Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moose & Squirrel v Boris & Natasha: what's the deal with the rooskies and trumpland?

Jumbo

2 minutes ago, Popeman38 said:

Ok. You know it all. You should make the rules. 🙄

You do realize there are sensitive things going on that the general public doesn’t have a right to know? Like intelligence means, methods, and sources? Oh yeah, no gems jury information can be released either. But yeah, release it all. And if you don’t buy that you are part of his dumb base.

Genius. 

Yes, I'm the dumb one. How about we let the guy being investigated decide what gets out and happens during his OWN investigation? After everything that has happened, do you really trust him or his people to do the right thing?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Simmsy said:

Yes, I'm the dumb one. How about we let the guy being investigated decide what gets out and happens during his OWN investigation? After everything that has happened, do you really trust him or his people to do the right thing?

There are processes in place. In fact, we have been discussing them the last couple pages. You don’t get to change the rules because you don’t like the person in charge. Whether he is dumbledorf or not. I hate the guy. He can’t leave office fast enough. But AG Reno put the regs in place. If the report isn’t released to the public, that isn’t because Trump and his crew changed the rules. They would actually be following existing DoJ regs. 

But yes, the proper people should be in charge of redacting intelligence (sources, means, methods), national security, and grand jury information. As the law requires. 

Edited by Popeman38
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Popeman38 said:

There are processes in place. In fact, we have been discussing them the last couple pages. You don’t get to change the rules because you don’t like the person in charge. Whether he is dumbledorf or not. I hate the guy. He can’t leave office fast enough. But AG Reno put the regs in place. If the report isn’t released to the public, that isn’t because Trump and his crew changed the rules. They would actually be following existing DoJ regs. 

But yes, the proper people should be in charge of redacting intelligence (sources, means, methods), national security, and grand jury information. As the law requires. 

I know Reno changed the rules and he can do this. However, to do what he is doing and think that this exonerates him is insane. This isn't aimed at you, the entire notion in general just blows my mind. Once again, I apologize if I came off as aggressive, that was not my intent.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Popeman38 said:

While I agree there are things in the report the general public shouldn't see, trusting institutions, processes, and people who are supposed to be unbiased etc while Trump either goes around all this or subverts it for his own purposes, is what has allowed Trump to get away with so much.   How many times have we thought some person, some institution, or some law would stop Trump or stand up to him, only for him to find his way around it or corrupt it to suit his own purposes?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Simmsy said:

I know Reno changed the rules and he can do this. However, to do what he is doing and think that this exonerates him is insane. This isn't aimed at you, the entire notion in general just blows my mind. Once again, I apologize if I came off as aggressive, that was not my intent.

It’s cool. 

AG Barr and DAG Rosenstein are the ones doing the redacting. IF they send the report to WH counsel for executive privilege, and they redact so much the report is useless,  Congress should subpoena the **** out of everyone. But until then, I think it is acceptable to let the AG and DAG work on getting a 22 month report completely digested and ready to send to Congress. Everything I have read indicate the Intel Committees will receive the entire report. And I hope a readable version is available for Congress/public consumption.

1 minute ago, visionary said:

While I agree there are things in the report the general public shouldn't see, trusting institutions, processes, and people who are supposed to be unbiased etc while Trump either goes around all this or subverts it for his own purposes, is what has allowed Trump to get away with so much.   How many times have we thought some person, some institution, or some law would stop Trump or stand up to him, only for him to find his way around it or corrupt it to suit his own purposes?

So anarchy? The institutions have to be trusted. The intel community will ensure national security and intelligence are redacted, and the AG/DAG will remove grand jury stuff. What’s in question is what the WH counsel does if they get a chance to exert executive privilege. But even if the WH counsel redacted a ton of info, there is no obligation for public release, so any version that gets released exceeds the required standard. 

At at this point, we all know what Trump is. 2020 should be the driving focus for Dems and voters. At this point it’s 18 months away. Does anyone really think this government can do ANYTHING substantive in 18 months? 

4 minutes ago, Popeman38 said:

It’s cool. 

AG Barr and DAG Rosenstein are the ones doing the redacting. IF they send the report to WH counsel for executive privilege, and they redact so much the report is useless,  Congress should subpoena the **** out of everyone. But until then, I think it is acceptable to let the AG and DAG work on getting a 22 month report completely digested and ready to send to Congress. Everything I have read indicate the Intel Committees will receive the entire report. And I hope a readable version is available for Congress/public consumption.

