Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***The All-Encompassing ES Hip Hop Thread***

RonArtest15

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

OK, who else is listening to Bandana this weekend? Damn it's scorching, face-melting heat from start to finish. Crime Pays, Palmolive, Fake Names, Practice, Cataracts, Education...all amazing songs. 

As if Freddie Gibbs and Madlib weren't enough, it's also got Pusha T, Mos Def, Black Thought, Killer Mike and Anderson Paak. Instant classic just like Piñata and a must for any hip hop fan. 

Edited by Bacon
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Bacon said:

OK, who else is listening to Bandana this weekend? Damn it's scorching, face-melting heat from start to finish. Crime Pays, Palmolive, Fake Names, Practice, Cataracts, Education...all amazing songs. 

As if Freddie Gibbs and Madlib weren't enough, it's also got Pusha T, Mos Def, Black Thought, Killer Mike and Anderson Paak. Instant classic just like Piñata and a must for any hip hop fan. 

Gangsta Gibbs be rapping. Pusha might have had the best verse on that album though

Benny dropped a great project too. Its only 7 tracks, but its potent. 

Edited by StillUnknown
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

also

How do you come out of the closet as gay wearing a mask?

He knew that the hip hop community is reluctant to embrace a gay male rapper and the paper i$ important to the bottom line.

1 hour ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

Idk anymore with Frank Ocean and Tyler, The Creator’s successes. I think community embraces good music.

There have always been gay men and women in hip hop. The culture since Latifah came out in 2012, is more accepting. People kinda knew it and she has a stronger stature in hip hop than most.

I was talking about his reluctance indivudually.

• Like 1

I think the community more embracing now but you got to be different. I don't see people accepting an openly gay gangsta rapper quite yet. But it's good we're moving towards progress. Guru could have came out in these times and people would be okay with it. 

• Like 1