Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***The All-Encompassing ES Hip Hop Thread***

RonArtest15

The “concerned citizen” was a TMZ employee, according to the documents. They sent the Secret Service an email with a link to an article in the Hill about the song. “I want to know if your agency is investigating Eminem for his threatening lyrics about First daughter Ivanka Trump,” the person wrote.

TMZ some snitch ass ****es.

I mean I was trying to keep the politics and the music separate and appreciate him for the music he puts out... but now the music sucks.

Listened to the new album again today and it’s just not good.  ****in Jesus Walks came out like 15 years ago and the production value of that song is WAY better than anything on this album.  Even though Ye was a complete mess, at least that album had Yikes which was an instant banger.  This album has literally no songs like that.  Plus, the whole god is king concept lacks authenticity after listening to Kanye rap about orgies, bleached assholes, experimental drugs, and other bombastic **** for the last 15ish years.

Who knows, maybe this album will be considered great art in 5 years and everyone will love it, like 808’s (which still sucks IMO).

1 hour ago, Springfield said:

I mean I was trying to keep the politics and the music separate and appreciate him for the music he puts out... but now the music sucks

Honestly, I stopped marking for Kanye around when 808's came out. Was the first time I felt like he was starting to change and became way too overproduced. But he probably couldn't have been more popular.  Reminded me a bit of OutKast/Stankonia.

Even then, he was still my dude, so I supported him again with Dark Twisted Fantasy, and at that point I started to wonder if dude was mentally right in the head with some of the lyrics/subject matter, and again, x2 times over with more overproduction. That caused me to take a break and not even bother with Watch The Throne, but it was always on the to do list. Now it aint.

Cant even be about the music for me. I'm heavy into an emcee's subject matter,  and few mainstream cats spoke truth like peak, moderately sane Kanye. Listening to that now would just be an insult to my intelligence, knowing his true self is out there now.

The fact that he "Found God" is the best part too. It's the last gasp for desperate people who know they're about to go under. Thought he was walking with Jesus this whole time anyway. Dumbass 😂

• Like 1

I think Kanye is one of the most overrated artists of our generation.  Even his early stuff wasn't that good (although he had some bangers for sure).  His production over time has gotten worse and worse.  His best beats were probably on Common's albums, Be and Finding Forever, very dope.  His rapping has never been good, his flow, voice, and lyrics are all mediocre.

Artists at some point always branch out and try to make different music, as they should because art should be about pushing the envelope and different forms of expression, but his music is just straight up bad.  Whether that has anything to do with his unpredictable self-important personality is debatable. 

18 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Only part I agree with is his stuff with Common. Be is one of my favorite albums of the '00s

A generation of people will never believe that the dude from the A.I. commercials got classics in his bag

Edited by StillUnknown
  • Like 1

On 10/25/2019 at 8:46 PM, Springfield said:

Yeah, Kanye’s been a bit off since Pablo.  Yeezus is still a top Kanye album for me.  I admire that he’s trying to experiment,  but these albums that come in less than 30 minutes are just strange. 

Yeezus was TRASH.

With that said, I can’t front...

This beat does go hard! Ha