From what I've heard, doesn't the WH get first whack at redacting it before it is released at all? Honestly, at this point, I don't think it matters. I was willing to believe that he may have not colluded, but there is so much smoke. Just saying, after being "vindicated" I would expect full transparency of the report (minus sensitive intel). I'm going to "Redskins" it, take a shot and maybe hope for a field goal.

37 minutes ago, DogofWar1 said:

I want Pelosi and Warner to see the unredacted thing.  If they then signs off on a redacted version, then I'm good with it.

Agreed on this. I think the Senate and House leadership, or appropriate committee leadership, should 100% be able to see the full unredacted report. It doesn't necessarily need to be made fully public because there very well may be certain things related to NatSet, etc that needs to remain sensitive/classified. But they need to be able to see the whole thing, before it gets whitewashed and redacted to hell and back by the WH. 

22 minutes ago, Popeman38 said:

So anarchy? The institutions have to be trusted. The intel community will ensure national security and intelligence are redacted, and the AG/DAG will remove grand jury stuff. What’s in question is what the WH counsel does if they get a chance to exert executive privilege. But even if the WH counsel redacted a ton of info, there is no obligation for public release, so any version that gets released exceeds the required standard. 

At at this point, we all know what Trump is. 2020 should be the driving focus for Dems and voters. At this point it’s 18 months away. Does anyone really think this government can do ANYTHING substantive in 18 months? 

The thing is that the admin is accomplishing lots of little things that we don't really know the consequences of until somewhere down the line if ever.  So even when it seems they are being stifled or stymied through some court or some process, they find a different route or word things differently, or move around personal, or just wait until people are paying attention to something else or the attention to the topic has waned.  For example the travel ban got lots of coverage and attention at first, and even in it's different permutations but very little attention has gone to how the admin has accomplished a lot of what they wanted to through it by less visible means around the world.  

Edited by visionary

57 minutes ago, visionary said:

One thing that worries me about the Democrats is that they (the leadership) may want Trump to stay in power and succeed at some things so that they can play off of it for political and financial gain.

The only trade off would be if Trump wins re-election but the Dems take the Senate (and retain the house).  Then at least we can get some LULZ out of Trump being a full term lame duck President.

1 minute ago, NoCalMike said:

The only trade off would be if Trump wins re-election but the Dems take the Senate (and retain the house).  Then at least we can get some LULZ out of Trump being a full term lame duck President.

Not lulz... conservatives should hope Biden gets elected in 2020...

5 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

Could he just do everything by executive order, and just name acting cabinet members though....  

Edited by visionary

33 minutes ago, mistertim said:

Agreed on this. I think the Senate and House leadership, or appropriate committee leadership, should 100% be able to see the full unredacted report. It doesn't necessarily need to be made fully public because there very well may be certain things related to NatSet, etc that needs to remain sensitive/classified. But they need to be able to see the whole thing, before it gets whitewashed and redacted to hell and back by the WH. 

Larry esq, Your Honor, representing Mr Lucifer. 

You do realize that if the leadership of the two parties get it, but nobody else does, then what we'll see, out here in the cheap seats, is two sets of grandiose claims about what's in it, made by two groups who both know that they can lie their behinds off, and nobody can call them on it. 

Although, granted, two sets of unchallenged lies might be better than only one set. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I’m fine with letting the process work it’s way out.  My opinion hasn’t changed much. Russia wanted to help Trump.  Trump wanted Russia’s help.  Simply because Trump didn’t phone Putin to personally ask him to help him doesn’t make things any less fishy.

Plus, there is TOTALLY still a pee tape.

We will either get a (satisfactory) redacted report or we will get congressional hearings for all involved.

• Like 1

Honestly I’m fine with letting him have a flawless victory as long and this pendulum quickly swings in the other direction in 2020. I mean the house, senate, executive and add enough soco judges to the bench that dems have the majority. 

But it if things keep going in this direction I don’t know what we are going to do. 

53 minutes ago, Cooked Crack said:

THAT COVERUP IS WALKING AND QUACKING AT THE SAME TIME!  GET IT!

54 minutes ago, Cooked Crack said:

In fairness, it's almost certainly too soon to ask questions on this.  Polls often run about a week behind news, so we'll find out if there's a bump or not in about a week (when there will probably be another major revelation which requires more waiting to see how it impacts the polls.

Also.

READ THIS ****.

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2019/03/mueller-report-barr-summary-obstruction-conspiracy-close-reading.amp?__twitter_impression=true

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Llevron said:

Honestly I’m fine with letting him have a flawless victory as long and this pendulum quickly swings in the other direction in 2020. I mean the house, senate, executive and add enough soco judges to the bench that dems have the majority. 

But it if things keep going in this direction I don’t know what we are going to do. 

War, Civil War.