RonArtest15

14 minutes ago, daveakl said:

Top 10 female rappers of all time.

Missy Elliott 

vs

Iggy Azalea

I'd say Missy is 4 or 5 and Iggy is 2 or 3

Holy ****, you must be trolling, lolz

Nicki doesn't have much competition from female rappers as of right now, but curious what anyone's top 5 would be.  I think ladies like 90s Lil Kim, Foxy Brown, Mc Lyte, Eve, and Missy deserve to be in that convo, but that's off top of my head.

11 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Nicki doesn't have much competition from female rappers as of right now, but curious what anyone's top 5 would be.  I think ladies like 90s Lil Kim, Foxy Brown, Mc Lyte, Eve, and Missy deserve to be in that convo, but that's off top of my head.

Lady of Rage.

Women rappers are weak sauce to me for some reason.  Lil Kim was probably the best, but maybe it's because she had the best beats.  Her verse on All About the Benjamins was good too.  Eve never really struck me.

33 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

You think Iggy is #1? You are the one being crazy.

44 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Woah.  That video is awesome.  Thanks for introducing me to Brother Ali, I really like this.  I've got big gaps in my knowledge of hip hop.

Brother Ali is easily one of my favorites of all time. Very consistent with his quality, but his debut album Shadows on the Sun is best place to start

16 hours ago, StillUnknown said:

Brother Ali is easily one of my favorites of all time. Very consistent with his quality, but his debut album Shadows on the Sun is best place to start

Brother Ali is like the perfect mix of conscious rap, clever punchlines, storytelling, flow....I'm not sure how that guy isn't more famous, he's got everything.  

1 hour ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Brother Ali is like the perfect mix of conscious rap, clever punchlines, storytelling, flow....I'm not sure how that guy isn't more famous, he's got everything.  

he's an albino Muslim who won't compromise his content for sales

not exactly a marketer's dream.  people within hip-hop, especially other rappers give him the respect he deserves

• Like 1

3 hours ago, StillUnknown said:

he's an albino Muslim who won't compromise his content for sales

not exactly a marketer's dream.  people within hip-hop, especially other rappers give him the respect he deserves

I've watched that freestyle before, it's great.

I guess you're right about why he's not more famous.  Still, he deserves to be more recognized.

Edited by Spaceman Spiff

Immortal Technique is another one that comes to mind in terms of talented rappers that refused to compromise their values for Record Sales, making them hard to market.  A lot of songs I've heard from him are kinda dark, but I don't think he cares.

2 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Immortal Technique is another one that comes to mind in terms of talented rappers that refused to compromise their values for Record Sales, making them hard to market.  A lot of songs I've heard from him are kinda dark, but I don't think he cares.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, abdcskins said:

Dance With the Devil is his most famous song.  Extremely dark and troubling song.  Not real, but he vividly portrays it which makes it sound real.

Totally agree.  That was one of the first songs I heard from him, and even though I gave it a 5 star rating in my music library, I have to be in right mind frame to listen to it.  Still like a couple of his other ones, like "Never Know Why" and "Caught in the Hustle". Think "Freedom of Speech" is his artistic mentality in a nutshell.

Edited by Renegade7
  • Like 1