Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game of Thrones Season 7

Riggo-toni

11 minutes ago, redskinss said:

Where on earth did they find those monstrous chains, and where in this realm would they possibly have a need to forge chains like that.

I guess im looking to much into it.

and they couldn't swim, but they somehow managed to get the dragon strapped up to pull out the water

21 minutes ago, Mooka said:

Pacing in fantasy just doesn't translate well on film. 

An army of armored knights on horse moves reaaaaally slow. You need an entire community to move an army like that. 10ish miles a day. 

These type of logistics are too boring for this kind of show. Really interesting to read about though. 

It's not that the logistics are far fetched.

The problem is that they spent five seasons really establishing the logistics in this world.

The Hound and Arya.

Jaime and Brienne.

Tyrion and Jorah.

The pacing was very deliberate and we got a sense of the scale of this world - even if we didn't establish a great sense of time.

This year, dudes are going from the Wall to Dragonstone and back again in a matter of seconds - all while winter is supposed to have arrived.

39 minutes ago, redskinss said:

Where on earth did they find those monstrous chains, and where in this realm would they possibly have a need to forge chains like that.

Didn't the Giants use big chains with the mammoths pulling to try to force open the gate at the wall?

Most likely same people that complained that "nothings happening" in S1–S5. 

Football fans, just believe that everyone went no huddle Oregon Ducks/2-minute drill offense with Jim Kelly at the QB. Jim Kelly because it's all going to end tragically. 

Ignoring logistics is a bigger deal than Benioff and Weiss realized. In the earlier seasons when the show at least had some degree of internal consistency, paying attention to the clues and foreshadowing was actually satisfying. 

Now when they try to hint that Benjen's appearances aren't actually deus ex machina, nobody cares because nothing really makes sense in the show anymore. The logistics probably never made sense but they were never this blatantly disregarded.

13 hours ago, Destino said:

I'm half expecting these writers to have Daenerys win the dragon back by running out in front of it and crying while screaming "I know you won't hurt me!  I love you!  You have to fight the night kings influence, I believe in you!"  

This is straight out of the movie Moana.  "This is not who you are, you know who you are."  My 3 year old watches it on loop.  (Good movie, for an animated feature.)  

Ok, so finally in front of a computer to offer some thoughts.  Here we go:

1.  I loved all the dialog between the magnificent 7. They sortof paired up and had conversations.  They were mostly cool, but the 2 that I really enjoyed were Torrmund and The Hound talking about Brienne, and Jon and Jorrah talking about Long Claw.  Both were outstanding exchanges between characters that we like.  

2. The confrontation between Ayra and Sansa was great.  I can totally see where Arya is coming from, but for basiclaly the first time in the entire run of the show, I'm on Sansa's side.  I think since essentially day 1, we have all been fans of Arya.  We root for her, with the hound, with the faceless men, against the waif...  She kills all the Frey's, and we rejoice.  She's been a character that the audience is used to rooting for.  Until this scene.  At least for me.  And I found it SO strange to be taking "the other" side in a scene with Arya.  Of the entire episode, this felt most "GRRM-y."  He loves to take a character who is bad, humanize them, and actually have you rooting for them (think Jamie), and a character that is good, and show their weaknesses. Sansa really has done nothing wrong, and Arya comes at her with both barrels.  I thought for a second that she was going go murder Sansa and take her face.  I'm really interested to see where this goes, because it was a hell of a scene.

3. I don't believe we saw Cercei or Kings Landing at all this episode.  Or Bran.  

4.  1 line was missing.  And _I_ could have written the line.  And it would have made the entire Benjen scene make sense.  "The 3 eyed raven sent me."  That's it.  That's all it would have taken to end all of he teeth mashing about how Benjen appeared at exactly the right place at the right time, just like he did when he saved Bran after The Door.  I don't know why they didn't do that.  If they wanted to be even more obvious about it, they could have shown Bran warged into a raven watching the battle.  

5. I am going on record saying I don't honestly give a damn where they found big chains.to pull up a dragon.  Or how they got the chains on the dragon.  FWIW, I watched an episode of Deadliest Catch where the Nortwestern dragged a chain on the bottom of the sea looking for it's anchor (the line had snapped the night before), they caught it, and reeled it up, and nobody went swimming.  We're talking about an all-powerful, all-knowing Night King.  I'm willing to go with the fact that he could gt chains and pull up a dragon.  If we're going to suspend our disbelief about dragons, then we can suspend our disbelief about chains.

6. I also don't care that it probably takes a raven a bit longer to get to Dragonstone, and then Danny to get to Jon than they showed in the show.  Whatever.  More jet packing, and I just didn't care that much. I think that I've just come tot he realization that because fat ass didn't finish the books and give D&D material to adapt, they ended up spending the entire season 5 stalling, season 6 positioning people, and now they're just trying to get on with their lives.  People will appear in places where they need to be, and I'm good with it.  I don't need 1 battle to last 3 episodes because it takes 8 days to do a round trip to Dragonstone.  

7. Has Tyrian gotten 1 thing right this season? And Danny called him out for it.  

8.  The end scene with Danny and Jon was pretty cool.  I especially picked up on the "I hope I'm worth it" from Danny.  That's the first show of humility we've seen from her in a while.  I also liked Jon calling her "Danny."  That was kindof cute.  Also, if I almost freeze to death in a lake and am rescued by my half-alive uncle, then pass-out, and wake up, I really wouldn't mind waking up to Emelia Clarke looking down at me. Hot damn she looked good.  Fully clothed.  

