Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game of Thrones Season 7

Riggo-toni

6 minutes ago, Nerm said:

But I do think there could be better ways for writers to address some of the things.  Maybe instead of getting a raven to Danny, Bran could have communicated the info faster, or maybe one of the dragons sensed Jon was in danger like Drogon did when Dany was in trouble.

I think LKB had the best idea for this. Just have Dany go up to East Watch with them and wait at the wall for their return. That way Gendry getting back to East Watch that night and the Dany getting to the lake the next morning makes perfect sense. She was just sitting at Dragon Stone anyway. 

I also like your idea of Rhaegal flying off sensing their danger and then Dany and Viserion going off in pursuit. 

Either way, i still love the season and the show.

Well i thought the show peaked with the Tower of Joy scene anyway even prior to season 7 starting so i wasn't expecting the ending seasons to ever reach Winds of Winter heights again. 

It just seemed impossible to build from that moment which was the culmination of 6 seasons of perfect hinting and planning and actions all coming together. It was a jumping off point for everyone since everyone had their own ideas for how this story would end and where it would go from there and it left a lot of characters in difficult places to navigate satisfyingly. 

Again i think this is why GRRM has taken so long with the last two books. It's really hard to bring all these characters together in a way that makes perfect sense and maintains the high quality that preceded it.

I don't think I've ever dealt with a show where I complained about how slow the pacing was at one point versus how fast it was at another.

And all this flittering around is just creating all sorts of weird questions.

If Dany's dragons can cover thousands of miles in short time periods, why has her isolation always been an issue.

I mean, she presumably could have flown to Westeros from, um, the city with the pyramid, had tea with a potential ally, and flown back in time for dinner.

Legit question and I know I'm being extremely nitpicky: How long did it take HighGarden to fall? I mean, the damn thing is a castle, and the Tyrell forces were at least competent enough to swing the battle against Stannis. Hell, Dany was going to use them to lay siege to King's Landing.

They could have held on for a day or two, correct? Ramsey said he could hold Winterfell for years with just 20 men. Granted, that's Winterfell, but still. That Black Fish dude seemed like he was having no problem hold his castle until his jag nephew ruined everything. The richest family in the world weren't living in a patio house, were they? Lady Tyrell couldn't have sent a raven to Dany and had the dragons come save her ass?

Why hasn't she found Uncle Pirates fleet (which is a far greater problem than the Lannister army) and burned it down yet? That should literally take 30 minutes.

At least the killing of the dragon was legitimately resolved by "a wizard did it." But these things have become plot devices that are legitmately as powerful as they need to be in that particular scene.

Wondering if the Lannister group going to the meeting will include Euron. And if theyll try to make a deal to get the sister Greyjoy back. 

Maybe after failing numerous times as Danys Hand, Tyrion offers himself in the trade. Tyrion goes back to KL with Jaime still around to make sure Cersei doesnt harm him. Jon becomes Dany new Hand. 

11 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

I think LKB had the best idea for this. Just have Dany go up to East Watch with them and wait at the wall for their return. That way Gendry getting back to East Watch that night and the Dany getting to the lake the next morning makes perfect sense. She was just sitting at Dragon Stone anyway. 

I also like your idea of Rhaegal flying off sensing their danger and then Dany and Viserion going off in pursuit. 

Either way, i still love the season and the show.

It also would address a lingering problem I have with Jon and Tyrion sailing all over the damn world in tiny ships while Captain Jack Greyjoy is out there magically teleporting his 90,000 ships around.

I think you could have done something with Jon's relationship with that one dragon, but having it, I don't know, WANT to go with Jon to the North to protect him.

And then having that one die actually means something to a character other than Dany.

Think of that scene on the boat if the dragon had gone with Jon out of some kind of psychic connection.

"I'm so sorry."

"He was my child. But he wanted to be with you. He needed to be with you. I don't know why."

"I never asked for this. Any of it."

Think about it. It makes the dragon rider people cream in their pants. It gives a huge hint to Dany that Jon is special in some way she can't explain or understand. It makes the dragon's death mean something in that it was dying to save Jon by some kind of choice. It also gets the dragon to where it needs to be.

You can do the thing that someone suggested where the other two take off when they sense a fight and Dany is trying to, like, corral them or something.

Then, instead of knowing what she is flying into, she sees the army of the dead AND the death of her child within seconds of each other.

It's still logistically a little weird, but you don't have a guy running a marathon in the snow and a bird flying at light speed and the dragons crossing the continent.

