Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***The All-Encompassing ES Hip Hop Thread***

RonArtest15

So I gave Kanye’s album a listen today.  I’ve been a fan of Yeezus and some of Pablo.  Maybe my political convictions have clouded my judgement but it’s not really a good album.  Some decent production, lyrics and content are just kinda meh.

5 minutes ago, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

Yeezus was awful

It was infinitely better than what I heard today.

There was no Black Skinhead, no New Slaves, no Blood on the Leaves, no I am a God on this album.  That’s 4 prettt decent tracks from Yeezus and there’s only 7 tracks total.  Whole album is 24 minutes.  I think he touches on some of the political stuff.  He has a song about Kim Kardashian, a song about his girls, a song about his bipolar disorder.  A song about how we are all just jizz.  

Daytona is dank though.  20 minute solid album from top to bottom.

Edited by Springfield

7 hours ago, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

Boycotting his product. 

I guess, I know some people that won't listen to R Kelly anymore, or cut off Usher because they believe he was knowingly giving women VDs.  If him reaching out to Trump was the straw that broke the camels back for you, I understand.  It's crazy that he's gone from running with Common to MAGA, but that's where we are now.

Image result for kanye west doesn't care about black people

• Haha 1

I mean, how do you go from New Slaves two albums ago to... slavery is a choice on this album.

I listened again.  The first 2-3 songs are decent, then it goes downhill.  Poor Cudi on it too.  Wonder how that collaboration will work out.  Only a week to find out.

• 2 weeks later...

So 2 weeks later, and there are 2 good songs on ye.  Track 2 and 3.  Yikes is a banger for real.  The album sucks but that track is straight fire.

The Cudi/Kanye collaboration is pretty nice though, mostly because of Cudi though.  Reborn is such a smooth song.  Free is good.  Several good good songs.

Lloking forward to see what Kanye can do to Nas in the twilight of his career.

Just now, Cooked Crack said:

That's how I feel. Only 3 songs that I mess with. Adam and Eve is pretty nice though.

First two or three songs are pretty good.  I’ll probably give it another chance later.  I liked ye better after I chilled my opinions about it.  Cudi is nice though.  That and Daytona were standout (relatively speaking).