Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***The All-Encompassing ES Hip Hop Thread***

RonArtest15

Also, since this thread was bumped I have to mention one thing new.  Logic’s new album Supermarket is great.  It’s more alt rock than hip hop, but I love the sound.  I really love most of what Logic has been putting out lately, ESPECIALLU Keanu Reeves.  He’s really, really grown on me as of late and he’s becoming one of my favorite artists out right now.  Am I old and basic now?

2 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Also, since this thread was bumped I have to mention one thing new.  Logic’s new album Supermarket is great.  It’s more alt rock than hip hop, but I love the sound.  I really love most of what Logic has been putting out lately, ESPECIALLU Keanu Reeves.  He’s really, really grown on me as of late and he’s becoming one of my favorite artists out right now.  Am I old and basic now?

Logic falls into that category of clearly talented and skilled, but I just can't motivate myself to listen to for very long. He can rap, but something has always been missing to me. His voice annoys me, which probably doesn't help.

18 minutes ago, StillUnknown said:

Logic falls into that category of clearly talented and skilled, but I just can't motivate myself to listen to for very long. He can rap, but something has always been missing to me. His voice annoys me, which probably doesn't help.

I like his ability to rap in a classic style over trap type beats.  Since everything is trap now, the fact that he isn’t mumbling is great.  I first heard him on Gang Related a while back and didn’t really dig much of the rest of his stuff but his last few albums I’ve really liked.

8 minutes ago, Springfield said:

I like his ability to rap in a classic style over trap type beats.  Since everything is trap now, the fact that he isn’t mumbling is great.  I first heard him on Gang Related a while back and didn’t really dig much of the rest of his stuff but his last few albums I’ve really liked.

I find that I like listening to him more on features than his own records. 16 bars and out seems to work for him

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/31/2019 at 9:34 PM, BenningRoadSkin said:

RIP Nipsey

I never even really checked for dude when he was alive.  However, it's been really amazing reading about all the good he was doing in his community.  You know he was touching lives when Obama penned a note out of respect to his family.  I ended up buying Victory Lap because all the money goes back to his estate.  I haven't listened to the whole thing, but I'm looking forward to it when I get a chance.  This death, IMO, is right up there with Biggie and Tupac as far as impact on the industry. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, StillUnknown said:

they need to patch that **** into Red Dead 2 expeditiously 

lil dude seem humble too, i don't know whats next for him, but I'm rooting for him

IF he plays his cards right, he can extend his 15 minutes.  This trap/country mashup is catchy and can become a "thing" on college campuses.  I mean, ****...he had TTU singing his joint during the title game run...He needs another banger before college football season. 

• 3 weeks later...
55 minutes ago, Springfield said:

He’s only gotten better over time.  Probably the best rapper out right now.  Kendrick needs to hurry up and put out a new album already.

Definitely, he’s really picked up his delivery. I like the Wiz track a lot and I don’t even like wiz. I was just telling my buddy a Kendrick album for the summer would be dope 

Edited by max21