Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moose & Squirrel v Boris & Natasha: what's the deal with the rooskies and trumpland?

Jumbo

I'm wondering. Watched the morning news, and Meet The Press. And it looks like the story they're running with is how the media bought into the whole notion about Trump and Russia, and only now after three years are we admitting that the whole thing was a myth, all along. 

Really?  

I mean, I was under the impression that it was conclusively proven that the top three members of the Trump campaign cleared time on their schedules so that they could meet with a person they knew was a representative of the Russian government, for the stated purpose of finding out how to get the Russian government to help their campaign. That within hours after that meeting, Donald Trump stood on a stage and announced that his campaign is about to receive vast quantities of dirt on Hillary. And that in a few weeks, the Russian government released emails which the Russian government had stolen. 

In short, collusion is a known fact, and has been for years. OK, there's no proof that Trump, personally, knew that the Russian government was directly helping him, before the meeting. But he absolutely knew about it within hours after the agreement. (And enthusiastically agreed with it. To the point of bragging about it in public.)

And somehow, I'm pretty sure that it has not been proven that this event did not occur. 

So so where is the supposedly-dishonest-liberal media getting this narrative that the takeaway, here, is "how did the media buy into the Trump-Russia myth"?

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

I had a strange dream that a few months after inauguration Trump took a meeting in the Oval Office with a Russian official and one of their media people, kicked out everyone else never told his Intel chief he was going to do it, and reportedly gave up classified info about an israeli operation..   

then he and a 7 GOP cronies spent the 4th of July in closed door meetings in the Kremlin, right after our Intel agencies concluded they had interfered in our elections in hopes of putting trump in office. 

And then, i know, dreams get all weird .. Trump removed protections designed to prevent further meddling and slashed funding to agencies trying to thwart Russian cyber warfare.

And all the while he praised them and **** all over our own military leadership and every single bit of our intel community as tey tried to warn him about what the Russians are doing.

Meanwhile Russian TV and other pundits laugh in public and openly call him their puppet.

And then after all of the investigations into all of these weird coincidences that look like treason were closed down by an appointed stooge who publicly declared that he would close it down before ever knowing anything about the investigation.. they gave us a 4 page synopsis of a 700 page report and declared it all to be bull****...  and people immediately believed it.

It'd be nice to wake up sometime.

~Bang

Edited by Bang
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, visionary said:

See, this was actually one argument against there being a really defined and focused. criminally prosecutable conspiracy with Russia by Trump and his people that I sorta bought. Overall these are people who are so incredibly inept, disorganized, and stupid that most of the collusion found (which was out in plain sight), while obviously showing that they had no problem accepting this help, wasn't going to rise to the level of something organized enough to be indictable as a conspiracy to defraud the US, etc. 

That being said, I still think that Trump and his business has some serious ties to dirty Russian money that could cause him to be compromised. To me that's an even bigger issue and it sounds like SDNY is mostly on the case there but hopefully the House will get his tax returns as well.

• Like 1

Hold on. Are you telling me that majority of the public isn’t willing to go along with the vague memo written by Trump’s DoJ AG, who he appointed after criticizing the previous one for not shutting down investigations into him? 

1. The cable news media is stupid and continues to cover Trump like morons. 

2. Trump has done so much damage to himself already, a good majority of the country has tuned him out. It will take a miracle for this person to be re-elected in 2020. 

2 hours ago, mistertim said:

See, this was actually one argument against there being a really defined and focused. criminally prosecutable conspiracy with Russia by Trump and his people that I sorta bought. Overall these are people who are so incredibly inept, disorganized, and stupid that most of the collusion found (which was out in plain sight), while obviously showing that they had no problem accepting this help, wasn't going to rise to the level of something organized enough to be indictable as a conspiracy to defraud the US, etc. 

I mean if that's all they're looking for, with no comparison to how such conspiracies are actually carried out in other cases (meaning indirect orders and using coded language, implying things) and ignore everything else Trump and everyone around him and his campaign has been up to...then maybe....

Edited by visionary
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, mistertim said:

That being said, I still think that Trump and his business has some serious ties to dirty Russian money that could cause him to be compromised. To me that's an even bigger issue and it sounds like SDNY is mostly on the case there but hopefully the House will get his tax returns as well.

Trump may be inept, but the Russians aren't. They are doing this all over the globe.

His ineptitude coupled with the decades long propaganda machine creating a pliable and easily led base means that his "collusion" is most likely blackmail as has always been suspected, and being involved in that doesn't require any brains at all. In fact, the less the better.

Puppets dance, but they have no control over it.

Just because they may have tied his strings doesn't absolve him.

Besides, he takes too much pleasure in it. He isn't and never has behaved like a person who is unwilling to go along.

~Bang

Edited by Bang
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Bang said:

Trump may be inept, but the Russians aren't. They are doing this all over the globe.

His ineptitude coupled with the decades long propaganda machine creating a pliable and easily led base means that his "collusion" is most likely blackmail as has always been suspected, and being involved in that doesn't require any brains at all. In fact, the less the better.

Puppets dance, but they have no control over it.

Just because they may have tied his strings doesn't absolve him.

Besides, he takes too much pleasure in it. He isn't and never has behaved like a person who is unwilling to go along.

~Bang

Completely agree. I was just saying that him not being indictable for conspiracy isn't a huge surprise. He's a bumbling sociopathic fool who will do anything to win but who couldn't plan his way out of a wet paper bag.

Which makes him the exact kind of guy the Russians want, really.

I never thought he was really a Russian agent. But did and still do believe that he's a Russian asset.

Edited by mistertim
  • Like 3

I can buy the argument that Trump is just a bumbling fool that was duped into surrounding himself with people who are willing to sell America out for their own gain, however those folks around him are certain not bumbling fools in the sense that they didn't know what they were doing, which then calls into question why folks would be comfortable with a man as President that is a bumbling fool?

Trump may not be guilty of crimes merely because he surrounded himself with criminals, but there should be some kind of point at which the general public should feel uncomfortable with the idea that the President doesn't know any better and is this easily duped. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

I can buy the argument that Trump is just a bumbling fool that was duped into surrounding himself with people who are willing to sell America out for their own gain, however those folks around him are certain not bumbling fools in the sense that they didn't know what they were doing, which then calls into question why folks would be comfortable with a man as President that is a bumbling fool?

Trump may not be guilty of crimes merely because he surrounded himself with criminals, but there should be some kind of point at which the general public should feel uncomfortable with the idea that the President doesn't know any better and is this easily duped. 

"Yeah but he's our bumbling fool sent directly by God to save america."

But still, it's impossible to believe that Trump didn't know about the help that was at least offered and in that moment neither he nor anyone in the campaign did the right thing and informed the FBI. So they were at least willing to entertain the idea of help.

The biggest thing imo that was revealed during the investigation and what was the real "collusion" was the Moscow Tower project. I can buy that he didn't go to Russia and say "hack the DNC for me so we can get those emails and secrets" but this is what you can't overlook.

This is what Trump hid from the American people. This is what caused him to repeatedly deny Russia's involvement in interfering in our election and attacking us, going against all of our intelligence and the intelligence of our allies. He was discussing easing sanctions with them and not taking action on Russia for what they did to us, not as a favor for their assistance in helping him win but to protect the most lucrative business deal of his life. He sold American security away because it was potentially worth over $100 million.

That's what should terrify us especially in conjunction with his handling of Khashoggi's murder. He can be bought. I don't imagine there is a crime for it unless somebody has the heart to indict a sitting president for treason and nobody does. They'll never rock the boat. So they just strap in and hope for the best 

Edited by Momma There Goes That Man
  • Like 1