Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Press Release: STATEMENT FROM #REDSKINS PRESIDENT BRUCE ALLEN

TK

So there's reports about the alcohol culture in the offices....makes a lot of sense to bring in GMSM into an environment. The hypocrisy in this organization is astounding. Forget if it was Deadspin or The Big Lead, but even officials with the 49ers and Seahawks are angry on Scott's behalf. I truly wonder if GMSM would have resigned Kirk by now or if the decision to not do it thus far came from above. 

Lots of jumping to conclusions concerning who did what and why, we will probably never know the whole truth.  My completely uninformed opinion is there is enough blame to go around to all.  It sounds like SM's actions made it easy on the Redskins to fire him and they handled the situation very poorly.  Football operations are still happening so whoever is in charge needs to stay engaged.  The business part of football is often not very pretty.

4 minutes ago, evmiii said:

Lots of jumping to conclusions concerning who did what and why, we will probably never know the whole truth.  My completely uninformed opinion is there is enough blame to go around to all.  It sounds like SM's actions made it easy on the Redskins to fire him and they handled the situation very poorly.  Football operations are still happening so whoever is in charge needs to stay engaged.  The business part of football is often not very pretty.

I think that's fair.  People are making a mistake in giving McCloughan all of the benefit of the doubt given his history.  And people are willing to believe everything that's been reported about the situation, but pay no mind to the part about him just up and disappearing in a fit of pique for three days right before the combine?  I mean, wtf are you supposed to do after that happens?  He's forcing you to fire him.

It really stinks seeing this much dysfunction with my favorite team.  There seems to be 2 predominant story lines to this situation and both are very unfortunate due to what appears to be irresponsible/unprofessional actions by multiple people.

I think it would go a long way to mending things up if a public announcement was made that Bruce Allen will NOT be handling GM duties.  Give Jay Gruden the GM duties for the next 2 years and continue to let Eric S. handle the financials.  Those 2 individuals should have the strongest voices on who and how to build this team.  Bruce can still have his vote on things because it never hurts to get an outside opinion, but let football people make football decisions.

3 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

I think that's fair.  People are making a mistake in giving McCloughan all of the benefit of the doubt given his history.  And people are willing to believe everything that's been reported about the situation, but pay no mind to the part about him just up and disappearing in a fit of pique for three days right before the combine?  I mean, wtf are you supposed to do after that happens?  He's forcing you to fire him.

If we are making the mistake of giving Scot the benefit of the doubt AFTER the fact then the two dumbasses in question are guilty of such hiring the man in the first place. Even if the worst being suggested about him is true scot failed US once. The whole debacle is just another in a very long list of ineptitude for Snyder and Allen. 

Zombie have solution to whole problems fellow Skins fans you never fear!

Skins hire Zombie as new GM!

Zombie knows lots and lots about which players are good and which ones should stay in compost heap. Being undead have advantages as it provide many many years experience!

ZOMBIE FOR GM HTTR!

6 minutes ago, Horde of Zombies said:

Zombie have solution to whole problems fellow Skins fans you never fear!

Skins hire Zombie as new GM!

Zombie knows lots and lots about which players are good and which ones should stay in compost heap. Being undead have advantages as it provide many many years experience!

ZOMBIE FOR GM HTTR!

Get a life, dude. 

(I hate that I cant help but read these posts in that stupid as voice) 

6 minutes ago, Llevron said:

Get a life, dude. 

(I hate that I cant help but read these posts in that stupid as voice) 

Zombie think maybe you need to "lighten up Francis" as the fleshies like to say and get sense of humor. Maybe Zombie make you adult beverage? Zombie make a good Zombie! HA! Zombie make a funny!

Zombie says HAIL!

1 minute ago, Horde of Zombies said:

Zombie think maybe you need to "lighten up Francis" as the fleshies like to say and get sense of humor. Maybe Zombie make you adult beverage? Zombie make a good Zombie! HA! Zombie make a funny!

Zombie says HAIL!

Saying get a life to a Zombie was my idea of a joke, lol. My bad maybe it was just that stupid but it amused me lol 

(and I cant stop reading your posts in that voice, this amuses me) 

Edit: On topic -- its a pretty dirt bag move of this team to end things the way the way they have with this guy, on the day they did it, with zero explanation. Its stupid to think the fans will just get with the program on this one. Laughingly bad at PR is one thing. Being assholes to your own fans is a new step for them. 

2 minutes ago, Llevron said:

Saying get a life to a Zombie was my idea of a joke, lol. My bad maybe it was just that stupid but it amused me lol 

(and I cant stop reading your posts in that voice, this amuses me) 

Ahh Zombie understand now! Sometime having rotting brains make poor sad Zombie slow on uptake... Lurking about Reedskin Park looking for lunch makes a poor Zombie go hungry a lot too... this does not help.

Edit: On topic -- its a pretty dirt bag move of this team to end things the way the way they have with this guy, on the day they did it, with zero explanation. Its stupid to think the fans will just get with the program on this one. Laughingly bad at PR is one thing. Being assholes to your own fans is a new step for them. 

