Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***The All-Encompassing ES Hip Hop Thread***

RonArtest15

New Eminem album, Revival, our December 15.

I decided to listen to the old Green Lantern Invasion mixtapes.  Invasion 2 Conspiracy Theory just destroyed Ja Rule.  Haven’t heard it in 10 years or so.  Eminem just had everyon go in on Ja Rule.  I don’t think there’s been a bigger destruction of a rapper ever.  I wouldn’t wanna rap after that if I were Ja either.

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, StillUnknown said:

I'm a Nas>>>Jay-Z guy, but Ether is overrated

he didn't really go in til that last verse and I think the surprise that it was coming from Nas actually meant more than anything he actually said

JayZ was on Angie Martinez welling up after hearing Ether. 

Ether is not overrated. The fact that we use ether as a verb now shows its power.

"Started ****ing up my weapon, slowly loading up this ammo
To explode it on a camel, and his soldiers, I can handle
This for dolo and it's manuscript, just sound stupid
When KRS already made an album called Blueprint"

Those are bars bro. BARS. 

He called that man a camel, and we been calling Jay a camel ever since.

The shock was Nas joning on Jay like that. It was hilarious.

16 minutes ago, Springfield said:

I always thought Jay Z got the better end of that one, no offense to Nas.

you, and only you. Even Jay knows he ate an L.

Edited by BenningRoadSkin
  • Like 4

On 12/2/2017 at 10:24 PM, Springfield said:

New Eminem album, Revival, our December 15.

I decided to listen to the old Green Lantern Invasion mixtapes.  Invasion 2 Conspiracy Theory just destroyed Ja Rule.  Haven’t heard it in 10 years or so.  Eminem just had everyon go in on Ja Rule.  I don’t think there’s been a bigger destruction of a rapper ever.  I wouldn’t wanna rap after that if I were Ja either.

Ja stopped wanting to rap way before that. :ols:

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

This may be controversial on here, but Eminem's music has aged horribly.

I am in my 30s. I liked the shock of his stuff back when I was younger, but the older I am the more stupid it is.

completely agree, at a certain point, you have to show some growth.  His feature on Dre's last album, is a perfect example.  He was destroying that Medicine Man track, then he couldn't resist himself and threw in a line that had no place in the track, but he needed that shock value. Honestly, its not "shocking", its just stupid

its why I can't rank him that high on my list. my list tends to be more catalog related than peak skill level

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

Ether is a verb. Nas also made "stan" a verb.

Sonically, I think No Vaseline is the best diss track ever, but Ether took down JayZ. People thought he was untouchable until Nas embraced that man with napalm.

I always felt that Eazy's Snoop/Dre Death Row diss never gets talked about a lot these days (him dying, and/Death Row blowing up the rap game) probably has a lot to do with it. But I felt it was on point, and highlights the problem when some dudes in the game try go that route with their lyrics

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

This may be controversial on here, but Eminem's music has aged horribly.

I am in my 30s. I liked the shock of his stuff back when I was younger, but the older I am the more stupid it is.

Couldn't agree more....

He's got a few songs here and there that I like, and I think he's a fantastic rapper...probably top 10/15 all time, but he's just not my cup of tea. 

When most of his old stuff comes on XM, I change the channel w/o thinking twice. 

*edit*

Best diss track (to me)

2nd Round KO. 

Edited by RonArtest15
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

I always felt that Eazy's Snoop/Dre Death Row diss never gets talked about a lot these days (him dying, and/Death Row blowing up the rap game) probably has a lot to do with it. But I felt it was on point, and highlights the problem when some dudes in the game try go that route with their lyrics

Real Compton City Gs is easily the funniest diss video too.

• Thanks 1

I still like a lot of Em’s old stuff, especially SSLP and MMLP.  TES was decent, listened to it recently at random.  He REALLY fell off after that time period, up until MMLP2 for me.  

Either the drugs or the fact that he was producing a lot of stuff with that wacky, silly beat he would throw on everything, it just didn’t work for me.

A lot of it could be how society is now.  You can’t call people faggots, women ****es, sluts, ****s.  Could be that peoples views on things like womanizing has changed.

2 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

I die every time he goes in on Snoop. 100% on point :rofl89:

My joint is just the World Class Wreckin Cru photos of Dre. I was a kid so seeing those pics were funny because I only knew of NWA and Death Row Dre.

Also seeing Sleezy E getting chased.

The 60 lbs in wet in boots line was good against Snoop too.

12 minutes ago, Springfield said:

I still like a lot of Em’s old stuff, especially SSLP and MMLP.  TES was decent, listened to it recently at random.  He REALLY fell off after that time period, up until MMLP2 for me.  

Either the drugs or the fact that he was producing a lot of stuff with that wacky, silly beat he would throw on everything, it just didn’t work for me.

A lot of it could be how society is now.  You can’t call people faggots, women ****es, sluts, ****s.  Could be that peoples views on things like womanizing has changed.

It has nothing to do with the slurs for me.

I dont want to kill my mom. I never did, but I allowed it as a kid. I don't want to hear it as an adult. I also don't want to kill my fiancee either.

Edited by BenningRoadSkin
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

It has nothing to do with the slurs for me.

I dont want to kill my mom. I never did, but I allowed it as a kid. I don't want to hear it as an adult. I also don't want to kill my fiancee either.

But do you like violence?  Do you wanna see him shove nine inch nails through each one of his eyelids?  Do you wanna try ‘cid and get more ****ed up than his life is?

Cause when I was 17 that sounded like a pretty straight idea.

Now that I’m mid 30’s, sure, all that stuff ain’t for me.  But it does bring me back to a time when I had not a care in the world and could relate to crazy stuff.

That said, his music wasn’t all “kill my mom and my wife”.  A lot of SSLP was escapism and growing up through a ****ty life.  Drugs and saying **** everything.

10 hours ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

My joint is just the World Class Wreckin Cru photos of Dre. I was a kid so seeing those pics were funny because I only knew of NWA and Death Row Dre.

"All of a sudden Dr. Dre is a G Thang But on his old album covers he was a she thang"

Killed em

• Like 1
  • Haha 1