Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***The All-Encompassing ES Hip Hop Thread***

RonArtest15

As much as y'all tall about how much you love hip hop, not a single response on when i brought up China's crack down on the genre.  I also see nothing has been posted about Russia doing the same thing because they spitting too much truth over there.  I want to look into what kinda of way to get them support, wish the American hip hop community would talk about this more, the entire genre is not dominated by stupid **** like spinning rims, its bigger then that, always has been always will be.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

As much as y'all tall about how much you love hip hop, not a single response on when i brought up China's crack down on the genre.  I also see nothing has been posted about Russia doing the same thing because they spitting too much truth over there.  I want to look into what kinda of way to get them support, wish the American hip hop community would talk about this more, the entire genre is not dominated by stupid **** like spinning rims, its bigger then that, always has been always will be.

More rappers could speak on it but in the end most people not going to care. China has bigger abuses than censoring rap. People should keep making the music and find ways to distribute and listen to it. If you're in China probably invest in a VPN.

5 hours ago, Cooked Crack said:

More rappers could speak on it but in the end most people not going to care. China has bigger abuses than censoring rap. People should keep making the music and find ways to distribute and listen to it. If you're in China probably invest in a VPN.

We absolutely should considering the genre's roots in calling out the social political situation in our own country, turning our back feels wrong as hell.  It's a crack down on free speech as well, about as unamerican as you can get.  Saying they should just keep making the music and use a VPN in countries where people regularly disappear for dissidence was not the answer I was hoping for, to be honest.

My favorite album from this year is Jericho Jackson (Khrysis & Elzhi).  Top notch beats and lyricism.  I know there are a few of you who have heard of Elzhi before.  Dude is monstrous on the mic.  Khrysis produces some head nodding beats with sharp samples.  One my favorite tracks -

Evidence and Roc Marciano also dropped some quality projects.  Not much else caught my attention, kind of a down year in my opinion.

Edited by abdcskins
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, abdcskins said:

My favorite album from this year is Jericho Jackson (Khrysis & Elzhi).  Top notch beats and lyricism.  I know there are a few of you who have heard of Elzhi before.  Dude is monstrous on the mic.  Khrysis produces some head nodding beats with sharp samples.  One my favorite tracks -

Never heard of either of these dudes, but the track you posted goes hard af.  "Puffin' a cigar with a bird I think I'm Hitch****."  whewwwwww :headbang:

@Dont Taze Me Bro dawg I didn't know Wu was still pushing out work like this!  The beat is straight out of 1997, it's so Wu. 

DAMNNNNN! P don't hurt 'em.  Real street ****   :headbang:   

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

ICE is horrible. I hope the next time Dems get the legislature and presidency they end that agency. Its terrible.

Saying that, the 21 Savage story is remarkable. That is not supposed to happen in 2019. Dude probably has a mandem accent forreal yet sounds like he straight out of ATL. How did no one know? His curated persona and fake background is something that belongs in the pre-internet entertainment industry where you can have an "industry age" and backstory.

1 hour ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

All of hte dope names are kinda gone, tbf.

Tekashi Six Nine is cool name, imo. 

Its the "Lils" that bother me more.

That's true. "Lil" immediately died for me when Lil Bow Wow and Romeo came on the scene, and it became childish. There was another Lil around that timeframe (not Wayne).... Short dude, I forget his name, but him too.

Not gonna lie though. A lot of that stuff was insanely catchy. Just mumble a bunch of unintelligible stuff, then drop a heavy "Ugggghhhhhh" over a dope track, have Mystikal drop a verse, and it was golden lol

That dude snared me on something serious, but looking back on it, I feel like someone  reflecting on their time spent in a religious cult, fully rehabilitated  :rofl89:

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Springfield said:

I’m thinking of hitting up the DMX show coming out soon.  20 year anniversary of Its Dark and Hell is Hot.  One of my favorite albums of all time.

I'd be weary of buying a DMX ticket. Afraid he'll be locked up for impersonating another law enforcement official by the time of the show.

Edited by Cooked Crack
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1