Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moose & Squirrel v Boris & Natasha: what's the deal with the rooskies and trumpland?

Jumbo

I think not releasing the report hurts Trump more than it helps him. I mean, his supporters were going to support him no matter what, that core base was never going to waver. He might've won some more independents over (not enough to win), but the way he has handled this stinks of a cover up. Instead of this going away, the Dems now have all the reason to hold investigations until 2020. Couple that up with a policies that over 70% of American are favorable to...doesn't look good.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Simmsy said:

I think not releasing the report hurts Trump more than it helps him. I mean, his supporters were going to support him no matter what, that core base was never going to waver. He might've won some more independents over (not enough to win), but the way he has handled this stinks of a cover up. Instead of this going away, the Dems now have all the reason to hold investigations until 2020. Couple that up with a policies that over 70% of American are favorable to...doesn't look good.

You would think, but....

Trying make Trump look bad (via investigations and non-stop attacks on his ethics, morality, etc) is not going to get it done.

18 minutes ago, HoustonSkin said:

You would think, but....

Trying make Trump look bad (via investigations and non-stop attacks on his ethics, morality, etc) is not going to get it done.

"Trying"?  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, HoustonSkin said:

You would think, but....

All they need to do is let congress handle the investigations and have the candidates run on policy.

53 minutes ago, BRAVEONAWARPATH said:

"I'll release my tax returns."

"Mexico will pay."

"I'd be happy to sit down with the Robert Mueller."

"Full exoneration. I have no problems with releasing the report."

Edited by Chachie
  • Thanks 3

11 minutes ago, Chachie said:

"Mexico will pay."

Yeah I find it strange that some people keep being surprised by Trump blatantly lying and reversing himself. It's standard practice now. I just assume that everything he says is probably a lie so when he changes course later it's expected.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Chachie said:

"Mexico will pay."

"No collusion". 

Edit:  "My children don't need to divest themselves of my businesses, because they will not be involved in government in any way."

Edited by Larry
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, mistertim said:

Yeah I find it strange that some people keep being surprised by Trump blatantly lying and reversing himself. It's standard practice now. I just assume that everything he says is probably a lie so when he changes course later it's expected.

And the course change is a lie too. Nothing he says is the truth about anything.

• Like 1

I knew it was too good to be true, Barr didn't change anyone's mind with his half assed declaration. Now we get to spend the next 2 years ripping this apart! Who do these people keep destroying their legacy for Trump?

Assuming the NYT bombshell is accurate, it's, well, a bombshell.

For 2 years Mueller's team didn't leak.  Now suddenly there's something, and it's to counter what the AG wrote.

That's a big honking deal.  It means what the AG wrote was so out of step with the conclusions of the investigation, that they could not keep themselves silent.

There was some discussion a few weeks ago about whether Mueller would have some measure of responsibility if the report got buried and covered up, since, hypothetically, he could always just go and say "what is in the public sphere is not what my report concluded."  There was some discussion of that, but the key point today is that that hypothetical is happening!  OSC individuals are saying that what Barr has placed into the public sphere is not what his report concluded.