9.  Going back to Winterfell, if Baelish sneaks out of this one with Bran the All Seeing and Arya the human lie detector, that's going to be harder to suspend my disbelief than the jet packing ravens.  

10.  Ice Dragon.  Cool.  Damn.  

Honorary mentioned to Drogon who has learned to juke and jive.  

20 minutes ago, S.T.real,lights,out said:

Thoughts on the possibility of Snow having the ability to control the dead dragon?

More likely Bran.  

What if the Knight King literally controls the zombies through that warg thing Bran uses? Difference being he controls dead thing to Brans living things. And he had those chains because he knew the dragons where coming as he saw the effing future?! 

7 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

I'm back on board with loving the episode. I was being too critical. Read reddit, you'll change your tunes as well.

I think that that a lot of the "logistics" stuff gets people bothered.

Though I'm not sure if it bothers book readers more than show watchers.  I'm guessing it might.  Because (from what I hear) GRRM was pretty specific in a lot of respects, and this season people have been all over the place.

1 minute ago, Llevron said:

What if the Knight King literally controls the zombies through that warg thing Bran uses? Difference being he controls dead thing to Brans living things. And he had those chains because he knew the dragons where coming as he saw the effing future?! 

If he could see the future, then would he have missed on his second throw?

I do think he knows more than anybody else on the show, though.

Another interesting thought: Bran AND Jon have both sworn to defeat the Night's King.  BUT they haven't bothered to actually find a way to communicate about it directly. 

Seriously, the Stark kids needs group therapy.  Sit and talk to each other.  

I do like the Internet meme going around (there's more than one) with a picture of Bran "I'm the 3 eyed Raven", Arya "I'm a faceless assassin", Jon "I've been brought back from the dead" and Sansa "WTF?!!"

38 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

2. The confrontation between Ayra and Sansa was great.  I can totally see where Arya is coming from, but for basiclaly the first time in the entire run of the show, I'm on Sansa's side.  I think since essentially day 1, we have all been fans of Arya.  We root for her, with the hound, with the faceless men, against the waif...  She kills all the Frey's, and we rejoice.  She's been a character that the audience is used to rooting for.  Until this scene.  At least for me.  And I found it SO strange to be taking "the other" side in a scene with Arya.  Of the entire episode, this felt most "GRRM-y."  He loves to take a character who is bad, humanize them, and actually have you rooting for them (think Jamie), and a character that is good, and show their weaknesses. Sansa really has done nothing wrong, and Arya comes at her with both barrels.  I thought for a second that she was going go murder Sansa and take her face.  I'm really interested to see where this goes, because it was a hell of a scene.

Arya handed Sansa the dagger, and turned her back and walked away. To me, that was saying she trusts Sansa, and that episode seven will be Littlefingers last appearance.

3 hours ago, StillUnknown said:

and they couldn't swim, but they somehow managed to get the dragon strapped up to pull out the water

They don't need to breath.  Swimming is not an essential skill when you can just walk along the bottom. 

3 hours ago, redskinss said:

Those absurd chains would have weighed more than the dragon.  The dragon is a flying creature and as such must be lighter than it looks.  Using those chains to lift it out of the water makes no sense. 

11 minutes ago, Yohan said:

Arya handed Sansa the dagger, and turned her back and walked away. To me, that was saying she trusts Sansa, and that episode seven will be Littlefingers last appearance.

I'm not sure.  I kindof read it as "I can give you this dagger and still kill you.  Look out big sis."  

But I could be wrong.  That was not a warm and cuddly walk-out.

I really wish Sansa would have launched into what Ramsey did to her a little bit and how she escaped. But the Stark kids don't like to share life experiences.  

2 minutes ago, Destino said:

Those absurd chains would have weighed more than the dragon.  The dragon is a flying creature and as such must be lighter than it looks.  Using those chains to lift it out of the water makes no sense. 

You seem caught up on the chains...  

15 minutes ago, Yohan said:

I think she did it to stiffen Sansa's spine, with a little sibling flair of course.

The John/Lady Mormount spiel just reinforces that to me.

13 minutes ago, twa said:

I think she did it to stiffen Sansa's spine, with a little sibling flair of course.

The John/Lady Mormount spiel just reinforces that to me.

That sequence where Arya basically said Sansa should have died before betraying her family ... wow.  That was intense.  The Jon/Lady Mormont digs run deep.  

I thought all of it was fabulous.  I think Arya has kinda gone off the reservation, but we'll see. 

The only issue I have is that for some reason, the way Arya stands seems different and not "her" at all.  It's almost like her training is complete, and now she just carries herself differently.  I dunno.  There's something somewhat weird about it, and I can't put my finger on it.  

9 minutes ago, LadySkinsFan said:

It's called female confidence, when a female realizes her power and shows it. She's a bad ass and earned it. She doesn't give a **** about all those limiting female trappings.

And she will just take your face if she does :silly:

I do think it was about Sansa getting her priorities straight, John would forgive and Arya will let you live(for now) but ya need to straighten up.

38 minutes ago, Destino said:

This is a show where the dead come back to the world of the living, where other dead stay dead but are re-animated by ice gods that are thousands of years old, and where a kid can touch a tree and see the past, present, and future. But the one thing you're hung up on is where the undead horde of ice zombies got a couple of chains? :ols:

Archived