Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***The All-Encompassing ES Hip Hop Thread***

RonArtest15

15 minutes ago, CrypticVillain said:

Not the first time he's been linked to something like this. He was questioned by police in Toronto about some incidents out there.

Also, from this actor I know, he hangs out with some goons.

People have been at the wrong place at wrong time before, but that bamma is softer then Kashmir, he ain't copin no bodies.  Just caught a story where his friend that got shot and wouldn't offer any help at all on it.  He just sounds like someone trying to get street cred without getting his hands dirty, even this cat who died came back and cleaned up his Twitter on the comment of Drake possibly being involved in his death due to their "beef". 

I just listened to this cat's highest rated hit, I can see why some teenage girls would be upset...has anyone looked into his discography to say I should as well?  Him drawing influences from artists outside his genre and saying he's trying to meld them and rap over them sounds cool, but I need a better example then what I just found (I turned away after 30 seconds).  Also, "suicide over some girl leaving" is weak and the wrong message to be sending the youth, especially these days...tentatively unimpressed.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, CrypticVillain said:

I'm just not listening to someone name "Xxxtentacion".

Sucks that he got shot in broad daylight like that though. Bammas that wanted to record instead of calling for help sucked too...

I'm trying to stay open-minded to this new generation same way I do with outside genres, but maaaaaaaaan, they are making it hard these days. 

A name like that isn't going to throw me off, but I'm done with his discography after like 2-3 songs unless someone can make the case for me to keep looking.  Even though hip-hop is more dominant then its ever been, I've never been this concerned about the direction of the genre. 

Someone is still convinced they are making money so its all good, but no, its not "all good".  The cookie cutter rapper stereotype has evolved into a couple fake ass gangsta slowpokes:

Image result for slowpoke thug life

Edited by Renegade7
  • Haha 2

The only xxxten...... song that I can recommend is Look at Me!  It’s got that typical “Lil” rapper trap beat and vocal sound, but I dig it when I’m working out.

I also read that this kid sampled/copies other people’s music and gave no credit at all.  Who knows, don’t that care that much.

There’s nothing wrong with talking about social injustices.  As long as you’re talking about things that matter.  I think hip hop was brought up on injustice.  NWA for example, they made a name out of it.

You can only rap about drugs, money, ****es and Bentley’s before it gets annoying.

• Like 2

114425-supreme-blientele.jpg

Westside Gunn- Supreme Blientele aka Chris Benoit.

Lo-fi gritty loops.  Street raps and gangster tales.  Nothing new but he executes it well.  This album is about the production though.  Love it through a few spins.  Some of you might know Westside and Conway as part of the Griselda collective that Eminem signed about a year ago.  This is his last independent release before heading under Eminem's label.  

45 minutes ago, RonArtest15 said:

Santeria is the only standout track to me (on Daytona.)  Album is cool, but not good enough for me to cop in full. 

I like that one and If You Know You Know. Thats the problem with so few tracks, they all need to be the strongest cuts. If not, there's not much to go back to.

The Book of Ryan is still my favorite release this year so far

Edited by StillUnknown
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Bacon said:

Just stopping by to say that Pusha T's Daytona is the hardest rap album of the year and deserves multiple plays. 

Its probably my favorite so far.

I think Kids See Ghosts is is decent.  Don’t like Ye aside from 2 tracks.  Nas was meh aside from 2-3 tracks.  Book of Ryan was good but Em stole the show on Caterpillar.  ASAP Rocky - Testing is pretty good.  I kinda liked a few track on Jay Z and Beyonce’s Collab.  J Cole’s new album was good, really liked 1984 on that one.  I think Tyler had a new album out this year that was good too.  Black Panther soundtrack was also good.

44 minutes ago, StillUnknown said:

I like that one and If You Know You Know. Thats the problem with so few tracks, they all need to be the strongest cuts. If not, there's not much to go back to.

The Book of Ryan is still my favorite release this year so far

Caterpillar, bro...woooooo

33 minutes ago, RonArtest15 said:

Caterpillar, bro...woooooo

that song never really stuck with me with some reason, its far down on the list of tracks i like from that album

heard Bomani Jones mention this dude on his podcast the other day, this guy is beast.

• Like 1

Daytona, Saba's Care For Me, the Quelle Chris/Jean Grae collab album and the Jericho Jackson project with Elzhi are my favorites of the year so far.

I also really like the Nas album but it's not top 3 or anything. 

• Like 1