Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Press Release: STATEMENT FROM #REDSKINS PRESIDENT BRUCE ALLEN

TK

Dan Snyder isn't a Redskins fan.  He never has been one.  He's just suckered everyone into believing that he really cares just because he sells nostalgia and yesteryear like it really amounts to a hill of beans.  Who gives a **** about 1987?  Seriously!  Who gives a flying **** that Bruce Allen is the son of George Allen?!  Why should I give a **** about that?  Bruce Allen & his yellow pants can go to hell for all I care.  Whatever happened to caring about the here and now?? You sell us garbage and cover up the stench by parading around the past like it's relevant today.  No offense, but what Art Monk did in 1983 doesn't mean **** to me.  Joe Theismann doesn't mean **** to me.  Keep selling the past to nostalgic fans who live in the past.  Dan Snyder doesn't give two ****s about you, you or you.  As long as his pockets stay fat and he's in complete control he's gonna continue to do what he's done.  His ego is too massive to ever change.  **** him.

I call BS.  I blame the Cousins fiasco on Allen  I think it was a power struggle between SM and Allen.  It sounds like SM was not so high on Grudes as we were led to believe and Allen protected his coach.  I am sure SM had his issues, but please take some responsibility Allen.

Bottom line above all else is the common denominator.  All the misery, failure and stupidity we have seen from the front office all has just thing in common.  Doesn't matter what role he played, plays or will play, the buck stops with him.  The only question is the same question we have asked for many years, will the skins ever win while he owns the team?

Tough tough tough day to be a fan.  When Cousins go, going to be just plain sad.

Game of Thrones, Redskins edition

I guess Bruce Allen would be Joffrey Boratheon, incompetent sociopath living off his dads name.  Which would make Scott McCloughan  Eddard Stark right?

This is fun.  Dan Snyder can be the Mad King.  

3 minutes ago, zoony said:

I guess Bruce Allen would be Joffrey Boratheon, incompetent sociopath living off his dads name.  Which would make Scott McCloughan  Eddard Stark right?

I'd rather Dan be Theon circa Season 3 ;)

4f0EIIl.gif

26 minutes ago, Stormy said:

None of the Allen side of the story rings true. Unnamed sources saying Scot has had 'multiple drinking infractions' and that it was a 'nightmare for 18 months' etc... That's odd, as that 18 months was one of the first times in two decades that have consisted of consistent winning and a lack of PR drama. Seemed like anything but a nightmare. Scot is exiled less than a month ago, and the dysfunction returns instantly. Coincidence? I attend minicamp and training camp, and I've rarely seen a Skins team more cohesive, with players who love their GM. 

If your GM shows up drunk all the time at practice and games, you send them home and fire them the next time it happens. You don't ignore it for 18 months, somehow keep it secret, and then fire him right before the Combine/FA/Draft while lying about family matters. 

This F.O.'s version of events doesn't hold water, as usual. 

Sorry but no offense, teams are cohesive because of coaches and coordinators. Even Bill Polian himself has said players don't really care about the GM for the most part. Thats more of an endorsement of Jay than Scott.

The lack of circus or drama was because of cutting ties with RGIII and shanny, which was the medias target. There wasn't anything to pick apart yet.

So we will probably never know what happened because of privacy.  I think there is a better than 90% chance he had a relapse.  After all, for those that live with that demon, it happens pretty often so it would not be shocking.  I think if there was a philosophical difference they would have come out and said, we have a difference of opinion in how to build this team so we are going in a different direction.  But because of privacy they can't say anything and for that reason it I believe that is the issue.

I am as disappointed as any other fan but we must admit, this was always a possibility.  The guy got fired from his last job for drinking.  People who have these issues unfortunately frequently have relapses so this was always a huge risk.  I would even argue it was a bad hire for that reason.  This organization needed sustained stability and it was a huge risk hiring someone with his history.  As it turns out, the dumpster is on fire again and it hurts even more because he was doing good things. 

10 minutes ago, zoony said:

Snyder is the only candidate for Joffrey at this point

I'm actually finally happy something factual came out. Even though I don't like the news, it's a calming feeling to actually have it finally end instead of the constant speculation. Dominos will start to fall now I think and players will tweet their opinions about this to give us more of a feeling of what's been happening behind scenes. It appears everyone wants Cousins tossing them the ball, maybe Scot was the obstacle to keep the locker room together. Seriously though, who knows. 

51 minutes ago, The Sisko said:

Welp. Having a team run by someone who actually knew what the hell he was doing was nice while it lasted. The way this went down has all the hallmarks of a smear job on Scot. He may have been drinking again but that wasn't the core issue. It was Allen's jealousy and desire to be the head honcho again, even though he's about as empty as suit as there is anywhere in DC. And that's saying something these days.

As others have said, I'm done. I'm not jumping ship, I just don't care any more. Besides, Les Boulez have come riding in like the cavalry with what looks like a really good squad set to make a deep paloff run, so that'll give us something to feel good about in the wake of this dumpster fire.

The Wizards are the main reason I'm not freaking out about the Skins.

At one point I loved the Skins but they've just driven all the passion out of me. It's just "whatever" at this point...

Archived