Haha 1