Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moose & Squirrel v Boris & Natasha: what's the deal with the rooskies and trumpland?

Jumbo

8 hours ago, Llevron said:

Right. Hes only going to get more brazen from here. None of us believe Donald Trump is the kind of man to say "Woo! Made it out of that one by the skins of my teeth. I need to chill the **** out." No, we know the man by now. His every instinct it going to be to take advantage of the situation in every way imaginable and a few that arnt. Only when they push back on him will he slow down, and as of yet he has been held accountable to literally nothing outside of the midterm elections. 

He always has been and is even more so now his own worst enemy and his biggest area of weakness on an absolutely loaded starting five of **** ups.  

Bill Barr's 4 page review was the true beginning of the Fascist State of Donald J. Trump. The doors are blown open and the red carpet is rolling over our faces. Bet that.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Popeman38 said:

Theatrics. A resolution means nothing. DoJ regs give the report to the AG, not Congress. So passing a resolution does nothing, but it sure does make for good theater. 

So why suppress even voting on it?  

30 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

So just out of curiosity, as AG, what power/authority does William Barr have to get involved in the other investigations going on with Trump?

is this a trick question?

The AG is the head of the DOJ and thus involved.

1 hour ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Though it should also be noted that the AG has no power over the state investigations/charges.

Do you watch the show billions?

I'm asking this question honestly because I dont know, is this whole storyline bull****?

image.jpg

6 minutes ago, redskinss said:

I'm asking this question honestly because I dont know, is this whole storyline bull****?

No I've never seen it.  I'm sure some pressure could be applied through backroom discussions but my understanding is legally, the AG has no power there.  Maybe one of the lawyers here can confirm.

1 hour ago, redskinss said:

[pic from Billions]

You are mixing this up. Those two worked for the federal government. They are/were assistant attorney generals in their regions, but their boss was still the US attorney general.

What Chuck Roades is running for this year is the same position that Lelita James has, state of New York attorney general. That’s under the governor of New York and is out of the jurisdiction/control of the US Attorney General.

Edited by BenningRoadSkin
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

You are mixing this up. Those two worked for the federal government. They are/were assistant attorney generals in their regions, but their boss was still the US attorney general.

What Chuck Roades is running for this year is the same position that Lelita James has, state of New York attorney general. That’s under the governor of New York and is out of the jurisdiction/control of the US Attorney General.

I thought chuck rhoades was the attorney general for the southern district of New York and was fired by the u.s. attorney, no?

And yes you're right I have little to no understanding of how it works.

1 minute ago, redskinss said:

I thought chuck rhoades was the attorney general for the southern district of New York and was fired by the u.s. attorney, no?

And yes you're right I have little to no understanding of how it works.

Chuck Rhoades isn’t in that picture.

He was fired by the US AG after being the Assistant AG for the Southern District of New York. This season he is running for NY State AG.

• Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

Thanks for the explanation.  You may want to go edit that pic out of the quote though.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

Chuck Rhoades isn’t in that picture.

He was fired by the US AG after being the Assistant AG for the Southern District of New York. This season he is running for NY State AG.

I guess that's where I get confused. 

I hear people say that the sdny still can prosecute but apparently barr can shield them from those prosecutions too if he so desired. 

14 hours ago, twa said:

They do hide they know the full report cannot be released and what can has to be assembled.

usual games...unless they are ignorant.

13 hours ago, Popeman38 said:

Theatrics. A resolution means nothing. DoJ regs give the report to the AG, not Congress. So passing a resolution does nothing, but it sure does make for good theater. 

while I agree that there's a fair bit of overreaction on the left, this is going too far the other way.  We don't know whether the full report can be released or not because we don't know whether Mueller included grand jury or classified materials in the report.  Independent counsels used to write the report with the expectation that Congress would make the report public, so typically didn't make direct references to materials that could not be disclosed.  Although Mueller is now operating under a different legal framework, he knew that AG has the authority of releasing the report to the public.  If Mueller felt that public release would serve the public interest (and lay rest to any allegations of partisan shenanigans), he could have written the report with standards more befitting the old independent counsels, rather than "for your eye's only" approach he might have taken with a report addressed to the AG only.  

If such was the approach Mueller took (and we really have no way to know at this point), congressional resolution would put pressure on the AG, because whether now or under future administrations, if Mueller report was prepared in a format that would be amenable to full release, it will likely come out.

Edited by bearrock
  • Like 2