Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game of Thrones Season 7

Riggo-toni

23 hours ago, mcsluggo said:

I still love this show.  and it is beautifully presented, and mostly wonderfully acted.  and the the universe/stage/society that they have built is spectacular.

just... DON'T ....GET... ****ING.... LAZY ... NOW  !!!! 

Hate to say it mcsluggo, but you're speaking to the great beast here.

Its definitely 100% not laziness. Its more a symptom of the complete opposite, a symptom of being #1 and what it takes to a beautifully presented show for 7+ seasons with wonderful acting and all that, etc  etc  

Finding out something doesn't make sense because 7 years ago a sound editor sued them for using 1.3 seconds of him farting, causing a re-shoot of another scene, causing the CGI budget to go over because whatever deal with whatever cloud-servicing company caps at 8bazillionterrabtes forcing a scheduling change where this actor is now in Tahiti for his 8th step-child's best friend's dry cleaner's wedding all while the writer you originally hired slipped on a banana peel... 

etc.etcetc, 

It kinda ruins the fantasy a bit.         :)

- Hollywood 

6 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Can you elaborate on this? I'm not familiar with this theory 

Re the Valaryians as first men? What I recall:

Valaryian steel kills WW

Dragons existed on Westeros

It is common that some come back to the homeland

The first men came to Westeros a long, long time ago before the rise of Valeryia

There were some more specific points about why the First Men came to Westeros in the first place

Jon is the product of ice and fire.  The theory is basically that this is an abomination to the WW. Conversely, the union restored magic and it is the return of magic that called them back.

The most tin-foil is that Bran is actually the top WW.  Another cool one is that the first war never happened and everything is pretty much about Bran setting up defenses for the war to come.

12 hours ago, Darth Tater said:

Jon is the product of ice and fire.  The theory is basically that this is an abomination to the WW.

You mean because be would represent Valyrian and First Men united? 

Why does the theory suggest that is an affront to the WW? 

I like the idea that the WW have returned for a specific reason because I've never liked that they were defeated and just left into exile in the far far reaches beyond the wall and suddenly returned for no reason. Something had to bring them back or be the justification for why the left in the first place. 

I still think Azor Ahai is sort of a fraud in that he didnt actually defeat them as in destroy them but he made a pact or an agreement with them that has been broken for hundreds of years or longer, sparking their return. 

------------------

Sticking to my prediction that LF dies early and Tyrion is the heartbreaking death in the finale. 

If it's not Tyrion it'll be Arya or Sansa. A Stark always dies at the end of the odd seasons. 

A friend of mine has been speculating that the following might happen:

Arya kills Littlefinger

Arya approaches Sansa while wearing Littlefinger's face

Sansa kills Arya, thinking she's killing LF

26 minutes ago, JCB said:

A friend of mine has been speculating that the following might happen:

Arya kills Littlefinger

Arya approaches Sansa while wearing Littlefinger's face

Sansa kills Arya, thinking she's killing LF

I could see it.

And I'd see it happening with Sansa stabbing Arya in the stomach and everybody freaking out about that being able to kill her but it didn't in Bravos lol

---------

I will say, I never would have guessed we'd go through this entire season and neither of the WW or Cersei angles were wrapped up. My prediction was always the Westeros stuff would be completed in the finale and it would end with the wall coming down and the Great War/ Long Night beginning for season 8.  

They have the ability to pull that off this episode with all of the major Westeros players being in the same place for the first time ever. 

Cersei refuses to accept the WW evidence and instead is enraged and focuses her attention on Tyrion. She somehow has a trap set or some evil betrayal of the armistice and will end up killing Tyrion.

Jaime runs to Tyrion instead of sticking with Cersei, showing his true loyalty and they have a tender moment as Tyrion dies in Jaime's arms. Tyrion says something inspiring to Jaime.

Jaime then stands and begins to angrily approach Cersei when she orders the Mountain to stop him, severing any strand of love or hope they had left. The Mountain delivers a killing blow to Jaime and his left hand is crushed by the Mountain but the Mountain is not able to finish him off immediately as at the last moment the Hound steps in the way and those two continue to battle while Cersei in her karmic comeuppance gloats to a dying Jaime that the baby was not real and it was just a way for her to manipulate him. To Cersei's surprise, Jaime is able to knock her to the ground with his gold her and climbs on top of her putting all of his weight on his gold hand which is pressed against Cersei's throat, choking the life out of her. 

The Hound will finally get his long desired vengeance over his evil brother and defeat the Mountain.

Jaime agrees to unite the armies and realm to fight the Night King as he dies. Or he might survive. I haven't decided yet. 

The final clip is the Viserion breathing blue fire (but still hot) on the wall, the magical WW properties somehow destroying and resistance the wall once had causing it to melt and structurally collapse. East Watch flees as the wall melts and crashes into the ocean and the WW storm into Westeros. 

1 hour ago, Riggo-toni said:

I think Viserion will breathe cold into the sea, freezing it so that the dead can circumvent the wall and pass southward.

I have to be honest, this would be extremely unsatisfying.

After thousands of years of the wall being there and the night watch's existence, the very first time the wall is actually tested on the WW and they can just walk around it? I'll be highly pissed. 

5 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

You mean that it could be the waif using Arya's face? 

I think if so, Nymeria would have eaten her. Plus I'm not sure there is any satisfying reason for the waif to want to kill the Freys or return to Winterfell etc 

Who knows, why was that dude whatshisface in season 2 tromping around the war?

But nymeria was growling like she recognized her but didnt trust her, that something was off...

Hopefully the book is smarter when it comes to the army of the dead marching on the Wall. The whole let's kidnap a zombie was the dumbest idea. The Wall would still be standing!

1 minute ago, Fight4RGIII said:

Yo, where is my man Tormund?

He's probably safe. The show seems to have a soft spot for fan favorites right now.

Archived