Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***The All-Encompassing ES Hip Hop Thread***

RonArtest15

35 minutes ago, StillUnknown said:

Logic is in that weird space of people who can really rap, but I have no desire to listen to their projects

So I liked him when Gang Related came out.  Then I thought he was corny.  Then Confessions of a Dangerous Mind came out and I was all about him.  It’s been a weird journey for me, but I’m fully in his camp cause he’s got skills and he speaks positivity.  Of all the mainstream rappers out now, I like him more than most.

New album from Apollo Brown, a super producer from Detroit, one of the best producers the last decade in my opinion.  This album features all artists from Detroit (Guilty Simpson, Black Milk, Bronze Nazareth, Royce da 5'9, Slum Village, One Be Lo, among many others).

3 hours ago, superozman said:

is there anyone else in here who's a Bone Thugs-N-Harmony fan besides me?

legends in the game, one of the first groups that really made me love rap

I remember putting my ear right to the speaker trying to figure out what the hell they were saying. 4 dudes who could really rap and harmonize, and Wish Bone. Very unique in that regard, hard to replicate and their albums still hold up well over time.

• Haha 1

Brother Ali dropped a surprise album produced by Evidence

gonna have to give that a few spins, Ali has never let me down

4 hours ago, -JB- said:

Yea, the Gang Starr album is dope as hell.  Obviously for what it is trying to piece together unheard Guru verses etc.  Some really hard beats throughout.  Def worth listening to.  

I read somewhere that Preemo had to buy those verses from Solar smh

the game is cold man

Edited by StillUnknown

3 minutes ago, StillUnknown said:

Brother Ali dropped a surprise album produced by Evidence

gonna have to give that a few spins, Ali has never let me down

I read somewhere that Preemo had to buy those verses from Solar smh

the game is cold man

Man, whatever the **** was going on with Solar & Guru it just was off.  It didn’t make no type of sense.  **** was sad.  RIP Guru.

Brother Ali is cold.  I haven’t heard **** from him in a long while but this track he did his thing.

Edited by -JB-

I've been up on Griselda for a while. Daringer is such a dope producer, really good a picking obscure samples and creating dramatic dark beats. Westside's adlibs are definitely a bit irritating, but I just ignore them and consider them funny. Conway is nice as hell. Rex Ryan is one of my favorite tracks from the past several years. Beloved too. 

This new Brother Ali album is dope for sure. He is less preachy on this album but still has introspective and intelligent lyrics. Very nice beats from Evidence. They have a show here in LA on Sunday I may go to, as long as football doesn't interfere. 

• Like 1

On 11/4/2019 at 8:10 AM, StillUnknown said:

Them griselda boys on a nice run right now. Conway is probably my favorite out the group. Only one i dont really listen to is Westside Gunn. Between his voice and adlibs, i cant get into most of his music

No doubt bro.  Westside Gunn be annoying as hell with them corny adlibs.  Only explanation of him rapping alongside

two monsters like Conway/Benny is he founded the **** and is Conways brother lol. Tana Talk 3 is my **** if you haven’t heard that one from Benny.  Daringer’s production on that one is ridiculous.

Edited by -JB-

1 hour ago, -JB- said:

No doubt bro.  Westside Gunn be annoying as hell with them corny adlibs.  Only explanation of him rapping alongside

two monsters like Conway/Benny is he founded the **** and is Conways brother lol. Tana Talk 3 is my **** if you haven’t heard that one from Benny.  Daringer’s production on that one is ridiculous.

this verse put me on to Conway. Nobody in Griselda has dropped one better since

• Like 1

The Cow is definitely one of Conway's most introspective songs.  I'd like to hear him do more stuff like that.

The criticism of Benny is that he rarely strays away from drugs/crime topics in his lyrics.  Mostly street-oriented verses.  However, he is extremely good at it and incorporates vivid themes.  I dig his stuff, he usually gets me hyped.  He often imparts wisdom to upcoming hustlers.  You can tell these dudes aren't playing or lying about the lifestyles they have lived.  

You guys listen to Roc Marciano?  Griselda are basically progenies from his mold.  You can hear his influence in all their bars.  He's definitely one of my favorite MCs of all time.  Here goes that Rex Ryan track I referenced earlier.  Sort of sounds like a mid 90s RZA beat -

Edited by abdcskins
  • Like 1