Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moose & Squirrel v Boris & Natasha: what's the deal with the rooskies and trumpland?

Jumbo

Just for the record Trump Jr met with Russian nationals at Trump hotel to get dirt on Hillary emails and left after it turned out to be "adoption" talk....., but no collusion.... And Trump senior lied to the press and American people about this as well....ok...sure

Edited by killerbee99
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, visionary said:

Imagine if after the Starr Report, Clinton’s AG, Janet Reno, wrote new regulations governing Special Counsels, and to whom the report is delivered?

The Starr Report was the result of an Independent Counsel investigation, and was governed by completely different DoJ regulations. Why do people keep posting **** that is intended to make it look like this administration is somehow changing the rules (in this specific instance)? They followed the rules that are in place. 

5 hours ago, clietas said:

One side plays by a different set of no rules. 

Nope. Selective reading on some people’s part. And these commentators going on TV and the radio and pods stating that this administration is moving the goalposts with handling the report is fanning flames. The rules were in place from the beginning. The report was to be delivered to the AG. He makes the decision on whether it ever gets released (with obvious challenges likely by Congress). 

4 hours ago, visionary said:

When this all gets investigated, I do hope we'll get Barr and Whitaker, etc's texts and emails like we did with FBI agents.    😉

What is going to be investigated, exactly?

5 hours ago, visionary said:

When this all gets investigated, I do hope we'll get Barr and Whitaker, etc's texts and emails like we did with FBI agents.    😉

Did you know we are still waiting on those texts and emails?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, killerbee99 said:

Just for the record Trump Jr met with Russian nationals at Trump hotel to get dirt on Hillary emails and left after it turned out to be "adoption" talk., but no cillusion.... And Trump senior lied to the press and American people about this as well....ok...sure

Yeah, and why I suspect there's lots to come.

"Russians tried to reach out to Trump campaign but were rebuffed."

"If it's what you say it is, I love it."

Unless Don Jr grew a conscience, something stinks.

Which begs the question, does that Russian lawyer lady count as "Russian Government?"

the Starr report was the very definition of a "witch hunt"

It began to find corruption and underhanded money dealings in a failed land deal called Whitewater, and  after 4 YEARS.... settled on a blowjob with an intern that had absolutely nothing to do with any of the original investigation in order to impeach on grounds that had absolutely nothing to do with the original investigation.

Sounds like a precedent to me, and one that should fall under the heading of "Shut the **** up, this is what happens when you go hyper-partisan and break the system. Now we are stuck with what you have wrought."

Any time anyone ignores a question and falls to "what about"... they are part of the problem, period. doesn't matter which side..  grow the **** up, and do what is RIGHT and not what makes your team smell better, or as is more often the case, makes the other one smell worse.

Time for the adults in this country to behave like adults.

we claim the congress is broken... well, reading how most people approach any of these problems, these self-serving greedy ****s are exactly representative of us. Most people never step out of their team's shadow, even when they are wrong and playing the game they claim the other side plays.

Want change?
Then change.

Because if all anyone cares about is the partisan bull****, so long as everyone just dances to the tunes, then that is all we will ever get.

~Bang

Edited by Bang
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, killerbee99 said:

Just for the record Trump Jr met with Russian nationals at Trump hotel to get dirt on Hillary emails and left after it turned out to be "adoption" talk., but no cillusion.... And Trump senior lied to the press and American people about this as well....ok...sure

Actually, 

1)  It was Trump Jr, Kush, and his campaign manager.  (Was that Manafort at that time?)

2)  And "left after it turned out to be adoption" is what they claimed happened, after first trying to claim that no meeting took place (and the evidence proved they were lying), then trying to claim that they didn't know she was Russian (and the evidence proved they were lying), and then trying to claim that it wasn't about the Russian government helping them (and the evidence proved they were lying).  It's "well, you don't actually have recordings of what was said in the room (we hope)".  

3)  And "it was about adoption" is the standard Russian propaganda claim, when the topic of discussion is removing sanctions on Russia.  See, what happened was, Russia invaded Crimea, US imposed sanctions on Russia, Russia retaliated by not allowing Americans to adopt Russian children.  When Russians "talk about adoption", what they say is "if you remove the sanctions you put on me for invading another country, we'll allow you to adopt our children, again."  Literally, the Trump campaign is getting their lies from Russia.  

4)  And, just a few hours after "the meeting at which all they talked about was adoption, and which Trump had no knowledge of whatsoever, before or after", Donald Trump announced at his very next speech that his campaign had just made arrangements to get a lot of dirt on Hillary.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, twa said:

Did you know we are still waiting on those texts and emails?

I still know that you're not.  

Proof:  We've seen the emails.  Proudly waved with joyous cries of proof, proof I tell you, that the entire FBI is completely overrun by tree hugging liberals who hate the rule of law and will fabricate anything in order to overthrow anyone conservative.  

Yes, I'm certain that your team is demanding more.  