On ‎3‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 2:06 AM, wilco_holland said:

Weird timing. No info. 

Very low of the team to use excuses like his Grandmothers funeral. I don't like the way we handled this at all, like with this statement keeping the alcohol probleme open. They should have put more time in a proper statement. I also don't get why this crappy statement not has been made before the combine. 

My guess is; neither does Cousins! The rumors coming out of Skins land are that Kurt is telling people he will be playing in San Fran this season or next...for what rumors are worth?

He apparently has also said; he will not negotiate a new contract with Bruce Allen. I think Kurt is a pretty leveled headed, fair person, sounds like he's really sour on the behind the scene backbiting that has been the Redskin M-O since Snyder has taken over!

I think most of us can write the ending to this story....it's the same as every other ending under Snyder!!

22 hours ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Exactly! Bruce, whether you like him or not lied about the situation to keep Scots business in house. 

22 hours ago, onedrop said:

If we are making the mistake of giving Scot the benefit of the doubt AFTER the fact then the two dumbasses in question are guilty of such hiring the man in the first place. Even if the worst being suggested about him is true scot failed US once. The whole debacle is just another in a very long list of ineptitude for Snyder and Allen. 

So, now it's the FO fault for hiring Scot, when everyone was onboard with it???? We all knew **** well Scot had issues before he was hired here. He admitted that he had a problem, Synder gave the man a chance. Scot blew it!!!!! Now, you can blame Bruce that he didn't tell the truth. But had he told the truth, that would look real bad for Scot. 

"How come Scot is not at the combine"??

Bruce: "oh, he's been sent home because he has been drinking. It's been a problem for the last 18 months. We've had enough"!!!!

You don't do that!!!!!! They didn't send him home for the fun of it. If there were arguments, so ****ing what! Every FO has arguments. To think otherwise is ridiculous.

21 minutes ago, maskedsuperstar said:

So, now it's the FO fault for hiring Scot, when everyone was onboard with it???? We all knew **** well Scot had issues before he was hired here. He admitted that he had a problem, Synder gave the man a chance. Scot blew it!!!!! Now, you can blame Bruce that he didn't tell the truth. But had he told the truth, that would look real bad for Scot. 

"How come Scot is not at the combine"??

Bruce: "oh, he's been sent home because he has been drinking. It's been a problem for the last 18 months. We've had enough"!!!!

You don't do that!!!!!! They didn't send him home for the fun of it. If there were arguments, so ****ing what! Every FO has arguments. To think otherwise is ridiculous.

Yes, it is the responsibility of the person doing the hiring for the people they deem to be in control. Let's say Scot blew it, so now he's gone, as he should be. Either way Snyder and Allen failed US, AGAIN. By botching an otherwise positive movement or by hiring an addict because no one else of quality can be lured here due to their historical incompetence.

It's not a competition over who among THEM is right or wrong it's about US constantly being screwed....by the same two dumbasses. the truth of what happened is probably somewhere in the middle of what we hear. As to intra organizational arguments I have no clue what you are talking about as I never even thought about or mentioned that at all. Unfortunately you'll have to have that particular debate with yourself. Maybe you can win that one.

How are WE getting screwed?  The FO doesn't have a responsibility to do anything other than what THEY deem necessary to put a good product on the field.  All of you who are justifying SMs drinking, get up Monday morning, drink a bunch of alcohol and show up to work intoxicated and see what happens.  You may do it a couple of times (which he did), your company may try to get you help (it was reported they did) but continue and you will be out of a job (they fired him).  If the firing was without merit, you best believe there would already be legal action by SM and his agent against the team and there hasn't been.  

Some of you HATE Bruce and Dan and because of that, are trying to find a way to blame them for this crap with SM!  Dan hired him KNOWING about his past, but still gave him a 2nd chance, if anyone should feel like he got screwed with this, it should be Dan.  If Bruce comes out and says Scot is drinking again, then fans rip into Bruce for not protecting Scot and should keep information in house, if Bruce tries to keep information in house (which he did), he is then ripped for not being honest with the fans.  Either way, he gets blamed.  In adult land, there are consequences for doing the wrong ****, well, Scot did some wrong **** and was fired! 

On ‎3‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 8:57 AM, onedrop said:

I do not agree with this at all. That's too easy to just blame Snyder and Allen. Scot has a great talent. He is very good at evaluating talent. The team needs that skill set. They gave him a chance. He and the team failed each other. With alcoholics, they just start drinking a bunch all at once. It's gradual. ALso, those power struggles could have more to do with Scot being more drunk than not. It's hard to take someone serious.

Again, people are totally missing the part that Scot walked away. He left the team and decided not to go to the combine. I am in no way saying the team is blameless. I am just not sure why they can't seem to handle these things more gracefully.

Just because they knew it was a risk does not mean it was a mistake. They tried. It did not work out so you move on. In the end, they had no choice to be separate. But they tried. That/s not ineptitude. That's trying but it not working out. There is a huge difference.

Archived