7 minutes ago, CRobi21 said:

Wondering if the Lannister group going to the meeting will include Euron. And if theyll try to make a deal to get the sister Greyjoy back. 

Maybe after failing numerous times as Danys Hand, Tyrion offers himself in the trade. Tyrion goes back to KL with Jaime still around to make sure Cersei doesnt harm him. Jon becomes Dany new Hand. 

I can never remember the rules on previews, but I'm pretty sure the Greyjoy fleet is at King's Landing.

Why would she trade Tyrion to Cersei for What's-her-name? She doesn't hate Tyrion. She doesn't really need What's her name.

And she has no way of preventing Cersei from killing Tyrion once that swap is made.

The whole point of Theon at Winterfell was that if Daddy Creepy caused trouble again, Ned would kill his only male heir.

Also, I really can't imagine a worst Hand than Jon.

Tyrion is bad at war but good at politics.

All of Jon's advice would be "Run into the fighting without really considering any options."

5 minutes ago, TheItalianStallion said:

The funny thing is that these "dragons" aren't even dragons; they're wyverns. Dragons have 6 limbs: their rear legs, their front legs (or arms), and their wings. Wyverns only have 4: their legs and their wings. Wyverns' front limbs ARE their wings. In case anyone cares.

I thought I was really pushing the envelope on nerdiness on this thread.

12 minutes ago, TheItalianStallion said:

The funny thing is that these "dragons" aren't even dragons; they're wyverns. Dragons have 6 limbs: their rear legs, their front legs (or arms), and their wings. Wyverns only have 4: their legs and their wings. Wyverns' front limbs ARE their wings. In case anyone cares.

I'm fairly certain they have front legs. 

Just now, Gamebreaker said:

Oh, you may be right about the arms. But I mean, is that really some kind of defining characteristic between wyverns and dragons? 

(drogon pic)

The distinction exists for a reason. That's the biggest difference, though some have also described wyverns as "smaller dragons," and also that they can't breathe fire in some stories or mythologies. But the most commonly cited difference in characteristics is the front limbs.

43 minutes ago, Lombardi's_kid_brother said:

It also would address a lingering problem I have with Jon and Tyrion sailing all over the damn world in 

And then having that one die actually means something to a character other than Dany.

Think of that scene on the boat if the dragon had gone with Jon out of some kind of psychic connection.

"I'm so sorry."

"He was my child. But he wanted to be with you. He needed to be with you. I don't know why."

"I never asked for this. Any of it."

Thats some godamn oscar worthy **** right there.  Would the dragon start licking Jon at some point?  Tell us more

9 hours ago, Lombardi's_kid_brother said:

The problem is that they spent five seasons really establishing the logistics in this world.

The Hound and Arya.

They did an awesome job with pacing and the scope the world with this one. 

Particularly here end of S4E1 where Arya and the Hound kill some Lannisters and eat chicken. At the time, you'd have to really be paying attention to know that's the Riverlands burning on an order from Tywin Lannister way back from the end of S1. This small scene even gives you a scope of the effects of war on the people and countryside.  

qhzx0hp.png

I love the night king.  Bad ass mofo.  Maybe my favorite character, and he hasn't a spoken a word.

I dunno if I can stand the "just in the nick of time" cheesiness I've seen in the last couple episodes - Jamie getting saved by a Bron with crazy hops, daenyrs showing up just as snow shoulda died for good, and uncle "johnny.on the spot".  Its all TV produced b.s, I know Martin okay ed it, but I bet none of that crap was his idea nor will it be in the final book.  

Im starting to wish that they had just stopped the series until Martin finishes his book.  The TV writers suck.

15 hours ago, TheItalianStallion said:

As opposed to arms? In dragons, you mean?

And the Night King - how can he be a true whitewalker if he has black fingernails? Wights are supposed to be made of ice; hence their fingernails should be transparent and reveal a pale blue skin underneath. It's an unacceptable degree of free license taken by the show's creators.

10 hours ago, Koala said:

I love the night king.  Bad ass mofo.  Maybe my favorite character, and he hasn't a spoken a word.

I dunno if I can stand the "just in the nick of time" cheesiness I've seen in the last couple episodes - Jamie getting saved by a Bron with crazy hops, daenyrs showing up just as snow shoulda died for good, and uncle "johnny.on the spot".  Its all TV produced b.s, I know Martin okay ed it, but I bet none of that crap was his idea nor will it be in the final book.  

Im starting to wish that they had just stopped the series until Martin finishes his book.  The TV writers suck.

Stop watching?

10 hours ago, Koala said:

Stop watching?

Archived