It's what you do.  Demand everything in the world.  Go through it for anything that you can build a lie around.  Lie your asses off about what you've found.  Demand more, so that you can do it again.  

Oh, and then try to claim that somebody else is doing what you're actually doing.  

• Thanks 2

45 minutes ago, DogofWar1 said:

Yeah, and why I suspect there's lots to come.

"Russians tried to reach out to Trump campaign but were rebuffed."

Actually, the latest Trump lie about that meeting, that well, they met with her to discuss having the Russian government help with the campaign (that's what their own email said the meeting was going to be about), but once the meeting started, all the Russians wanted to talk about was adoption, so we left"?  

That would be more accurately described (if it were true) as "The Trump campaign tried to collude with Russia about getting the Russian government to help our campaign, but the Russians rejected us."  

:) 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, killerbee99 said:

That is whats mind bogling about the whole thing.....They met with a representative of the russian government... It will all come out eventually... It always does

Now it wont matter when it does. They control the flow of info in the country and their voters will not care or see when the truth comes out. They dont trust the media, they dont trust muller they dont trust congress and they dont trust the DOJ....it wont matter. 

Just a reminder that Putin’s Russia is a pseudo-Christian, Ultra-capitalist, White Power ethno-state.  Rock-solid proof that Trump and/or the GOP were conspiring with Russian hackers or agents to disrupt elections and disenfranchise the political interests of American minorities will do nothing to erode the support of Trump’s base.  In fact, it will strengthen it.

An America with its domestic policies philosophically aligned with Putin’s dogma is their goal and they are all in.  

Don’t believe me?  Take a look at crabbypatty and her “McStain” schtick.  A military war hero who dedicated his life to advancing conservative causes within the GOP was cast aside and slandered because he dared to push back mildly against TrumpKlan’s advance.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Larry said:

That would be more accurately described (if it were true) as "The Trump campaign tried to collude with Russia about getting the Russian government to help our campaign, but the Russians rejected us."  

:) 

Exactly.

Somebody is microwaving fish in here.

This is the "Sure there are WMD's strategy" of just lie about it for so long, that by the time the inevitable comes to light, it feels like old news.  By the time both sides of the aisle (for the most part) were acknowledging there weren't WMD's the damage was already done. Hell GWB himself was making jokes about it at the correspondents dinner eventually.

I think right now, outside of a small fringe of Trump die hards, most people honestly feel Trump is dirty, maybe not to the extent of criminal actions, but somewhere in all of this mess he has done enough, or allowed enough, or gone along with enough to taint his Presidency, however under that umbrella of folks who believe that it is of course varying as to what should be done about it.  

Eventually the fog on all of this will be cleared and we will find out what was really going on and who was involved and who has been lying (more than we already know some of them have been).  However, it will likely have the "this is old news" effect by then and whatever shady deals were made during the process will have been long been done and over with and little repercussions will happen. 

This just seems to be the pattern with people in power.  It's like people respect the office of the President so much more than whoever the given President at the time is, they will go out of their way to minimize or just outright deny any President could do such things in the name of protecting the the phony "American Exceptionalism" idea. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, killerbee99 said:

It will all come out eventually... It always does

It’s already out. He has repeatedly sided with a hostile foreign government and against the interests of the United States in the face of unprecedented cyberattacks designed to destabilize our democracy because he wanted to build a hotel. Him and his team and the entire GOP have repeatedly lied, obstructed every effort to investigate, and scandalized our intelligence agencies, the justice system, the free press, and any other institution of democracy that could undermine their chances of retaining power.

People don’t care. It’s worth it to them to let Russia attack us if it will stop another repeat of Obama passing the healthcare reform bill that was originally proposed by Republicans back when they still cared about serving US citizens.

Re: the Trump Tower meeting... recall too that they lied that Trump  didn’t hear about it until much later.  Then they lied that the whole phony “adoption” statement was written by Don Jr. - but then it turns out Trump himself wrote that statement. Because when you have to drop a whopping turd of a lie, leave it to the professional.

• Haha 1

I think I have finally accepted that nothing is going to happen to him before hiss term is up (many here called it from the beginning, but I just refused to accept it).

I hope we vote his ass out, and when he no longer has 1600 Penn ave to protect him, I hope he gets hit with a cat 5 ****storm that lands him in prison.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

I think I have finally accepted that nothing is going to happen to him before hiss term is up (many here called it from the beginning, but I just refused to accept it).

I hope we vote his ass out, and when he no longer has 1600 Penn ave to protect him, I hope he gets hit with a cat 5 ****storm that lands him in prison.

It isn't looking good, but I'm not there yet till we see nothing come from the Dem's getting a hold of the Mueller Report and more importantly whatever it is SDNY, EDVA, and others got cooking.

• Like 1

despite all the efforts, juts or unjust, by others to end his term/admin, don't overlook the likelihood that trump may still be his own undoing even if it seems now like he's never going to be held accountable for so many things that arguably would have brought any previous admin down

• Like 2